Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Got a ride in THE '08 Challenger yesterday! (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/got-ride-08-challenger-yesterday-1686/)

DanRealtor 08-12-2007 09:58 PM

Got a ride in THE '08 Challenger yesterday!

DanRealtor’s Excellent Adventure

This past Friday I’m minding my own business (literally) and getting my daughters ready for the new school year (it starts tomorrow) and my wife is in Florida for a couple of weeks, and I’m negotiating a couple of multi million dollar deals, and then not one but two of my SoCal LX friends call me to invite me to go see the Challenger in Irvine.

Hmmmm. What to do?

Well let’s see. The “Responsible” thing to do was to say “See you guys next time”, my plate is full.

Yeah right.

So, after spending Friday clothes shopping with teenagers (such fun) what the hell. Irvine is only 391 miles from my house. I can probably be there in 3 or 5 hours.

Unfortunately, with all that I had to do, there was no time for sleep. Who needs sleep anyway?

At 12:30am, I tucked my girls in, went to the office and handled a few time sensitive items, then off to Cali. My mapping software and my nav unit said 6 hours 36 minute. Yeah, okay. Try 4 hours and 47 minutes. Not much traffic between 1 and 6 am. (I Love Coffee).

So I arrived in Irvine without incident or roadside chats and there were only a handful of cars including a red Jeep GC SRT-8, I parked next to him. Then I saw the Challenger drive in. Everyone just migrated to it like a magnet. I met the guys from DCX: Mark & Steve & a few others. Great guys. All car guys (like Ralph & Adam). After checking out the car I asked if I could take it for a test drive. They said “No”. I was shocked. Then, the guy with the keys (my new buddy) was asking another DCX guy (Steve I think) to drive the Challenger. He declined the offer. Again I offered, but, well, no. Then Steve volunteered me to ride shotgun. Thanks Steve! We drove around in the Challenger and ALL eyes were on us (the car really). No one could look away, they all just stared, and drooled. BTW the 6.1 sounds AWESOME and the manual tranny felt very firm & precise.

I spent some time with the guys from DCX and got a few business cards (you can never know too many people on the inside) then after a bit we all rolled out to HB for some breakfast. We parked on the roof of the parking garage. Inside the garage, I may have lost traction, once or twelve times. I seem to have a traction issue of some sort.

After a tasty breakfast we rode in formation to Ricky & Ronnie’s. We met a new friend on the way. He was driving an Audi. That was yesterday. After educating him properly (I’ll let someone else recount the details of his education), he is probably online pricing out an SRT-8 by now.

After Ricky & Ronnie’s (I counted 25 LX’s there) I hit the beach. I had a great time body surfing & swimming, then back to AZ.

The ride home was great. I talked to Scott at GSM at 5:33 pm. He was just finishing up a long day & locking up the shop. I was at the 91 Freeway & Imperial (90), 45 minutes later I called him from La Quinta East of Palm Springs. I made good time.

Then a guy in a Volvo station wagon tries to just sail past me. Not. 110mph, Hi, that’s me in your rear view mirror. 120, still here. 130, me again. 140, hola…… He kept it at or below 140. I kept it at or below 155. His car said “Test Vehicle” on the back window, and he had manufacturers plates. WE played all the way from La Quinta to the AZ border. He never lifted, except for lappers. I slowed a bit as I went under each overpass, he kept going. I just reeled him in repeatedly, that was fun. So I’m wondering. What kind of license does he have, and how do I get one? In AZ I let him check out and I just cruised at about 100. A few minutes later I saw him on the side of the road talking to Officer Friendly. I set cruise at 84 all the way back to Phoenix. Well, except for running with that white Charger for a while, and arrived home at 10pm.

So yesterday, I left my house at 12:30am (with zero sleep), was in Irvine by 6am, Did the car stuff, hung out, swam in the ocean, left HB at 4:30pm, and was home again by 10pm

awsure 08-12-2007 10:48 PM

RE: Got a ride in THE '08 Challenger yesterday!

