Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Frustrated! Allpar is Reporting Convertible in Base and R/T Model Only!!

Old 01-15-2008, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Frustrated! Allpar is Reporting Convertible in Base and R/T Model Only!!

I guess he likes convertibles and independent rear suspensions sytems. He likes the tops and the bottoms.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:35 PM

Default RE: Frustrated! Allpar is Reporting Convertible in Base and R/T Model Only!!

Guess I got taxes on the brain... I was thinking "THE" IRS... nervermind...
Old 01-15-2008, 06:03 PM

OK that was funny.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:02 PM

You know, the more I look at Jeremiah's avitar, the more I think we should all write Dodge and demand a return of the vinyl top. Forget ragtops -- solid vinyl all the way!
Old 01-16-2008, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

Basically rehash of Allpar

http://blogs.moparmusclemagazine.com...ble/index.html
New Challenger Convertible

Thanks to a couple of reliable sources (Allpar.com and Al Fresco, who never puts his convertible top up), there’ll be a Dodge Challenger Convertible coming to your local Dodge store. Allpar reports that the new drop-top Dodge (the first Challenger convertible since the ’71 E-Body) will enter production early in 2009 as a 2010 model, offered in base and R/T versions only at that time. That means it’ll probably start showing up at your Dodge dealer around the time the snow’s off the drag strips.

Other info that Allpar has gleaned from its sources:

-Production of 2009 Challenger coupe models gets underway this coming June, with the first ones reaching the dealers starting in late June/early July.

-The base Challenger will have a 3.5-liter V6 (set for replacement by an all-new 4.0L V6 for 2010), and the Challenger R/T’s engine bay will be the home of an all-new 5.7L Hemi with variable camshaft timing (VCT). Five-speed R/T’s will also get the fuel-saving multiple displacement system (MDS), while R/T’s with the six-speed option won’t have it.

-The optional six-speed in the Challenger R/T and SRT8 will be a Tremec gearbox, by the way.

-Also, for ’09, Dodge might do some special-edition Challenger models, like what they’ve done with other vehicles in the recent past (i.e. the “Rumble Bee” Ram pickup and “Daytona” Charger sedan).

-Speaking of the newest Hemi, a 6.4L version of that, producing as much as 500 horsepower, may be on its way into the SRT8 for 2010. That big-power number will come from a powerplant that’ll likely have VCT, MDS, and any other new-tech feature that improves efficiency all around (i.e. more power and fewer emissions from less fuel).

Old 01-16-2008, 08:25 AM

They'll be some advantages to going w/ the r/t vert. Price, no guzzler tax and if there was a vert srt8 good luck trying to get one. The r/t should have a more powerful engine by then also.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:22 PM

Yes, except I am the first to have have a deposit on one at MSRP at my local dealer. Come on SRT8 Convertible!!