Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Forget the Camaro (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/forget-camaro-4968/)

Rudy61SRT8 10-10-2008 04:05 AM

Forget the Camaro

For 40k , you might possibly be able to purchase half of the shares in GM !!! Lol

Lowest point since 1950. Ouch

mopar2ya 10-10-2008 04:30 AM

RE: Forget the Camaro

GM down 31% downgrade of GM debt to junk status

Toyota down 4.7%

Honda down 8.9%

Rudy61SRT8 10-10-2008 04:32 AM

Also , on CNBC they said yesterday GM is ranked #20 in the auto industry.

OUCH! !!!

kevin2323 10-10-2008 06:36 AM

chrysler would still fall before gm ever did..................OUCH!

mopar2ya 10-10-2008 07:06 AM

I wouldn"t be so sure kevin. Chrysler has a lot less hanging out there with regard to financial obligations, etc..

Riptide 10-10-2008 10:00 AM

Yeah this really sucks. I had no interest in getting a camaro but would still be pretty bummed if they decided to axe it. Lotsa people it seemed were interested in getting one.

RUBBERBNDMAN 10-10-2008 10:03 AM

I want to SMOKE one.....

kevin2323 10-10-2008 10:47 AM

mopar chrysler is privately owned and if things got worste...i dont have a doubt in my mind that cerberus would sell chrysler....they usually dont hold on to a company that doesnt profit them for that long. Also gm and ford have a european market...chrysler doesnt. None of them are going to go down, but if one ever did...chrysler would be first IMO

RoswellGrey 10-10-2008 10:56 AM

Keep in mind, Kevin, that with the credit crisis being what it is, Cerberus might be stuck with Chrysler, at least for the time being. Who could possibly buy the company right now? It would take an organization as big as say, GM (the credit arm of which, by the way, Cerberus owns a large chunk of), to be able to do it. We KNOW that's not going to happen anytime soon. In the long run, this may actually HELP Chrysler. ;)

kevin2323 10-10-2008 10:58 AM

TRUE rosswell also take into account the fact that chrysler cut their leasing program basically making you buy the car....meaning people have no other choice and probably wont be able to get the loan....:(

Rudy61SRT8 10-10-2008 11:54 AM

Kevin what are you talking about ...

You better do your research on the 300 wagen aka MAGNUM 300 in Europe.

GM is in worse shape then anyone. Not that anyone is in good shape !

kevin2323 10-10-2008 11:58 AM

I am talking about fuel efficient cars....do some research as well and you will see that chrysler is the worst of the bunch.

RUBBERBNDMAN 10-10-2008 02:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Rudy61SRT8

Ah-ha....you fell into the trap....He was born to argue. Goodluck!! LMAO

Mopar_Nut 10-10-2008 02:42 PM

I'm not too worried about Chrysler...yet. Someone on here posted an interesting article about how Chrysler had been secretly testing electric drivetrains in production vehicles. Chrysler, to the worlds surprise, is in the race to get an electric vehicle to market by 2010. That does not hurt them.

Also, one can still lease a Chrysler, only the lease won't be underwritten by Chrysler. Dealerships can still make leases obtained through independent finance companies.

And lastly but certainly not least, the 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. Granted, the full size truck market is shrinking, but with a truck like what Dodge has to offer, they will be on top of the segment, even if it is a dwindling market segment. I have read nothing but rave reviews about the 09 Ram, and am honestly torn between a Ram and a Challenger. To those who think that is crazy, read the review on allpar, or better yet, go see one in person. It is one thoughtfully crafted, fully capable handsome truck.

2007HemiCuda 10-10-2008 03:21 PM

Please delete this post.

kevin2323 10-10-2008 04:49 PM

ORIGINAL: RUBBERBNDMAN

ORIGINAL: Rudy61SRT8

Ah-ha....you fell into the trap....He was born to argue. Goodluck!! LMAO
Ill take that as a compliment...cuz if I dont our relationship would be falling apart rubber....you understand?
?

Colorancher 10-10-2008 08:36 PM

One of the key things to keep in mind is that the drop in stock prices does not affect the real performance of a company. It really does nothing to the bottom line except perhaps in secondary issues like bond prices. Yes, GM may have to pay more interest for future bond issues, but the stock price does not affect their ability to produce or profit (much). They have to move cars. While the market certainly helps emotionally (and not realisticaly) support better "quality" cars (read: Toyota), GM will sell lots of cars. Their bang for the buck signifiaantly outweighs Toyota. I think they are a bargain at this stock price and others will also. I predict someone will make a hostile takeover bid, probably a foreign company. The price is just too low and a great bargain. My suggestion buy in heavy just after the election. It doesn't even matter who wins. They could easily screw up the Camaro, however. It is really just a Pontiac G8 with a semi-new body. They blew it with the GTO so who knows.
As far as Chrysler, guess what, they don't care except how many they are selling. The price of Challengers is very competitive with other cars in the same performance range yet look a lot better. They will do all right. They got a good deal in the first place from those German suckers so they can hang on for quite a while, even in the face of lower sales. They will not sell these valuable facilities and plants a the lowest values in stock history, they will hang on for a while.They haven't lost any stock value, they are privately owned. Just look at their marketing plan. They have never advertised the Challenger yet they are selling rapidly.

Mopar_Nut 10-10-2008 10:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Mopar_Nut

I'm not too worried about Chrysler...yet.
Ok, now I am worried. I just read how Cerberus(Chrysler) has been in talks over the past month with GM, discussing a possible merger.
And if that falls thru, Cerberus will begin talks with Nissan. Say it aint so!

