Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

EXCLUSIVE CHALLENGER SE PICTURES!!!

Old 03-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EXCLUSIVE CHALLENGER SE PICTURES!!!

Ok, so I know that these arent the best pictures in the world, but I was somewhere that I probably shouldnt have been, and the good people are Dodge were kind enough to let this car sit around, and I capitalized...

Take a good look at these two pictures. I only got two as I needed to be in and out, but this is, by my opinion, clearly a Challenger SE production model.

Single, tiny exhaust, no wing, no badging on the grille, no hood stripe, no hood badges, 17 inch aluminum wheels. you can see a test apparatus of some sort attached to the passenger side of the car.

Enjoy, and NO reproduction without full credit..thank you!! Unlike other sites that watermark Dodge stock photos, these are photos that I took, and you wont find these particular photos anywhere else.

Now for the pictures..

Old 03-21-2008, 12:15 PM

Default RE: EXCLUSIVE CHALLENGER SE PICTURES!!!

I really love the looks of the car with no rear spoiler. In fact, I might even be tempted to remove the front spoiler to give it more clearance for those curb things that are out in the middle of parking lots.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Administrator

hmm..while the car looks good without it, i REALLY like the old school spoiler...

however, i dont think that i like the bottom of the rear fascia not being body colored.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:23 PM

[sm=admin.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=happybounce.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=admin.gif]

Very nice. Thanks for the pics.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:32 PM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

hmm..while the car looks good without it, i REALLY like the old school spoiler...

however, i dont think that i like the bottom of the rear fascia not being body colored.

Yeah, I was wondering about that not being the color of the body, too. Maybe they figure the damage from stones and whatever getting kicked up there won't show as badly this way, particularly on a lighter-colored car.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Administrator

i bet that youre right. my stratus, even though its FWD, kicks alot of crap up onto that area behind the wheels, so something finished in flat, dark plastic would show less damage.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:40 PM

Possibly that or maybe the optical illusion of the rear being higher in the rear, like the original?? Nowadays, that type of moulding is almost common place, and it would protect from chips and such.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:05 PM

In an interview on redletterdodge they mentioned that the black along the bottom was to make the car look less bloated. Also a question for anyone who might know. Looking at the chin spoiler it looks fairly. . . permanent. Almost like they modified the front of the car to fit it on there as opposed to making the chin spoiler fit around the car. If you were to take it off do you think the car still curves under and would be painted under there? I can't count the number of speed bumps I go over every day and I'm worried about it getting scraped up or messing up the front of the car. Anyone with one of these on their current car is that a problem?

Also if it's extremely important to the aerodynamics of the car I wouldn't want to take it off but I might be tempted to paint it body color but I wouldn't bother if it would just get scratched up anyway.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:42 PM

I think the chin spoiler and the rear deck spoiler are there for going at very high speed? I like the rear one. It looks too much like a plain, ordinary car without it. But I definitely don't like the front spoiler. I can imagine bumping into stuff all the time with that. Plus it doesn't look mopar. Whenever I pull into a driveway I have to hit the brakes just before I enter it and go slowly, otherwise my front end hits the pavement. And I think I probably have a little more ground clearance than the Challenger.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:52 PM

IMVHO without the front and rear spoiler the car looks horrible and plain..

Quick Reply: EXCLUSIVE CHALLENGER SE PICTURES!!!