I think you should post some of the pics you took with your cell phone to document this event so we can all enjoy your ride vicariously...

lear4406 08-13-2007 09:04 AM

This post needs pictures. Right now I'm so jealous[:'(] You got to ride in my dream car and all I can do is wait. But I'm glad for you and it gives us a hint of what an attention getter it will be. I'd ride shot gun anytime in a 2008 Challenger!

Jeremiah 29:11 08-14-2007 09:05 PM

Man, talking about making us drool. I think I have slobbered all over myself.

Congrats on having an awesome day and a story for your grandchildren to tell.

awsure 08-17-2007 09:12 PM

no pics huh?

browndawgdude 08-31-2007 10:46 AM

Here's one from my cell phone at Woodward Dream Cruise.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brownda...dgechallenger/

[IMG]local://upfiles/732/CC33CEA2BCFF4AA8B460E8CB4CA7986B.jpg[/IMG]

Axel 08-31-2007 11:27 AM

4 posts and no responses....I'm having a hard time swollowing this one to tell you the truth.

Paladin06 08-31-2007 11:37 AM

:D:D:D:D

Billionaire 09-04-2007 02:23 AM

>>Here's one from my cell phone at Woodward Dream Cruise.

I think that's the sweetest picture of a Challenger I've seen yet.
It really does look like something from the early 70's.
Now all you need is a 70's era monster stereo system and some other cool 70's stuff and you're in business.

1 Bad Mirada 09-04-2007 09:39 AM

i got pictures of the interior when i was in the car, but it wasnt moving...still, we were happy enough to be in the car for some pictures...

awsure 09-04-2007 12:49 PM

I don't mean to be a skeptic but sounded like a creative writing assignment to me.

It was 2:38AM and the rain started; a hard rain...2:47AM the dame walks into my office and blah, blah, blah....I rode in the Challenger.

1 Bad Mirada 09-04-2007 12:51 PM

woo hoo...im not the only skeptic...:D

Jeremiah 29:11 09-04-2007 06:08 PM

Yep, sounds like the proverbial "blowing smoke up our dress" routine.

joeyr 09-04-2007 07:06 PM

I have been waiting forever to use this smiley:

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

DanRealtor 09-05-2007 07:55 AM

You guys slay me.

You're right. I'm probably some 15 year old who has never even seem a Challenger yet!

OR

There are pictures, and video already posted on the web, LX Forums, 300CForumz, YouTube etc... and about 20 fellow LX enthusiasts as witnesses.

BTW: I am DanRealtor. 68,000+ miles of SRT-8 fun so far in my 2006 300C SRT-8. Fastest LX on the CA Speedway Road Course 1:23.010. Verified top speed of 173mph. #1 on the Challeger Waiting list at Avondale Dodge.

The next weekend after the Challenger Adventure I drove BACK to SoCal (after some sleep this time) and rolled into the Burbank Mopar GTG in a Supercharged 300C SRT-8 426 Hemi.

Eat your hearts out. I got a ride in the Prototype Challenger abd you didn't!!!

awsure 09-05-2007 09:10 AM

Prove it Dan

1 Bad Mirada 09-05-2007 02:19 PM

oh wow! i didnt realize that this was DanRealtor!!! NOW I believe him...since its DanRealtor, and he has a 300C SRT8, so he cant be making this up.

im glad that you like your srt8, and if you got to ride in the challenger, congrats. however, your dragstrip times are nothing to brag about...with those mods, you should be able to put it into the 12s. But then again, money doesnt buy the ability to launch. ;)

Jeremiah 29:11 09-05-2007 02:52 PM

I don't think you are getting it DanRealtor. Nobody believes you without pictures.

You brag about all of your pictures on various websites but none here.

Nobody wants to "slay" you, but until you produce pictures, we are looking forward to seeing the door
hit you from behind as you leave.

I not meaning to be hurtful, but this is waste of our time to hear your false stories.