Is Cerberus looking to pawn Chrysler off so soon?

nonsensez9 10-10-2008 11:42 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27125864/

Rudy61SRT8 10-11-2008 04:44 AM

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/21/c...-europe-natch/

Kevin , calm down man .....

Rudy61SRT8 10-11-2008 04:48 AM

I know RBR is a Magnum fan as am I so here you go Kev.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/07/06/j...-srt8-touring/

^ I WISH THIS WAS IN North America !!! Badass ride

TaylorSF 10-11-2008 04:51 AM

/////////////

/////////////

kevin2323 10-11-2008 08:14 AM

camaro orders just began being taken last week.

Rudy61SRT8 10-11-2008 08:18 AM

^no they haven't there supposed to start monday.

kevin2323 10-11-2008 08:48 AM

I am frequent on the camaro form and people have posted order sheets already. Now if your talking about being placed into the system, that is monday the 13th.

Rudy61SRT8 10-11-2008 08:55 AM

The order sheets have been released that means nothing.

Have you been watching the news the last week ? They are now talking merger , and on the biggest Camaro forum , it is officially stated that an important announcement will come monday.

No one until monday can put a pre-order in. The only thing that was released was the dealer form which can be purchased for any car on eBay.

Rudy61SRT8 10-11-2008 08:58 AM

Kevin get off theese forums man you are a turncoat !!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7979

YOU'VE BEEN EXPOSED !!!!

kevin2323 10-11-2008 09:02 AM

HOLY &*!@#$&*^ I AM OUTTA HERE! lol....which forum are you on camaroz28.com?

kevin2323 10-11-2008 09:04 AM

back on topic...that is what I said you can mae your order to be put into the system.............MONDAY THE 13TH lol. No need to argue since neither of us is ordering one.

Rudy61SRT8 10-11-2008 09:08 AM

how do you know that sir [sm=smiley32.gif]

kevin2323 10-11-2008 09:11 AM

i forgot to put a question mark at the end..........forgive me....

tdub2112 10-11-2008 09:37 AM

Forgot a quetsion mark![:@]

YOUR BANISHED KEVIN!:D

so you don't know anything about chrysler but you own a Challenger?
Or are we finacialy speaking.

kevin2323 10-11-2008 09:41 AM

lol tdub,

it was sarcasm.....if you notice the main thread specifically asks for 2 guys opinions....the 2 guys who are future owners of chrysler vehicles. Hence my sarcasm. Relax I havent gone to the dark side.

SF18C 10-11-2008 10:57 AM

ORIGINAL: kevin2323

Also gm and ford have a european market...chrysler doesnt. None of them are going to go down, but if one ever did...chrysler would be first IMO
Really...http://www.dodge.it/index3.html I went to a dealership yesterday, sure seemed like it was there. Dodge and Chrysler have big markets over here and with the weaker Dollar for the last year or so, I have been seeing more and more Dodges on the streets. My good Italian friend had a Nitro and a PT Cruiser. Calibers all over the place, plenty of Jeeps and Chrysler 300C’s too.

kevin2323 10-11-2008 11:17 AM

gm and ford have a bigger market......

Rudy61SRT8 10-11-2008 11:38 AM

kevin just stop man.

kevin2323 10-11-2008 11:51 AM

it is the truth...or if you want "it is my opinion"....and no one can stop you from having an opinion..

so you stop...

btw gm sold 2 million vehicls from january 2007-november 2007.....just a number to put out there.

I love chrysler but I am not blinded by the words mopar...facts are facts.

Colorancher 10-11-2008 09:37 PM

Kevin is absolutely right. Chevy has a larger market. That does not mean they have a better product. It just means they have more folks rready to buy regardless of looks and quality. That is okay. Dodge has always been at a disadvantage there. I personally am proud that Chevy can produce the Camaro again (even though it is Australian design). I hear they will also be made in Australia for the first few years. But if you compare the total line to Chrysler I think the performance and looks favor the Dodge. What we need is to blow away the fantasy that Toyotas are better quality. Everyone knows they are the ugliest cars on the road, but they got this aura that the quality is better, with crap like the Prius. I have driven the Prius and that is a sad, useless vehicle on the road. The Chevy hybrids have much better utility so hey, maybe it is better that Chevy buys Chrysler.

kevin2323 10-11-2008 11:46 PM

hey rudy here are some more numbers....

# of cars sold in europe from january 2007-jan 2008

GM= 2,100,000 http://www.gm.com/europe/corporate/sales/european/
FORD=1,400,000 http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...10/074804.html
CHRYSLER= 70,000 http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...07/095703.html

I think it is time to stop now rudy :)

kevin2323 10-11-2008 11:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Colorancher

Kevin is absolutely right. Chevy has a larger market. That does not mean they have a better product. It just means they have more folks rready to buy regardless of looks and quality. That is okay. Dodge has always been at a disadvantage there. I personally am proud that Chevy can produce the Camaro again (even though it is Australian design). I hear they will also be made in Australia for the first few years. But if you compare the total line to Chrysler I think the performance and looks favor the Dodge. What we need is to blow away the fantasy that Toyotas are better quality. Everyone knows they are the ugliest cars on the road, but they got this aura that the quality is better, with crap like the Prius. I have driven the Prius and that is a sad, useless vehicle on the road. The Chevy hybrids have much better utility so hey, maybe it is better that Chevy buys Chrysler.
yea exactly

also the challenger is built in canada and our motors are built in mexico....this whole made in america thing is gone....except for the fact that both cars came out of detroit.