Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...
View Poll Results: A poll
Wheels/ Tires
4.17%
Performance parts
29.17%
Sound system
12.50%
Paint / Decals
4.17%
Exterior Apperance
4.17%
Interior Apperance
4.17%
Miscellaneous
12.50%
None, I'll keep mine stock
29.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

First modification to your 2008 Challenger

Old 03-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First modification to your 2008 Challenger

ORIGINAL: awsure

You need to add "none" as a choice. I would not put anything on it if the car looks like the concept. I like stock cars...clean and original. Nothing looks worse in my view than loading a great car up with to much stupid looking bling.
LOL! True. I also prefer the stock look, but are you saying you wouldn't want to add something simple like a drop in performance air filter for the mild upgrade in power & performance which doesn't permanently change as car like some of these other mods do?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-01-2007, 11:09 PM

Step 1: Replace the ugly block-letter Challenger logos with complete 1970-style badging.
Step 2: Replace any oversize, pimpmobile-looking rims with (at max) 16-inch Rallye-style wheels.
Step 3: White-letter Goodyear tires. If none available, invest in a supply of white tire chalk.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:11 PM

Thanks for the correction, keeping it stock was not on my mind when I made the poll, I should have put it on originally. It should now have the none-i like mine stock as an option.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

I would put some brushed aluminum on my engine, but I wouldn't classify that as a performance part, nor exterior, nor interior.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:40 PM

I might modify the exhaust depending on what it sounds like from the factory. I like the way the concept sounds with those FlowMasters.

It will get a Supercharger, no doubt!! I'd like to get it installed before I take delivery if I can.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:42 PM

You need to add "none" as a choice. I would not put anything on it if the car looks like the concept. I like stock cars...clean and original. Nothing looks worse in my view than loading a great car up with to much stupid looking bling.
I am not a big bling person either ( I live in Louisiana, the birthplace of jazz...and [sm=bling.gif] we have it worse down here), but I think a few modifications can make a car unique. A new shifter, maybe a little pinstriping, or even adding your favorite dice or boble doll makes your car different. But unless I have to get the chally like I want it (5.7 hemi, 5 speed, the color I finally pick) I will probably make some aesthetic modifications, making sure to stay close to original spirit of the car while still making it my own.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:13 AM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

LOL! True. I also prefer the stock look, but are you saying you wouldn't want to add something simple like a drop in performance air filter for the mild upgrade in power & performance which doesn't permanently change as car like some of these other mods do?
You bet...Take a look at valuations of collectible cars. The most sought after are those left as is. I am certain in 30 years this car will be a classic. Now, throw a bunch of after market stuff in and you detract from that (I think).

It is a free country & you all enjoy modding 'em if you like. Just not my thing. I am a purist.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:58 AM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Step 1: Replace the ugly block-letter Challenger logos with complete 1970-style badging.
Step 2: Replace any oversize, pimpmobile-looking rims with (at max) 16-inch Rallye-style wheels.
Step 3: White-letter Goodyear tires. If none available, invest in a supply of white tire chalk.
This is the way I feel also and if they come out with a kit to replace sections of the interior with the wood look and shifters that look more like the originals then I would be very happy.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

You bet...Take a look at valuations of collectible cars. The most sought after are those left as is. I am certain in 30 years this car will be a classic. Now, throw a bunch of after market stuff in and you detract from that (I think).

It is a free country & you all enjoy modding 'em if you like. Just not my thing. I am a purist.
I understand that perfectly, I just don't see how switching from a paper air filter to a cotton-gause in the stock air filter box would hurt that value since it could always replace the original filter latter in the box.

Like I said I don't intend to do anything else different except now that I have heard others suggest this, I would probably switch to those classic looking Challenger rims that aren't as big. If I want to sell it some day, I will keep the 20 inch rims with the original tires to sell it with. Good luck to you on your investment.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-02-2007, 05:36 PM

I would rather keep it bone stock.

If I'm paying big bucks for this updated classic, I want it to be stock. I believe what Mike Castiglione has designed needs no further embellishment...........except for the possiblity of Goodyear white letter tires.

However, I wouldn't consider the addition of white letter tires to be a modification.....just a completion of 70's era muscle car.

Just a wee bit of nostalgia to bring us all back 30 years.[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Quick Reply: First modification to your 2008 Challenger