Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Funny call from dealer!

Old 07-23-2008, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny call from dealer!

One of the local Dodge dealers had an orange SRT on their floor that had not been sold. Salesman told me a few weeks back that they were taking bids but they had already turned down an offer of $55k.

Well, he called me and they lowered their price to $10k over sticker and asked if I was interested. I laughed and said no, I will wait.

They should have taken that $55k offer a few weeks back!!

Serves them good as they try to get every cent and they got screwed!! LOL!!
Old 07-23-2008, 09:00 AM

Default RE: Funny call from dealer!

yup see what happend when you get greedy
Old 07-23-2008, 09:17 AM

Happens about six times a day on ebay. Someone will bid 47-48k on a Challenger and the auction will end "reserve not met". What a bunch of fools not to take 47-48k.....Lol
Old 07-23-2008, 09:21 AM

About 3 weeks ago a local Dodge dealership sold an Orange 08" for $69,700. People are crazy I guess lol.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:21 AM

I'm glad its comming around to bite them on the a&$ as I to called several dealers in search of a 2008 SRT 8 Challenger and many refused my offers of $1,000 over MSRP because they said consumer demand is keeping the price high and them asking $10,000 to $20,000 over. Now one dealer in particular Miller Dodge of Springfield, PA. is constantly calling me offering me a 2008 SRT 8 in Black for 1st $1,000 over MSRP, 2nd at MSRP, and now 3rd come in and talk I'm sure I can discount it a little! Now you check thier website and they have 3 Challengers on thier lot for sale. I hope they get stuck with at least one and have to pay floor plan interest on it for 6 months!!!
I'm sorry but I'm bitter because I tried 38 dealers in the tri state area and was willing to pay cash for one at $1,000 over MSRP and thier GREED kept them from selling to me and now their calling me...NO WAY Ha Ha on them as now I've finally ordered a 2009 R/T and will be much more happy with that !! Fat Cat
Old 07-23-2008, 09:46 AM

Dealers crack me up too much. They dont care about the cars, and they dont care about the customers. All they care about is trying to make a buck. If they had any brains at all they would see if they cared and learned about the cars, that would help the customers. In the end they would get great service then. I guess cheating a few idiots out of a little money is good enough for them though.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:48 AM

HaHa! I agree completely. Price gouging is wrong and unethical in my opinion. But, such is commonplace in the auto industry. Just because you have the ability to rip people off because of high demand and low supply does not justify it. I hope that every dealer that is charging over MSRP gets stuck with the cars.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:41 AM

There is a dealer my area that wanted $66K for his three cars so I went out of state to get mine. Well I got mine and came back he still has two of the three on his lot. He called me last week to say he had lowered the price to $53K and if I knew anyone interested.

ORIGINAL: hemicuda

HaHa! I agree completely. Price gouging is wrong and unethical in my opinion. But, such is commonplace in the auto industry. Just because you have the ability to rip people off because of high demand and low supply does not justify it. I hope that every dealer that is charging over MSRP gets stuck with the cars.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:04 AM

ORIGINAL: jockomikey

Happens about six times a day on ebay. Someone will bid 47-48k on a Challenger and the auction will end "reserve not met". What a bunch of fools not to take 47-48k.....Lol

Got mine today for 45,100 no reserve I had one lined up for 5k over MSRP, had a deposit on it. So, When we told them that we werent going to be buying the one they have, for 5k over, they said thats fine, we can sell it for 15,000 over msrp. Now they are trying to refuse to give back the deposit, even tho I signed NOTHING. lol dealers...
Old 07-23-2008, 11:08 AM

If they can sell it for 15K over sticker, why would they care about your deposit? Just another example of a shady dealer.

ORIGINAL: SRT/ATE/U

ORIGINAL: jockomikey

Got mine today for 45,100 no reserve I had one lined up for 5k over MSRP, had a deposit on it. So, When we told them that we werent going to be buying the one they have, for 5k over, they said thats fine, we can sell it for 15,000 over msrp. Now they are trying to refuse to give back the deposit, even tho I signed NOTHING. lol dealers...

Quick Reply: Funny call from dealer!