Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Dealer Advertising On Challenger

Old 02-02-2008, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Advertising On Challenger

It drives me crazy that dealers almost automatically put their dealership information on cars (plaques, lettering, license plate frames, etc.)

I insist on all cars I buy to leave it off since I get no advertising fees or other advantages from the dealer.

If the dealer put some wild special order combo that a normal customer could not order like YENKO did centuries ago, then it may add value immediately as well as long term.

What do you think?

Eric

Old 02-02-2008, 09:37 PM

Default RE: Dealer Advertising On Challenger

Agreed. If I order mine I'll ask that they don't put it on. Otherwise I'm gonna have to figure out how to peel it off of there. Exactly what favor did they do me that I should reward with advertising?
Old 02-02-2008, 09:44 PM

I don't want to peel anything off or risk any damage to my prized paintjob. They shouldn't put it on to start with.

Eric
Old 02-03-2008, 04:24 AM
Super Moderator

Yep, they should keep their greasy meat hooks off it, if they intend to try to put anything on. If of course they, they WILL have to take it off, unless as Overpowered states, they actually give you something for it (Free tire rotation for life, or hell, free tires for life, something like that).

If they were to put it on, pretty simple matter to get it off decal remover, if it's a sticker, if it's 3D trim type lettering, heavy weight fishing line & decal remover. But again, that will be them, and I'll be scrutinizing closely where it was to make sure there are no blemishes.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:48 AM

I am right on with this one. Of all the cars I have ever owned, certainly the first aspect for me as I have gotten home is to remove any of the dealer logos on it. With my Challenger, it's a Dodge, and I want nothing on it to indicate otherwise. Most dealers nowadays are only using license plate mounted frames, so it's a simple fix to make the car pure again.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:54 AM

I have never allowed a dealer to mark my car and never will. After all, it's my car.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. Dealer advertising does not belong on cars! Are we being paid by them to drive around with a "moving billboard?"

No other business does this. [sm=dontgetit.gif]

Just think how weird would it be if you bought a jacket or pants from a major department store, and there was an outside label that said "Purchased at Sears."

Old 02-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

I will make sure their prep team does not add the dealer logos and plastic decals.

If you just tell the sales guys only, you are gonna get the advertising so be sure to tell the prep team.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:10 PM

I've already informed my dealer, no advertising and DO NOT wash my car, I'll take care of that myself.