Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Got the dreaded CEL

Old 02-23-2009, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the dreaded CEL

I was just crusing on the highway around 85mph and on it came. I swear my heart dropped.[] I drove straight to the dealership and dropped it off. More tomorrow.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:55 PM

Default RE: Got the dreaded CEL

you ever wonder if these cars are crap? Every time I get close to buying one I always change my mind based on Dodge's poor quality concerns. I can't get past the idea of buying a questionable quality car from a company that is soon to be history.........but it is by far the nicest looking car being made right now.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:35 PM

No, I never have that thought.

ORIGINAL: stp43joe

you ever wonder if these cars are crap? Every time I get close to buying one I always change my mind based on Dodge's poor quality concerns. I can't get past the idea of buying a questionable quality car from a company that is soon to be history.........but it is by far the nicest looking car being made right now.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:49 PM

Quite honestly every model of every manufacture will have a handful that are problem vehicles. My SE has been fine so far now with 1,004 miles on it. I know that is not much of a sample but I have to say this is the highest quality vehicle I have ever owned.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:13 PM

How many miles does Crush have now?
Old 02-23-2009, 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: stp43joe

No I'm in love with my car. Gotta feel for my automobile. Get a grip on my boy racer rollbar. Such a thrill when your radials squeal. I'm impressed with the fit and finish of my car.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:04 AM

Yeah - these cars started coming off of the line in what, May of '08, so they've had time to get ALL of the kinks worked out already, right? Shouldn't be expected to see little problems here and there, correct?
[:@]

I believe Crush is an '08. And I think Greg said he just had a remote starter put in the car a day or two ago. I think THAT might have something to do with it.
Probably just needs to be reset, Greg. I'd have it checked out, but don't get too excited about it - at least not yet, anyway. If you didn't notice anything wrong with the car (other than the CEL), I'm sure it's something minor.
Keep us posted, Bud!

BTW - My '09 Challenger SRT is by far the best built car I've ever owned. That's impressive considering my wife's Charger R/T is almost 3 years old - and has NEVER had to go back to the dealership - for anything!
Old 02-24-2009, 06:09 AM

3900 miles as of yesterday. Yes, I had the remote start installed last Friday. I did not notice performance loss with the CEL.

ORIGINAL: rtfromnc

How many miles does Crush have now?
Old 02-24-2009, 07:46 AM

3900 miles is very close to what I have and your CEL has made me scared. What did you pay for your remote start? Do you get the feeling the remote start may have had anything to do with the CEL and have you gotten any word on which code caused the CEL?

RTFROMNC
Chally #138
Old 02-24-2009, 07:51 AM

I do not know if they are related. No word from the dealerhship yet.

Quick Reply: Got the dreaded CEL