RoswellGrey 09-05-2007 04:21 PM

I couldn't find anything for DanRealtor on YouTube, but there IS this fine clip about Dan the Mortgage Man. His brother, perhaps? :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bClte9_7lEs

BootCamp 09-05-2007 04:29 PM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

oh wow! i didnt realize that this was DanRealtor!!! NOW I believe him...since its DanRealtor, and he has a 300C SRT8, so he cant be making this up.
Now THAT'S FUNNY!
"Lord, I apologize for that right there, and please be with the starvin' pygmies in New Guinea, A-men" Larry, the Cable Guy

Jeremiah 29:11 09-05-2007 04:34 PM

That Larry the Cable Guy is one funny guy.

He told the story in a interview one time that when he would do the pygmy prayer, that people would laugh just
because he said something but did not know what he said. The first time I heard it I had to play over on my recorder
to get what he said.

Everytime he says it now, I just laugh my pygmy off.

BootCamp 09-05-2007 04:40 PM

Yessir!
One of my favorites is when he tells about his aunt and uncle who froze to death in a convertible after going to a drive in theater to see "Closed for the Winter."

I know we've digressed to something other than the original thread....... does it count that we've at least kept the posts in a "fictional" vein?
:D

Jeremiah 29:11 09-05-2007 04:59 PM

Now that is funny! :D

Axel 09-06-2007 06:39 AM

It was cool, just the other day I took 1 Bad Mirada and Jeremiah 29:11, real names not handles, in my prototype Challenger for a spin. This is after I came from Colorado and drove it down to each of their places, ROAD TRIP!!! Oh yeah, Chrysler gave me the vehicle to test out for them. They told me to try and tear it apart, drive it as much as possible and go as fast as I want because they would pay for all the tickets and make sure that they would keep my driving record clean. If I ever went to jail for any of this, they would make sure to bail me out and make it like I was never there. After all, Chrysler has connections since they are a billion dollar company.

Anyway, we drove around the US together, each taking turns and burning rubber in the 9.0L V-10 Hemi, 850hp 870 lbs tq doing what we could to tear that thing apart, but to no avail. Even the tires wouldn't come off that thing no matter what we did to it. It was great. Oh yeah, let me add that there is no cameo on it now because they figure, what the heck, let people take pictures. It was a great time Jeremiah 29:11 and 1 Bad Mirada. Look forward to doing it again before I turn in the car. Or maybe they'll just let me keep it.

Jeremiah 29:11 09-06-2007 08:37 PM

I enjoyed that one enougth that I had to read it again. ;)

DanRealtor 09-07-2007 05:53 AM

Here's a link to a video of part of my ride in the Challenger. http://smg.photobucket.com/player.sw...fs=1&os=1&ap=1

I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

My Challenger goes to production on 4/21/08. I will have it sometime in May. I'll post pics then too (unless I am just making all this up)

About my 300C SRT-8. You're right, it should easily be in the 12's. Unfortunately, with our DA of 2500-4000 at Speedworld in AZ, even with a good launch (1.9 60') the heat and altitude are a monster. Last weekend my best was a 13.601. My friend's Z06 was only 13.5, and Carl (Fast56k) with his Charger SRT-8 426 with dual throttle bodies was a 13.3. Nobody could get traction. The dust that blew on the track, and the diesel trucks that were running didn't help either.

Hey Mirada & Jeremiah: What gives? Your profiles show zero info about who you are, where you live, or what you drive. Are you SURE you guys REALLY exist. Without pics, I won't believe you!!!

Axel 09-07-2007 11:10 AM

Dan, I hate to say it, but what do you expect? You come in here and post this tall tale about a super car that you drive and then riding in another super car that isn't even out yet, production wise. As you can see by the posts people believed you at first and then time kept going on and on and we hear nothing back. People start making comments about it not being real and then you come back and start saying that you have pictures and movies, so on and so on, say that they are on this board and that board, but yet again, you post nothing to back anything up. Then people say more about that and you post a movie finally with a concept model driving out of sight. That still doesn't say much. Honestly, don't you think we have a right to question the legitimacy of this story?

