Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO ORDER A 2009 YET? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/has-anyone-been-able-order-2009-yet-3137/)

fatcat 05-01-2008 04:37 AM

HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO ORDER A 2009 YET?

Since Ive tried over 43 dealers to buy or order a 2008 Challenger and been totally unsuccessful, or unable to get anywhere with these greedy Dodge Dealers( my opinion only), Ive decided to try and order a 2009 but not getting anywhere there also. So I'm asking anyone in this forum to please post when they were able to order a 2009 so that I'll know when dealers are taking orders for the 2009 Challengers. Thanks to all in advance for letting me know. A fellow member, Fatcat

fatcat 05-01-2008 04:40 AM

RE: HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO ORDER A 2009 YET?

PS: All I need to know is a date but any other info would be greatly appreciated or you can E-mail me at wboyd18993@aol.com .....Thanks, Fatcat

ORIGINAL: fatcat

Since Ive tried over 43 dealers to buy or order a 2008 Challenger and been totally unsuccessful, or unable to get anywhere with these greedy Dodge Dealers( my opinion only), Ive decided to try and order a 2009 but not getting anywhere there also. So I'm asking anyone in this forum to please post when they were able to order a 2009 so that I'll know when dealers are taking orders for the 2009 Challengers. Thanks to all in advance for letting me know. A fellow member, Fatcat

npeifer 05-01-2008 05:57 AM

2009's are not available for order yet.

davecpa 05-01-2008 06:00 PM

They have to put the 2009's on sale soon. I figure if they can produce up to 75-100 cars a day on a good day, then the 6,500 or so 2008's should be built before the end of June. They gotta start having the pre-sales for the 09's by the end of may i would think.

brucer41 05-02-2008 07:50 AM

I stopped in to my local Dodge dealer and talked with the sales manager. He said they have no news or dates as of yet for the 09 ordering. He said that from the looks of the delay with the 08's and whatever mystery Chrysler is swirling over the whole Challenger world, it will most likely be very late June early July before you can order. I told him I had a handful of cash with Challenger written all over it if he was willing to order one for me...no go.

66Cuda 05-02-2008 08:48 AM

Some dealerships are taking deposits on the 09’s but that is it. I have been told that prices and ordering will open up sometime this month and the very first 09’s will be built at the end of July..

snooter 05-02-2008 03:43 PM

whats rumor mill show on vert production?...been some time since i heard anything about the verts

Jeremiah 29:11 05-03-2008 08:26 AM

Hopefully we will get more 2009 pricing information by Memorial day. What a nice holiday treat.

npeifer 05-03-2008 10:17 AM

Yesterday was the first day you could order anything 2009 from Chrysler and they only made Aspen and Durango available thus far.

73Cuda340 05-03-2008 04:34 PM

Just left my Dodge dealer today. They are only guessing, but thinking the 09's will be orderable near the end of June.
My dealer really wants to help, but is just not making much headway within the Corporation.
They are "disappointed" in the new CEO, they think his secrecy around the Challenger is causing Dodge to have a black eye. They firmly put the blame of lack of information on him.

73Cuda340 05-03-2008 04:51 PM

fatcat,

I have a confirmed delivery date of 5/14 on a fully packed Hemi-Orange. I have first refusals, if you want it we can work something out, cause I am thinking I am gonna hold out for a manual (09). There are 6 in line behind me but I am slatted to get it for a firmly negotiated price, as of July '06, slightly over MSRP. I would flip it to you for what I pay for it, nothing more. Also, I would bring it home and park it. <20 miles.

let me know if you are interested.
-Phil

04RAMSRT10 05-03-2008 04:52 PM

Most think that order for 09's willstart in a couple of weeks. I don't know for sure,but think about it, when you have one horse you better ride that one. Blame, I think there is plenty to go around. The only thing I can think of is that this coming week will become a big deal with the Dodge Challenger 500. If this passes as a quiet deal then we should all throw rocks at the leaders of the company. This car has the potential to be the biggst single item ever.

