Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Ebay auction for Challenger SRT8 # 2 now underway

Old 09-27-2007, 03:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay auction for Challenger SRT8 # 2 now underway

Auction Link: Challenger No. 2

Specifications:

Model / Sub Model: Dodge Challenger SRT8
Year: 2008
VIN / Limited production: TBD / #2 out of a Limited Production
Special Feature: Vehicle will arrive with a limited-edition numbered dash plaque indicating build No 2.
Number of Miles: New
Exterior Color: HEMI Orange Exterior with hood stripes
Interior Color: Not yet announced
Number of Cylinders: 6.1L HEMI V8
Transmission: 5-speed automatic transmission with Autostick®
Number of Doors: 2
Condition: New
Warranty Specifics: A vehicle warranty as available on other Dodge cars will be available on date of delivery.
Condition of Title: New – Never been titled
Options: Not yet announced

Vehicle is being auctioned by Chrysler, LLC.

Winning bidder agrees to have their picture taken with the vehicle, and they also agree to let Chrysler use their picture and/or their likeness for promotional purposes.

Q. Will a Letter of Authenticity be provided?
A. A limited edition dash plaque will be included with vehicle delivery.

Q. What is the estimated delivery time?
A. Barring unanticipated circumstances, the expected delivery time to the agreed upon dealer is May, 2008.

Q. How many miles will be on the Challenger #2?
A. The vehicle will be delivered new.

Q. Is bidding open internationally?
A. No. Only legal residents of the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska) are eligible to bid on this particular auction.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:53 AM

Default RE: Ebay auction for Challenger SRT8 # 2 now underway

And so it begins. Below is the Ebay Motors link if anyone is interested. Break out your checkbooks.

Ebay Motors
Old 09-27-2007, 04:04 AM

The NUMBER TWO car and they want to use my photo? Sure ... I bid $150,000.00 for the car and Dodge can use my picture for, say, $150,000.00! Heck, I don't let dealers put their insignias on my car for free let alone a car company use my picture for free.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:16 AM

What pictures?

I think I'll follow this.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:38 AM

Up to over $65k already...ughhh. This is what dealers are going to use to set prices guys. Grab a jar of your favorite lube...it's gonna hurt.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:44 AM

I know they won't call me afterwards. I just hope this kiss me during.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:29 PM

Actually, the really interesting thing about this auction is the opening bid amount: $25K. Since the auction is open only to Dodge dealers and since -- as we all know, charity begins at home -- the money-hemorrhaging Chrysler Corp. probably can't afford to just give away a Challenger, that amount probably is the actual dealer cost of a 2008 SRT8 Challenger. Hence, folks, keep that figure ($25K for an SRT8) in mind when going Challenger shopping in the latter part of 2009.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:39 PM

Come on, you don't really believe that do you RoswellGrey? $25K? Not for many years for a car like this.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:57 PM

Yes, but it also might be a marketing strategy, through ebay that is. Say I have something really popular that I know everyone wants. I'm going to start the bidding on ebay at $1 because I know dang well I'm going to get a lot more then that for it. As a matter of fact that's exactly what I did with something I sold. I started it at .90 cents and ended up getting $300 for it. To me it's really hard to base the SRT-8 off of ebay especially since that starting price would now be even less then the Mustang GT and we know this Challenger will have a lot more power and be a lot nicer so I doubt it's going to start off cheaper then the GT. That would make the R/T closer to $20,000 and the SE, or whatever they decided to call it, say about $15,000. Man, don't I wish.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

Come on, you don't really believe that do you RoswellGrey? $25K? Not for many years for a car like this.
No, Paladin, I'm saying $25K likely is the DEALERS' cost for an SRT8. That's what you should keep in mind when Challenger shopping in late 2009 -- AFTER the initial furor over the Challenger dies down and all the people with more dollars than sense have paid incredible markups to drive around in something that the overwhelming majority of people in real life care absolutely nothing about. Seriously, about the only way you'd impress other people with a Challenger is if all of us on this and all the other Challenger web boards moved into a moderate-sized trailer park somewhere and established our own town. That way, we could spend our days being envious of each others' cars.

Quick Reply: Ebay auction for Challenger SRT8 # 2 now underway