Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Going to dealer ... all 08 owners read this *Getting Lawyer*

Old 01-28-2009, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to dealer ... all 08 owners read this *Getting Lawyer*

Just was driving home from school , very low gas but still had gas in the car (2008 SRT).

I get on the highway ... going about 30 around the bend and as soon as the road turns straight the car just got stuck at 3,000 RPM's , kept slowing down and slowing down , and then 20 seconds later the needle flys to 6000 rpms and i'm ok...

I couldn't even turn the car to get in the median , it's like the motor just went out on me and got stuck ... if this was rush hour I would have had a serious issue.

under 7500 miles on it , and this is the 2nd engine issue i've had.. I dont' drive agressive or anything like that ... so I dont know what to do my dad is pissed saying he'll get it lemon lawed in 2 seconds.

I don't want a 2009 challenger I want my limited edition 2008

ugh...

PS: I was very low on gas , the gas light had just come on but that is not unusual ... the needle was well above the red box that signifys empty.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:01 PM

Default RE: Going to dealer ... all 08 owners read this *Getting Lawyer*

You can't exactly get it Lemon lawed in 2 seconds...you need to have the car in the shop at least three times for the same major problem...I can see your dad's concern though for safety reasons.....sounds like either the PCM may have a problem and need to be reflashed or perhaps there is a problem with the "drive by wire" electronic throttle linkage. Take it to service, insist they check it over with a fine tooth comb. You could also call Chrysler on this one to ensure they look the car over good....if you were to wreck and get injured because of this then they'd potentially have a pretty big lawsuit on their hands.

just my 2 cents
Old 01-28-2009, 06:57 PM

I never let my car get below a 1/4 of tank. I have 3100 miles and have had no issues and I play also.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:17 PM

i use to let my tank in my truck with the hemi go down to the lightl....also my car just stopped once in the middle of pouring rain and traffic...i pushed it into the shopping center....and it turned rght back on....seems like the battery was an issue....just take it to the dealer or a shop and find out what is wrong....
Old 01-28-2009, 07:27 PM

wow Rudy that really sucks...i am going to check into your problem your having...i cant believe your having a this kind of problem with your car..i really thought chrysler did a great job with our cars...i would try to keep your car and and just push on chrysler to buy you a service contract or a car payment or 2 ..i see them do it all the time..the only reason i would
recommend you keep your car is,it is numbered....good luck Joani
Old 01-28-2009, 08:18 PM

Some simple things like water in your fuel tank can cause these problems. I would not over react just yet. Find out what caused it & take proper action.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:24 AM

SO FAR SO GOOD............

It's been a while since I last posted........I have had ZERO problems with my 2009 R/T.............going on 5 months, just over 2,000 miles.............

As someone mentioned, you might have bad gas.

Good luck Rudy.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:38 AM

I'm goinna take her in now guys and post what happens , 73 what's up man.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:47 AM

Lots of business traveling, not much play time lately.

I thought I saw you driving your Orange SRT8 the other day by Coral Reef Drive and US 1........

Good luck with your repair. My dealer Dade Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge is out of business........six months ago they opened a 20 million dollar facility......bad timing, they are gone.

I had a flat tire last week...........huge pain in the butt without a spare, I had to leave the car up on a jack stand until I got the tire repaired. You absolutely cannot use the fix-a-flat goop they give you in the trunk, I am told that it will ruin the tire pressure monitoring system.

So I broke down and bought a spare .......brand new on eBay for $75 delivered...........from a company "CLEVELAND PICK-A-APART"......they tear down wrecked cars and the spare came out of a 2008 Charger - perfect fit. Remove the black styrofoam insert from the trunk and a spare will fit in there perfectly.

Happy motoring Rudy...............

Old 01-29-2009, 12:32 PM

73 is that the one by the big lexus dealer? yea i heard they were closing....I was looking at a hemi orange RT there.

Quick Reply: Going to dealer ... all 08 owners read this *Getting Lawyer*