Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

GTO and Mustang GT Pricing

Old 02-14-2006, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTO and Mustang GT Pricing

Ok, I've visited the GTO and Mustang GT web-sites to do some pricing. I priced them both with all available options as I plan to order my Challenger. The bottom line is:

2006 GTO Fully loaded with all available options: $33,290.00

Corrected - 2006 Mustang GT Fully Loaded with all available options $30,780.00

Now these prices do not included taxes, license, shipping and handling.

Now if the boys at DCX can not get into this box, they will have blown a great opportunity.

Anyone care to comment?
Old 02-14-2006, 01:43 PM

Default RE: GTO and Mustang GT Pricing

My comment. I am seriously thinking of getting the Mustang GT this year, then if rumors are true by the time I have my payment lower than what the car is worth the Challenger will be out, and if it is priced right I can trade in the Stang.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:49 PM

I had my banks approval, and had been in serious discussions with GTO dealer when I first caught wind of the Challenger. If this thing goes bad, I'll being driving one bad ass, mid-night black fully loaded with Supercharger GTO.

I must think positive!!! The Challenger will happen at an affordable price.

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

My comment. I am seriously thinking of getting the Mustang GT this year, then if rumors are true by the time I have my payment lower than what the car is worth the Challenger will be out, and if it is priced right I can trade in the Stang.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:54 PM

If it comes only as a 6.1L 6-speed, it's probably gonna be at 35K. It's gonna be well over the Mustang, which is what I would have been the competitive target in the market. They've already blown it, IMHO. It will be more car, granted, but it's going to come in at a higher enough price to guarantee a limited-production status. It's a bad move in the competitve marketplace in my eyes.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:01 PM

Sweet. That is a nice car but price is not what I want to spend right off.

I think I have mentioned on here before, I get a supplier discount through ford so I would get it below dealers invoice. I want the GT Deluxe Vista Blue 5 speed MTX Coupe. I don't want the premier because I hate leather seats and I prefer the 17" rims compared to the 18". Also want to set up my own stereo system and not get the SHaker system. And because I am not the richest guy I will take the base GT which MSRP is around 26,000 - Dealers Invoice is around 23,000 from what I read. And then build on. And save to get the saleen exhaust, suspension, and somehow get the supercharger.(probably get a CAI for the time being). I think I like this plan. People say just get the saleen or Cobra. I also don't want all the low pro body work. I like it siimple looking. I say not for that price, and to me, it is a pleasure to add on. Know what I mean?
Old 02-14-2006, 10:59 PM

Mustangs Suck!!!!

Old 02-15-2006, 12:03 AM

Don't be an ass
Old 02-15-2006, 09:04 AM
Administrator

can i be an ass?

but seriously...i wont own a mustang for reasons known to those here who know me...and the missus (who makes all the money..i am unemployed [:@] ) hates the GTO...it will be a mistake on the part of dodge if they price this car so ridiculously, but if you look at recent pricing trends, i wouldnt be surprised to see this car msrp'ed nearing 40 thousand...however, a LONG TIME friend of my dads owns a small dodge dealership, and is always offering to get us a car at his cost. when i bought the RT,i got so many discounts, that he couldnt do anything for me...although he was going to sell me a loaded neon SXT for something like 8500 bucks, new. i talked to him about an srt4, but he said that they make nothing on them so he couldnt do much on the price...so when the time comes, i may be making a trip to the middle of WV...

if the challenger is priced too high, by that time the evoX will be out..or possibly a good deal on an old stock evo IX...which is a cheaper car, and just as fast as the stang...and ENDLESS aftermarket support..i know a few guys with Evo VIIIs who have gotten into the 12s with an intake, MBC, and exhaust...and the four doors would be kind of useful...
Old 02-15-2006, 09:54 AM

Yeah, but I hate when someone says SUCKS. You have your reasons. When someone says THAT SUCKS after I said I was probably going to get it, you are insulting me. I personally, am not loyal to any car manufacturer. If I see something that interests me I look into it, get teh info. If someone tells me they are getting some vehicle I don't like, I don't go and say THAT SUCKS. If they are happy, I congratulate them. That kind of statement is juevinile. Hell, if I had money to burn, I would have a big garage with all 4 cars. The new GTO , the new Stang(has to be 05 and above), the new Camaro and of course the new Challenger.

By the way, most likely I will get the stang, you will never see me over on MF. Sorry Pat, i know these sights pay the bills, but I just can't go on that one.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:41 AM

I think the mans talking about freedom of speech but with respect. Not to much too ask.

Quick Reply: GTO and Mustang GT Pricing