Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Future Challenger Owner?....What is your age? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/future-challenger-owner-what-your-age-955/)

Blu Angel 01-06-2007 05:16 PM

Future Challenger Owner?....What is your age?

Ever since I saw the Challenger at the 2006 NAIAS, I've been love-struck. I grew up admiring the 70's era muscle cars and hoped to one day have my own.

I was really impressed by the massive crowds surrounding the Dodge Challenger Concept and noticed all ages of car fanatics really fascinated by the muscle car looks. Personally, I believe it eclipsed the Chevrolet Camaro Concept.

The number one nagging question I have is who is VERY INTERESTED in buying the 2008 Dodge Challenger?

I turn 50 years this year, and thus fall into the 50-59 years category. Let's find out who the real buyers will be.:eek::eek:

RoswellGrey 01-06-2007 05:25 PM

RE: Future Challenger Owner?....What is your age?

I'm 51. Hence, my vote kept the 50-59 age category at 100 percent. :D

MGDMike 01-06-2007 06:24 PM

I'm surrounded by A.A.R.P members!! J/K! I'm 27 and very, very interested!

joeyr 01-06-2007 08:33 PM

19 years old; I'll be 21 by the time it comes in 2008.

Rob 01-06-2007 10:35 PM

26, turning 27 ...27 by the time I buy it! That's if the 2008 model comes out in the fall!

SSG_Edwards 01-07-2007 07:47 AM

I'm 22 and prolly be 23 by the time it come out.

Rob 01-07-2007 04:17 PM

Hey peeps! Don't forget to enter the poll.

lear4406 01-07-2007 05:37 PM

47 and holding. 48 by the time they arrive, SRT-8 6.1 w/6-speed. White please, with no markings and black interior.

stevelegel 01-07-2007 07:36 PM

Motown Mopar guy since the 1970's, I'm 51, on the poll. Have wherewithall to aquire new Challenger.
Steve

awsure 01-07-2007 08:03 PM

38 and heading into my mid-life crisis...perfect timing.
[8D]

RLSH700 01-08-2007 09:27 AM

I'm currently 21. I hope to get one by the time I'm 25 (that way I get the cheaper insurance and the initial price increases are gone).

leo segovia 01-08-2007 10:11 AM

I'm 26... and I will buy it by the time I'm 28!

Keninpa 01-08-2007 05:41 PM

I'm 58 and ready to buy the 2008 Challenger NOW! I bought a Challenger new in 1970 and drove it as my every-day car for 14 years before selling it. I'm planning on driving the '08 longer than that. It looks like I'll be around 60 when I buy it. I couldn't afford a HEMI in '70, now I can. Hopefully I can do the Hot Rod Power Tour next year with the new car.

Keninpa

shadowwoodrn 01-08-2007 05:46 PM

I'm 44 and my first car was the '71, and the one I bought when i was 16 was 7 years old and i paid $1800.00 cash for it then, of coarse they were $5000.00 new in '71. I soooo very much miss that car. Lime-green with black striping.;)

stevelegel 01-08-2007 08:36 PM

What a great variety in ages. I thought it'd be all about us Mopar Muscle Memories guys. Any girls out there too? I was at Mopar nationals one year, walking down a swap meet aisle. In front of me was a woman carrying a fender under each arm. I caught up with her and complimented her on attending the event and how I could not get my wife (at the time) to even go for a ride in the classic car, let alone attend an event and heaven forbid, carry something as awkward as a front fender. She said they were for her car. Mopar folks, ya gotta luv em.

Rob 01-08-2007 09:02 PM

Steve! No way! I've been interested in muscle cars my whole 26 year life. Just have to commit to actually laying out all that cash!

I still have all my dad's old Car & Driver and Road & Tracks from 60's!

Rob

stevelegel 01-08-2007 09:35 PM

glad to have you on, Rob

GENX_HEMI9 01-09-2007 06:04 AM

Im 21 and will look to buy one in 2010!

Blu Angel 01-09-2007 06:11 PM

Looks like the Chrysler Challenger will be winner!

I am stupefied by the wide appeal of this redone, refreshed, and desireable Challenger Concept.