RoswellGrey 09-07-2007 02:55 PM

Yeah, I expected to at least be able to see your 'I'm DanRealtor' T-shirt. ;)

Jeremiah 29:11 09-08-2007 06:36 AM

I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Show us something. Your video does not prove anything.

How does that saying go....."put up or shut up". I really do not want to hear any more about your story without evidence.

Hey Mirada & Jeremiah: What gives? Your profiles show zero info about who you are, where you live, or what you drive. Are you SURE you guys REALLY exist. Without pics, I won't believe you!!!

Oh, we exist allright. Keep up the "funny stuff" and when you can't log in any more you will know we existed.

Have a great day.

RLSH700 09-08-2007 09:06 AM

ORIGINAL: DanRealtor

Here's a link to a video of part of my ride in the Challenger. http://smg.photobucket.com/player.sw...fs=1&os=1&ap=1

I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

My Challenger goes to production on 4/21/08. I will have it sometime in May. I'll post pics then too (unless I am just making all this up)

About my 300C SRT-8. You're right, it should easily be in the 12's. Unfortunately, with our DA of 2500-4000 at Speedworld in AZ, even with a good launch (1.9 60') the heat and altitude are a monster. Last weekend my best was a 13.601. My friend's Z06 was only 13.5, and Carl (Fast56k) with his Charger SRT-8 426 with dual throttle bodies was a 13.3. Nobody could get traction. The dust that blew on the track, and the diesel trucks that were running didn't help either.

Dan, they do not provide that info because sick people take this too seriously and sometimes make severe threats. If they provide that info, sick people might use it to hunt them down and do who knows what to them. Also, that might also do it because certain employers want you to keep a low profile, and many times it is for their own good. Jeremiah, has posted many pictures that he has taken throughout the history of this site that were taken from the inside of his vehicle and they are all from the same car; therefore, he exists. 1BadMirada also exists. On the other sites which he runs, he has posted videos of what he has done with his Mirada among other things. I have also seen a photo of him on one of them, but I'm not going to post that or link that as it is Patrick's right to choose whether or not he wants to post that.

As for that video, we don't have a clue what you look like and there isn't a good enough view of anyone in the car to compare and contrast. If that video is yours why don't we see you talking before hand or anything to indicate that. Also that music in the video sounds like every Chrysler video on concept car tests. It just appears to me that you found a video on the internet to try to defend you claim. Well if you did have such an experience in the first place why didn't you post it to begin with. I mean seriously did you expect people to just believe you instantly because you said so. Just because it is posted on the internet does NOT mean "it must be true." People on the internet lie like a gigantic rug on a regular basis (believe me I've read numerous people's posts and they make insane claims all the time), if you want people to believe you, you have to provide some proof and so far, you lack such evidence.

Something to remember, 1Bad Mirada is the administrator. He makes the decisions here. You do not want to be on his bad side. Jeremiah is one of our moderators, and he out ranks you on here.

McDonald 09-09-2007 08:15 AM

Sounds more to me like Dan Faketor.

1 Bad Mirada 09-09-2007 08:44 PM

hmm...a grainy video of the concept idling through a car show lot? well, we did ask for video or pictures..not good evidence. either way, if it happened, good for you. cvertainly you couldnt have thought that you could just come in here making those claims without any sort of substantial proof, and everyone would believe you? this isnt your other site...this site isnt packed full of naive babyboomers who are happy to finally have something other than a minivan...;)

pictures of some of my vehicles.

