Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Fatal SRT Crash

Old 09-02-2008, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fatal SRT Crash

ORIGINAL: RUBBERBNDMAN

ORIGINAL: kevin2323

if i ever get that much power I will DEFINATELY invest in a roll cage right away.
There is basically roll cage built right in if you really get into how the car is built.
Air bags in front rear and side. That is one reason this car weighs so much.
well apparently it wasnt good enough if the car flipped and he died, but as more details are let out we will know what he died from.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:10 PM

We all ready know how the young man died.

1. Speed
2. Telephone Poles
3. No seat belt
4. More car then he could handle or had the ability to drive.
5. He used up his one bad mistake and you only get one.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:21 PM

On the bright side, he died with a grin on his face, I hope I get to go behind the wheel. (I also assume no one else was hurt)
Old 09-02-2008, 12:51 PM

Tanner Odom was a terrific guy and a GREAT dealer. Real tragedy for the family.

Over the years, I have done business with them when I had business interests in the area.

The laws of physics dictate in any situation. Seat belts are a must. There is little that airbags can do if your body is not restrained in the car.

These cars are extremely powerful machines that must be respected.

Let this be a lesson for those of us who have the choice to drive safely and buckle up EVERY TIME we drive.

May his memory be a blessing for those who knew him. RIP.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:04 PM

Very sad news. I did not know the victim, but am saddened nonetheless. Condolences to his family and friends.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:10 PM

Sorry to hear of his family and friends loss, they are in my prayers.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:31 PM

Well I've heard this story in like 5 places now and while it's too bad, he didn't seem very smart. His dad died in a motorcycle accident so I'm guessing recklessness may run in the family. He had a supercharger in a 425hp car which seemed to be more than he could handle, and on top of that he wasn't wearing a seatbelt. And this took place at 2am, drinking involved? It's a wonder nobody else was killed.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:37 PM

So Sad.

If he wasn't wearing a seatbelt that's real sad for a driver/dealer of cars so young that "no seatbelt" is not an option since he's been old enough to touch the pedals.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:16 PM

Its a tragedy to be sure. I was taught as a toddler to alway buckle up, and it is so engrained in me that I feel uncomfortable if I dont have a seatbelt on. Even lapbelts make me nervous.

My Uncle was almost killed when his semi went off the side of a mountain. It was one of those rare circumstances that if he HAD been wearing his seatbelt he would have died. As the truck sped down the side it hit several large trees that smashed the roof down level with the dashboard. You could see the steering column sticking out above the wreck. He survived by diving to the floorboard and riding it out. Still, he knows that his case was the exception to the rule. He never goes anywhere without wearing a seatbelt nowadays.

Im curious about one thing. Both of these stories say he was driving a 2009 Challenger. And Tchubb is saying it was a supecharged SRT. I wonder if this is accurate. If it is supercharged, I would guess it would have to be either an R/T or a 2008. I doubt any SRTs have been delivered yet. And if they have, that would still be some fast work to get a supercharger on one so fast.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:44 PM

Regardless of rather he was drunk, or just had a death wish, my heart goes out to the family that has lost a father and son. The dead are done, but the living near him will have to go through the hurt for a life time.
I didnt know him, but I promise I will remember this when ever I get behind the wheel in my Challenger. RIP Tanner

Quick Reply: Fatal SRT Crash