Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Disapointed

Old 03-03-2008, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Disapointed

you tell me you can still put a catylitic converter on it right? I was assuming that most of the crate engines are emissions legal. I know the 392 isn't yet at least allpar.com said this. But im under the assumption that they are gonna come out with an emissions legal 392 as of right now the crate 392 put out 525hp. the 402 puts out 435 for only 7 grand. Not really that bad.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

ECU/CEL ? Jersey won't pass you if your CEL light is lit, of course, I guess you could always hoodwink'em and have the light light up at ignition and then be connected to nothing on the other end....hmmmm.....

this is sounding better!

Old 03-03-2008, 01:14 PM

a lot of the crate engines come with their own computers or can be run off of existing hardware. Some come with stuff like windows so you can tune it on your computer in your house.
Im not totally sure about all the emissions regulations though. Every state is different. But i know a lot of the ones i looked at said at least 50 state emissions legal or still pending.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

I would certainly get the complete crate engines, so all you have to do it drop, fill and go.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Cheekie

Today I drove a Charger V6 3.5 with the hopes of getting a sorta feel for the V6 Challenger. I felt a big lack of "GO" power. Yes I know it is rear wheel drive and some power is lost between the pedel and the wheels, it felt like a sled. Im so disappointed I have my heart set on a 2009 V6 Challenger which I understand as per the rumors, 3.5 V6 manual, is built on a Charger. HMMM I really dont know what to think now, if I could buy a V8 I would.

Then yes I drove a Mustang V6 4.0 with the performance package, yes it has the go power I like.

Then, home to start a comparison sheet I found that my grand am has a smaller engine but it is lighter and front wheel drive so it feels faster, and the over all body size and weight is smaller. The Mustang body size and weight similar to the Grand Am but much faster of course.

I think the Challenger will be too slow in a V6.
You get what you pay for, BUY A V8!
Old 03-03-2008, 03:53 PM

Also the V8 has MDS or w/e its called... I dont worry too much about gas milage . Also the v8 will be probibly a lot more to insure but I dont know how old the man is posting this!
Old 03-03-2008, 04:13 PM

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

ECU/CEL ? Jersey won't pass you if your CEL light is lit, of course, I guess you could always hoodwink'em and have the light light up at ignition and then be connected to nothing on the other end....hmmmm.....

this is sounding better!
They're not suppose to even test your car unless the light is off. There is always plenty of places that will test for a price, whether the light is off or not, the computer can be hooked up to a car that will show less emissions. The shop tells the state what kind of car is being tested, not the computer!
Old 03-03-2008, 05:03 PM

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

a lot of the crate engines come with their own computers or can be run off of existing hardware. Some come with stuff like windows so you can tune it on your computer in your house.
Im not totally sure about all the emissions regulations though. Every state is different. But i know a lot of the ones i looked at said at least 50 state emissions legal or still pending.

Great... windows running our cars now? Oh, sorry I'm late boss... when I started my car it wouldn't boot... then I got the blue screen of death. Had to download a security patch before it would start...

Also will add whole new meaning to "the Challenger crashed" on my way to work... Jeesh... what's the world coming to...[&:]
Old 03-03-2008, 05:36 PM

one word Skynet
Old 03-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

We will be watching the 2 hours of that show tonight. Best show of the season.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.