Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Good News My Fellow Challenger Fans!!!!

Old 03-08-2007, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good News My Fellow Challenger Fans!!!!

Thanks alot guys and I respect oyur attitude towards the advice I've given and if anyone hears someithgn similiar please report it to the forum thank you!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 08:28 AM

I hope this info is correct, I'm in dier need of a new vehicle. I'm planning on holding out till summer (hopefully my car will hold up that long), either way a magnum or challenger will be mine!!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:45 AM

Ok, first of all there have been no noticable changes on the assembly lines at the Plant ( Brampton ) We are scheduled for our 3 week shut down in early August ( thats when the major line nodifications will most likely happen ) As far as any new info on the Challenger , sadly I have none. We are all hoping things are moving along at a fast pace, we want to build them as soon as possible !!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 10:26 AM

Maybe this will be a short run of "fast feedback" cars to detect any major production faults, and to create showroom publicity for the still scheduled release date in 2008?

Patrick
Old 03-08-2007, 01:06 PM

Whatever happens, happens! I'm not in any situatino to look for trouble and to argue about the cars release I'm just sharing what I was told, and I don't think Dodge reps would tell dealerships this if that wasn't the plan why would they make it up? But that is neither who nor there, whenever the car comes out is when it comes out just don't be suprised if its out this Fall!
Old 03-08-2007, 01:58 PM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ... let it be true!!! I know there'a a place for the newbies to introduce themselves, but when I saw this message, I couldn't help it. I've been looking forward to one of these cars every since I saw the concept car. A friend of mine had a PlumCrazy back in high school & we tore up the town in that car. Plus, my dad had nothing but Plymouth/Dodge when I was a kid (60s and uh ... let's just say a while back).
Old 03-08-2007, 05:31 PM

Having some time to kill this afternoon, I stopped in at Gunn Dodge, which a cheery salesman assured me is the "only 5-star Dodge dealer in San Antonio." I asked him if he had any information about the Challenger, and he said that all they know about it was that it's supposed to be out "probably" in March 2008 and will be listed as a 2009 model. I told him about CoolestChallenger's info, and he went so far as to ask other people at the dealership about it. Nobody there knew any more than what he told me to start with. One of the guys said he doubted it, since Dodge has only recently released the Caliber and the Avenger. As he said, "When the Challenger comes out, it's going to get all the attention and these cars will be ignored."

The mystery deepens...
Old 03-08-2007, 08:23 PM

As usual, none of the dealers around here (upstate NY) know anything about the Challenger - debut, trim levels, pricing, availability, options - nothing other than that it's expected in spring to summer of '08.

We have a car show scheduled here March 23-25 (the week after the Minneapolis show / open weekend in the concept car show schedule), and I can't even get a denial / confirmation of whether the Challenger will be at the show. I've been asking around for three months and still no one knows.

News issued today is that CAW rejected a "give back" offer to DCX, which would have probably added a fifth car on the Brampton line for 2009/2010. Although that rejection can be readdressed, liklihood is that DCX will look at putting the "5th car" (suspected to be the Imperial concept / production car) on a different line / plant.

None of this has any bearing on a lack of news on production of the Challenger. Yes, DCX DOES need this car as much as GM needs the Camaro on showroom floors to generate traffic. Regardless of the source of customer interest, showroom floor traffic is the key to getting DCX back in the black.
What feedback I HAVE gotten from the dealerships is that they're all looking forward to getting the Challenger on their lots. Some (very few) are making lists of potential buyers (a list) with vague guidelines for getting on these lists ($1,000.00 deposit was one reply).

I'm still taking a "wait patiently" attitude and plan on sitting with a fistfull of cash until I can order the car I want at a price I'm willing to pay. I've waited for prices to fall on appliances before I'd buy (LCD and plasma TV's are almost there now), and I intend to do the same thing with the Challenger. If it takes a year or two to get the motor I want in it, with the options I want in it, at the price I want it for, then I'll ride out the storm and wait for things to level off. I might be paying $4.00 a gallon for gas by that time, but that wouldn't change regardless of what I'm driving then anyway.
Whether it's at the point of sale, or at the gas pump, there's someone ready to try to rip us off. Might as well eliminate as many thieves along the way as we can.