Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Disapointed

Old 03-01-2008, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disapointed

Today I drove a Charger V6 3.5 with the hopes of getting a sorta feel for the V6 Challenger. I felt a big lack of "GO" power. Yes I know it is rear wheel drive and some power is lost between the pedel and the wheels, it felt like a sled. Im so disappointed I have my heart set on a 2009 V6 Challenger which I understand as per the rumors, 3.5 V6 manual, is built on a Charger. HMMM I really dont know what to think now, if I could buy a V8 I would.

Then yes I drove a Mustang V6 4.0 with the performance package, yes it has the go power I like.

Then, home to start a comparison sheet I found that my grand am has a smaller engine but it is lighter and front wheel drive so it feels faster, and the over all body size and weight is smaller. The Mustang body size and weight similar to the Grand Am but much faster of course.

I think the Challenger will be too slow in a V6.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:42 PM

Default RE: Disapointed

ORIGINAL: Cheekie
I think the Challenger will be too slow in a V6.
I agree.. but, get a V8 if you want go power.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:46 PM

Yeah I'll have to see how it goes. All I can afford is the V6 so hopefully it's enough for me. Otherwise I might be waiting for the camaro or the restyled mustang, or the genesis coupe.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:58 PM

Yah I should get a V8 but I think about how much gas it uses, how heavy it is, and of course the price. Here in Victoria there is really one highway that has any distance to travel and one nice winding sunday driving road, not much room to play. I want to use my car with daily driving and running around[&o], to get the V8 would be like getting a lamborgini and never taking it out of 2nd.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:16 PM

Awe......cost of fuel???? What's that???
Go for the performance!
Daily driver?
Old 03-01-2008, 09:44 PM

The gas will be FREE because my customers are going to pay for it. Hahahahaha. I love that.
(I have an online business).
Old 03-01-2008, 09:46 PM

Actually, I'm wondering if there's going to be that much differene in actual gas mileage between the V-6 Challenger and the small (5.7) V-8 Challenger. Because of the weight of the car, I wouldn't be surprised if they're not very similar.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Justinec101

Yeah I'll have to see how it goes. All I can afford is the V6 so hopefully it's enough for me. Otherwise I might be waiting for the camaro or the restyled mustang, or the genesis coupe.
Hey Justine, what are you looking from for the car? Is it going to be a daily driver, weekend cruiser or are you looking for a bit of both with a bit of punch for when you need it. You might find the V6 will be ok, i guess you wont know till the car makes production and gets tested.

What if you took the V6 and used her for 12 months to allow for some nice used R/T or SRT models to appear at a more affordable price. You could always trade her in then for the more powerful car if you think you still need the performance?
Old 03-02-2008, 05:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The mileage difference between a 3.5 and a 5.7 is not that great- only 2 mpg. If fact, some drivers of 3.5 Chargers have been complaining about poor gas mileage. Don't buy a car that you will not be satisfied with.

3.5= 19/27 mpg
5.7= 17/25 mpg

If you compare the all-wheel drive models, the mileage is identical at 17/24 mpg.

As an option, you can wait until 2010 when the 3.5 is replaced with the new V6 Phoenix engine.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

I think that if the Challenger gets the new Phoenix engine (V-6) which has dual variable valve timing (VVT), you will get the performance because
VVT is kinda like getting a turbo. Once you hit that RPM range, it really kicks in.

Just wait and see. I think you will delightfully surprised when you test drive one.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.