Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

dealer price ADMs

Old 10-24-2007, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealer price ADMs

has anyone pinned down a price and made a deposit on a challenger yet? I've talked to 4 dealers today...they all have E Bay fever..talking 20-30 k over...ouch
Old 10-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: dealer price ADMs

Several people on the forum have put money down and the dealer is just holding it because they do not know any yet until recently.

E-bay fever is ridiculous. I will just wait a little longer.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:39 PM

You bought a GT 500 so you should know how this is going to go..... badly until the hype dies off. It may be worse for the Challenger if Dodge says it is going to be a limited run. [:@]
Old 10-24-2007, 05:37 PM

ORIGINAL: phcool

You bought a GT 500 so you should know how this is going to go..... badly until the hype dies off. It may be worse for the Challenger if Dodge says it is going to be a limited run. [:@]
yes...i'm afraid this will go as the GT500 went..and is still going..over sticker.....
The mustang had the Shelby name that pushed the hype higher. But at 1-2 per dealer for challenger,i can see a bidding war starting
Old 10-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

When all of the pony cars get introduced, the price wars should hopefully start.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:59 PM

I have the first one coming to our local dealer, I have agreed in writing to pay $5,000.00 over MSRP
Old 10-24-2007, 07:27 PM

barrydelau - I have some really good ocean front property in Nevada for ya.

Ya I got one coming too but I only agreed to 4999 in writing - geeeeshhhh are we all getting foolish? Please tell me there aren't any more of these folks around. If the dealer charges me a penny over MSRP, I will hand them a salt and pepper shaker and tell'em to start eating. I will wait till people like this are out of the market and possibly get ESPP (hahha).

-Phil
Old 10-25-2007, 05:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. Wait until all the hype is over in 2008 and get a reasonable deal in 2009!

Why make the stealers rich by paying $$$ over MSRP??
Old 10-25-2007, 04:57 PM

My reason is I want a low vin and the limited run car.

I also do know what it was like with the GT500 because I bought one and here it is 2 years later they still have high ADM's. The challenger is going to be the same if not worse.

You can make fun of me all you want, I love the car and can afford to pay the $5,000 over MSRP. I will be enjoying the car next summer!

I also have been offered a good sum to hand over my # 1 spot, but I want the car. If you think I am the only one willing to pay over MSRP you are kidding yourself!

This is a great car and the hype is going to get bigger and bigger as the release date gets closer, as the hype grows so will the $$$$$.

73cuda340 - you better carry your salt and pepper shaker in your glove box until 2010.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

I know for the 2005 Mustang, it took a good year for the hype to go down. We finally got a decent price in the 2006 model.

Quick Reply: dealer price ADMs