We've got a whole bunch of 20+ something car enthusiasts willing to join the Mopar Muscle fraternity.[sm=gears.gif]

We've got 3 original Mopar Muscle car owners joining the band wagon for the second time round.[sm=icon_rock.gif]

The median age is about 39-40 years young but obviously this mean machine is causing heart palpitations.[sm=drlove.gif]

In conclusion, I figure that since the Challenger is attracting a wide array of enthusiasts, then its nose appeal will definitely grow. This Challenger corps will definitely talk it up all over the U.S. and Canada at various car clubs, car cruises, and all car get-togethers.

Keep on posting guys. Let's get a real good picture of the Challenger market.

erz5005 01-10-2007 02:33 PM

18 and i don't plan on getting one until i graduate college (if i am lucky) (go penn state)

so 22 but i put 0-19 in the poll

6.1 liter w/ 6speed and black
nice

sirmagnum 01-13-2007 02:13 PM

I just turned 50, and it is going to be a Challenger for me. I owned a few "muscle" cars in my day - including a '68 vette, 70 camaro, and a '73 challenger. By a wide margin, the challenger was the most fun! But, I had to give it all up when the children and family responsibilities required it. Then in 2005, kids out of the house, I bought a Magnum R/T, and the fond memories of Mopar came back. The sticker on the Viper is too much for me, and there is no allure of the vette for me (not even the Z05). So it's going to be another challenger for me, hopefully in 2008, but if not, then 2009!

rasonjason92 01-14-2007 11:11 AM

32 now I'll be 33 when it comes out and 34 or 35 when I buy mine. (going to wait for the inflated prices to drop).

Thor77 01-15-2007 03:18 PM

26, but probably 27 by the time I get one. All black with tinted windows to look as mean as possible, or Lime with black stripes. MT w/6.1. Might get a 5.7 if the 6.1 is not in the budget and if the 5.7 feels fast enough. Hard to say with prices still up in the air.

Musclecar_maniac 01-15-2007 03:37 PM

DANG I fell like a baby.... I'm only 16 O_o

I'll take mine with a 5.7l and an auto tranny please :)

MotorCop 01-15-2007 08:12 PM

I'm 43, I bought a 71 with a 318 slap stick, orange with a brown landau roof, ( thing I spelled that right) for $200 dollars back in 1980. One day a work some guy offered me $1,000 cash for her and I walked home. Oh how I wish I stilled had her. Now I have a 9 month old son and he is my life without reservation. When the day comes to place orders, I will be first in line. Hemi orange fully loaded with the 6.1 425, hopefully 6 speed, why would you put in anything less. The car will be his upon going to collage, but of course I will be driving it on sunny sundays. I plan on keeping it garaged and covered until the day he leaves the nest (if I can :)). And by that time when I visit him, I'll have front row parking where ever I go (handicapped :()

awsure 01-15-2007 09:40 PM

Oh man to be in high school driving a Challenger...I think Ted Nugent's "Wang Dang Sweet Poontang" would be blaring on my stereo and I'd have a couple hotties in my ride.

Can you say "AWSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE.............."?

MotorCop 01-16-2007 11:59 AM

It was Led Zeplin and the Greartful Dead, with a little Marsahall Tucker on the 8 track, LOL, How I miss those days. No I'm going into MIdlife crisis as the wife would say, Then again she is 33, what does she know. I was in the service when she was 9, MIDLIFE CRISIS MY A#$, someone pass me Schmidts:D

RoswellGrey 01-17-2007 05:24 AM

MotorCop, I've found the best way to avoid a midlife crisis is by being a professional juvenile. Admittedly, this does take something away from any career you may follow -- like potential advancement up the corporate ladder -- but it IS a lot of fun! You get to do things like hang around web forums speculating about things that only time will tell. Oh...and for the eight-track soundtrack to life, make it Ike and Tina Turner's "What You Hear is What You Get," "Diana Ross and the Supremes' Greatest Hits," and anything by Mountain and Black Oak Arkansas. And throw in Mason Proffitt's "Two Hangmen" just for laughs. ;)

MotorCop 01-17-2007 06:01 PM

Good Call, Dont forget the Manhattans, {You are my shining star}. [8D]

nitrofanatic 01-19-2007 03:48 AM

Hello to all!!!

I’m new to the board and thought I’d enter your age poll…. My vote is in!!!

