Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...
View Poll Results: A poll
Buying one anyway on schedule!
0%
Postponing the purchase
0%
Switching to a cheaper Challenger model
0%
What economic issues?
0%
Buying now before they stop producing it
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Economic Influence on Challenger purchase?

Old 10-09-2008, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Economic Influence on Challenger purchase?

Thought it would be interesting (hopefully not depressing) to see what (if any) impact the current financial conditions are having on those considering purchasing a Challenger.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:43 PM

Default RE: Economic Influence on Challenger purchase?

Buying one anyway on schedule!
Only change I will hagle over financing in Jan '09.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:57 PM

I got the 2008.... way back before the world market crashes when fuel was the big concern. I would still purchase today.

I would think twice before buying a GM product. They dont seem to have the cash flow to carry them into January, and what was once good stock has dropped to the low 5.00 range. The pattern shows a company that wont be with us by March, and they wont produce the Camaro for only one year. We shall see, but nothing on the horizon for mighty GM.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:10 PM

gm wont go down....it represents america in the auto industry....it wont happen, I myself will be buying some stock in gm soon.
chrysler will probably be the first to fall out of the 3 because it has no european market.

btw im getting an rt slightly off scheduel.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:16 PM

I'd pick the top one but it won't let me or I don't know how.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:30 PM

Economic nothing. I bought one already, would I buy one tomorrow sure, why not.

I don't worry about fuel prices either, I drive and drive. I owned her since Sept 10th and I already have 1500-miles, took her to Pahrump, NV to my vaca-home and back the same day, I love driving her, yeah!!!. Picked her up to 120 MPH and she still had more in her. Did I tell ya I love this vehicle, LOL. [8D]

I don't worry about market, stock, bonds, and or work. I have property with its own water rights, gold set aside, and plenty of lead gold for those who want to exchage.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:49 PM

All set here... wouldn"t let a little thing like the economy hinder my decision... but glad it waited or it might have been more difficult to pass by the wife. Divorce is such an ugly inconvenience...
Old 10-09-2008, 05:50 PM

Man, I forgot this board has problems with polls...ugh.

Myself, I'm postponing...kind of, as I'm curious about the Classic edition and no new news on it lately.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:55 PM

ORIGINAL: TRW762X51mm

Economic nothing. I bought one already, would I buy one tomorrow sure, why not.

I don't worry about fuel prices either, I drive and drive. I owned her since Sept 10th and I already have 1500-miles, took her to Pahrump, NV to my vaca-home and back the same day, I love driving her, yeah!!!. Picked her up to 120 MPH and she still had more in her. Did I tell ya I love this vehicle, LOL. [8D]
Same here, I have one already...would have purchased anyway, regardless of how the world is turning. Those people out there that say their world is falling apart because gas goes up another 20 cent or whatever, need to reexamine their personal financial planning (or lack of). Times are tough for a lot of people today, but most are in the spot they are in because of themselves.....

(By the way...love the vineyard at Pahrump, NV, where we visit from time to time and park the motorhome in the RV park behind the vinery......)
Old 10-09-2008, 06:54 PM

Let's face it folks.........we are a diffreent breed of car buyer.

The Challenger is not a 'main stream' automobile in today's market. It's a specialty car that we are passionate about.

This purchase is not about basic transportation. It's high fashion statement that is not really for a family.

It's like the Corvette. There will always be a buyer with money that will buy our car.

No doubt, the numbers are down. My dealer told me that they had four Challenger deals fall through this week due to financing issues.

You cannot sell them if the buyer cannot get financing. Chrysler cancelled the leasing program, so the result is poor sales - even for our beloved Challenger.

The S/E model is an outright steal. The R/T model is a bargain muscle car. The SRT8 model is an extravagence.

Our economy is real sick right now, and normal conditions do not apply. I think Chrysler has more to worry about than GM.

Private investors (CERBERUS) do not keep companies that lose money. I pray for brighter days ahead. Sooner the better.

Quick Reply: Economic Influence on Challenger purchase?