my 92 laser and 92 525i
http://www.dodgeforum.com/upfiles/27...s809226919.jpg

my 1971 demon the day that i bought it...the car has not gone to paint yet, but the engine went in this past weekend.
http://www.dodgeforum.com/upfiles/27...v189106845.jpg

the new engine, with the valve covers and intake mocked up, before paint
http://www.dodgeforum.com/upfiles/27...p596959311.jpg

after paint
http://www.dodgeforum.com/upfiles/27...k886496586.jpg

the 83 mirada, fairly recently..
http://www.dodgeforum.com/upfiles/27...w632741428.jpg

a clipping from mopar muscle from a few years back...
http://www.hondacivicforum.com/upfil...C326F4AB85.jpg

my stratus
http://www.dodgeforum.com/upfiles/27...b847006208.jpg

jdb840 09-10-2007 08:42 AM

Off topic. ^^^1badmiranda I remember reading that article and seeing your miranda. I'm gald to see you got car in the magazine.
Also what motor are you putting in the demon? Is it going to be a drag car?

All I'll say is, if that is you in the new challenger good for you! If it isn't you, which we'll never know, then why would even make a story like that.

1 Bad Mirada 09-10-2007 10:30 AM

the motor going into the demon, for now, is a fairly stock 340 build. stock heads (188/160) with a very mild port match to an LD340 intake. 509 cam, hooker headers, BG 750. mopar electronic ignition for now, clutch fan, stock water pump. 2500 stall 727 built by bob george racing, with a manual valve body. our goal was to get the car on the street, spending as little as possible. its a low compression engine, similar to that in the mirada, but the mirada has a slightly better intake, bigger cam, better carb, better port on the heads. the engine, like the mirada, is low compression..around 9 to 1. the mirada ran 12.40s with a track weight of 3700lbs, on 87 octane with a 4.56 gear and 3500 stall...

the demon is a cruiser, and i want to see what someone can get a car onto the road for, including the paint. NOT including the paint, i have less in the demon than i have in the laser...:D im sure that the demon will get a few passes down the quarter mile once its done, to see what it runs, but its not going to see the huge amount of track time that the mirada has (around 1200 runs in 13 years)... i do, however, want it to be at least in the 12s, and once we have it on the street, after time, it may get the drivetrain from the mirada, or possibly some new heads//

for now, it is just a cruiser, and time will tell what will come of it in the future...[8D]

BootCamp 09-10-2007 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

the motor going into the demon, for now, is a fairly stock 340 build. stock heads (188/160) with a very mild port match to an LD340 intake. 509 cam, hooker headers, BG 750. mopar electronic ignition for now, clutch fan, stock water pump. 2500 stall 727 built by bob george racing, with a manual valve body. our goal was to get the car on the street, spending as little as possible. its a low compression engine, similar to that in the mirada, but the mirada has a slightly better intake, bigger cam, better carb, better port on the heads. the engine, like the mirada, is low compression..around 9 to 1. the mirada ran 12.40s with a track weight of 3700lbs, on 87 octane with a 4.56 gear and 3500 stall...
This may not be your intention, but that setup has "bottle ready" written all over it. ;)

1 Bad Mirada 09-10-2007 03:46 PM

yeah...i hear alot of that, and i have a nitrous setup at my disposal...but honestly, i dont want to risk tearing up my 340 blocks...

lear4406 09-10-2007 03:50 PM

Nice cars!!!:D That brings back memories of my 72 Duster 340 4 speed car. Same color with Hemi orange and blacked out hood and black debadged 340 stripes. That was my first car and man do I dream about the times I spent cruising in that beast. Keep us updated on the Demon and some more pictures would be great.

1 Bad Mirada 09-10-2007 04:33 PM

i have an A833 trans, but we are going with a built autotrans due to my past knee issues.

Cheekie 10-09-2007 08:36 AM

WOW
How come you did not take a pic to remeber your journey with ? I know I would have at least one of me and the car.
Thanks for the story, we all get to dream.

champcaracing 10-10-2007 08:00 PM

as many times that i've set the challenger up at shows, i have never gotten a pic of me in the car. guess, i never have the camera handy when i'm in, or that i'm driving and you guys what me to "light'em up". have to drive it carefull with the show wheels anyways.