I’m currently 33 so I’ll be 34 or 35 when I get my Challenger. I live near a guy who has MANY 70-71 Hemi Challengers and Cudas. (he currently has a hanful of Hemi Cudas and a Gun Metal gray 71 Hemi Challenger with 27xxx original miles and a bunch of 440 cars. I could go on and on with the list of his cars) Every summer he has a party at his place during the “Mopars in the park” car show in Minnesota. He opens his shop for everyone to walk through and check out all of his “Stuff”. I’ve always loved the 70-71 Cudas and Challengers and walking through his shop this past summer made me decide I GOTTA HAVE THIS NEW CHALLENGER!!! I cant afford a 70-71 Hemi car…… This is the next best thing.

Mine will be black, 6 speed, 6.1 Hemi with a rag top (if available)

C`mon 2008.…. ROCK AND ROLL!!!

Here is that guy's web site with all the Hemi cars.... http://www.moparponderosa.com/

jdb840 01-19-2007 12:38 PM

26 will be 27 by summer. I loved the challenger ever since I was a kid and started liking cars. I was the only kid in high school to have a musclecar when I was 16. I owned a 68 charger rt 440. After I sold that then started looking for a challenger and after a couple years I bought one.

Now hopefully depending on the price of the new one, I will be a proud owner of 2 challengers.

TechmanBD 01-19-2007 01:16 PM

I am 34, and would love to have one, but probably won't get it now. AT least not now. Maybe when I pay off the mustang and can have 2 vehicles. I have been putting work into the mustang myself, and to give up a vehicle after doing work on it, would be hard to do.

RLSH700 01-19-2007 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

I am 34, and would love to have one, but probably won't get it now. AT least not now. Maybe when I pay off the mustang and can have 2 vehicles. I have been putting work into the mustang myself, and to give up a vehicle after doing work on it, would be hard to do.
I can understand that. Since you spend all that money, time, and effort, which you can never get back out of it, you hate to just sell it just to do it again. You become attached to the car when you do that.

Jeremiah 29:11 01-19-2007 07:36 PM

Interesting to note that the majority of the ages are either in their 40's or 20's.

TeeWJay426 01-19-2007 09:05 PM

I'm 48, and definitely fallin to the 'old school' musclecar fanatic group.... I was around for the first go round of the Challenger, but was too young to buy one new. I didn't get my liscense until '74, the last year of production of the originals. Always gravitated to the B bodies when I did get old enough to actually aquire my own muscle machines; have been waiting for awhile to see something come out of Chrysler/DCX that I would actually get excited about and consider owning.

redmen 01-27-2007 11:00 PM

I'll be 32 when the 08 comes out...I had a cousin who had one back when i was in 1st grade. I never forgot about it. I have had uncles who have had vettes/Trans Ams etc but a challenger still makes me stop and stare. I think because I don't see that any of them...

Lookin4a70 01-31-2007 01:54 AM

Perfect timing for me. Let's see, put $15k down and pay 300-500 per month or send my kids to college? They're smart little shits, hope they get a scholarship. 37 here and cannot wait until it comes out. Hopefully i'll be driving an '08 and restoring a '70.

By the way, anyone know of a '70 for sale that needs restoring?

Tom

pixelmeow 02-01-2007 12:56 PM

40 years old, I'm a woman who almost had a '68 Charger for my 16th birthday. Dad's worked at a Chrysler dealership since before I was born, I grew up around Mopar, and my brother and I got to play with carburators as kids (take them apart fastest, get them back together fastest, with least parts left over ;)), loved the Dukes of Hazzard just for the car, and I've been so sad that for my entire life I've never had a muscle car. A *real* one.

I've got a Honda Accord coupe now, and it's not too shabby, but nowhere near what I want, and I may just have it paid down enough by then that I won't end up with a huge payment. Mom's an accountant and can help with that, and her brother's at a dealership down around Franklin somewhere (VA), so I may just be able to get one of the first ones without getting taken. Mom got one of the first 300Ms that came out, so I know it could happen...

I am a muscle car enthusiast, always have been. I can't *wait*. :D

bruceleeffxi 03-05-2007 02:36 AM

im 19 and will be 20 by the time it comes out. family has owned a dodge dealership for over 40 years now so hopefully ill get hookups when the time comes. also hoping a convertible version comes out, by the time it HOPEFULLY does come out i should have enough money. got like 1-2 years to save up.

so for me itd be the 6.1(6.4?) 6spd manual srt8 covertible, all black, similiar to the srt8 charger, same wheels to. factory wheels are always awesome.

awsure 03-05-2007 11:33 AM

Shouldn't have let that cat out of the bag. You realize everyone on this forum is gonna try to work you (me included) for a deal.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]