Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

First Impressions

Old 12-22-2008, 03:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First Impressions

Well, I have had my 2009 SRT for one week now. The weather has been bad but I have still gotten in a little driving. I have nothing negative to report. Everything has been great. The fit, paint and overall quality of the car has exceeded my expectations. Also, the road mag reviews were right on the money with the handling and power. Outstanding!

I have been pleasantly suprised by the exhaust tone on the automatic. The suitcase muffler has a straight through design with no baffles. It produces a nice deep growl under throttle. No need to replace it.

In regard to the interior, I like the dash- very functional- and the passenger compartment is extremely roomy. The leather/suade SRT seats are very comfortable, and the built-in heaters are welcome in the cold Northeast. The back seat, as expected, is difficult to enter, especially from the driver's side.

One thing to get used to is the limited side visibility due to the C pillars and the short windows and windshield. Driving the Challenger makes you feel you are in a chopped roadster.

A big plus with the car is the huge trunk. Under a pull-up flap is the battery (on the right), the small center wheel well (with no wheel or tire) and the air pump kit (on the left).

So far, I have purchased the following items:

Covercraft Weathershield HP car cover
Car cover cable & lock
Challenger Door sills
Challenger Carpet Mat
Gorilla Guard Wheel Locks
Ravelco Anti-Theft Device
Locking Gas Cap
Window VIN Etching Kit
Assorted Meguiars products
Dri-Car Wash (for winter)
Wheel boot
SRT shirts
Diecast Model of 2009 SRT

Future Purchases:

Oil Catch Can
Racing Pedals
Billet SRT Hood Emblem

Old 12-22-2008, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First Impressions

Sounds like your enjoying the ride hope the weather lets you get more drive time .
Old 12-23-2008, 03:27 AM

Thanks for the report Cuda! Amazing how one can have such high expectations... only to have the car exceed those expectatons! Same thing I noticed. Glad to hear your enjoying... however... no mention of the grin...
Old 12-23-2008, 07:07 AM

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya
Thanks for the report Cuda! Amazing how one can have such high expectations... only to have the car exceed those expectatons! Same thing I noticed. Glad to hear your enjoying... however... no mention of the grin...
How could I forget to mention that! The "grin" started when Bob Frederick's trailer pulled up to my house last Saturday. It has never left. I feel like the Joker from Batman!!

Also, you do become an "instant rock star." I have had joggers stop by my house, strangers walk up to me in parking lots just wanting to look at the car and talk about it. Also, many drivers in my area are now seeing chiropractors for extreme cases of whiplash and rubber-necking.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:30 AM

Cuda in a few weeks I will have had my Challenger for 7 months and I thought for sure the "instant rock star" would wear off long by now but it hasn't. The grin is still there too! Congratulations and I am happy to hear it has met your expectations!

Happy holidays to all!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 11:26 AM

Man I want the grin
Old 12-23-2008, 03:50 PM

I've counted 4 (count 'em - 4!) people who have now asked me "hey, is that the new Camaro?"

One thing to get used to is the limited side visibility due to the C pillars and the short windows and windshield. Driving the Challenger makes you feel you are in a chopped roadster.
You'll get used to that in no time (if you haven't already)
Old 12-24-2008, 06:49 AM

Maybe if the C-Pillar treatment on both cars wasn't practically identical, you wouldn't be having this "problem"...

ORIGINAL: Yankee

I've counted 4 (count 'em - 4!) people who have now asked me "hey, is that the new Camaro?"

You'll get used to that in no time (if you haven't already)
Old 12-24-2008, 07:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Albeeno

Maybe if the C-Pillar treatment on both cars wasn't practically identical, you wouldn't be having this "problem"...

And after careful examination of a 1-24th scale model Camero at Wal-Mart, I've concluded that its blind spot is as bad as the Challenger's.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:21 AM

Yes I have the grin. every where you go people ask about the car. Thumbs up from other drivers. Got to love it.

Quick Reply: First Impressions