MossOnARoc 05-05-2008 06:01 AM

Let's see if any of these numbers or this order pans out....

I've got a 2009 "Order" placed with the ENCS (Exchange New Car Sales) Program with the following numbers:

SRT8 MSRP: $37,480
Gas Guzzler Tax: $2,163
6-Speed Manual: $800
SRT Opt Grp I: $730
SRT Opt Grp II: $1,195
Sun Roof: $950
MyGig: $890

There's also a ESL4 code "Model Year 2009 Estimated Uplift" charge of $1249.50 which I'm not sure of.....
+ other Misc Shipping and protection plan charges...

All with an estimated Delivery Date of: 13-Oct-2008 (to the Port, so + another month for shipping to Germany)

I was entered in the ENCS "Lotto" for one of their 20 allocations for the 2008s, but did not get selected (there were about 250 entered in the drawing)...

I don't want to get my hopes up again, so I'll believe it when I'm on the autobahn.....

Cuda340 05-05-2008 09:41 AM

Bob Frederick of redletterdodge.com is taking deposits for 2009s. (Although no pricing yet). So far, he has 9 deposits and will be selling his cars for MSRP.

Also, I have heard that through his efforts, Hemi-orange WILL be offered for the 2009 SRTs!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

73Cuda340 05-05-2008 10:24 AM

Cuda340,

You should not have spilled that paint. [:@] Bob asked us keep that quiet. He could get in trouble for leaking corporate inside knowledge. Granted he told a few of us, but in the same sentence asked us to hold that close to the vest until Dodge announces it. As for those of us buying through Bob, he is a very reputable and respectible dealer, not a penny over MSRP for a 2009. :) I suspect like like my local dealer though he has a quota limit on SRT8's he will sell. For every 1 SRT8 sold, some ?? number of fuel efficent cars have to be sold. Chrysler will enforce it because of the CAFE laws.

1971cuda convert 05-05-2008 11:43 AM

Hows he able to get hemi orange on 09srts Dodge said they wasnt going to do that .I think they should not as some of us have paid dearly for them now .As well they should have some other new colors like plum crazy or sublime .

Cuda340 05-05-2008 04:06 PM

ORIGINAL: 73Cuda340

Cuda340, You should not have spilled that paint. [:@] Bob asked us keep that quiet.
I didn't think that I was divulging a secret. [sm=imsorry.gif]

The information was already out on another web site.

70sguy 05-05-2008 06:05 PM

It's all a bunch of BS, and DODGE isn't innocent either,I'll stop at that.

73Cuda340 05-05-2008 06:38 PM

1971cuda Convert - Chrysler is a capitalistic entity. Remember that little print at the bottom says, Chrysler, henceforth referred to as "the Company", reserves the right at its descretion to make changes to the product at any time as it sees fit without notice (or seeking your approval) to best serve the needs and interests of the company to maximize profit, ensure viability and service demand.

Actually, even though the hemi-Orange is now available on the 09's, it does not take away from the fact those that have an 08, will get a letter of Authenticity and don't forget the dash plaque. Heck, plaque has to be worth something, none of the other will get one. (Well except for the special runs that are being planned. - they get a dash plaque too, also with a letter of authenticity.)

GPMAN 05-06-2008 04:42 AM

72Cuda340,
I would take you up on that offer

DSkippy 05-06-2008 06:17 AM

73Cuda340, you're spot on. If it were a public company, the ethical onus of the executives running the company would be to maximize profits for the owners (share holders) of the company.

73Cuda340 05-06-2008 06:12 PM

GPMAN - I sent you a PM

Cuda340 05-07-2008 05:45 AM

According to a post on allpar.com there will be an Official Challenger Launch Ceremony on Thursday May 8, 2008. In attendance will be Frank Ewasyshyn (Executive VP of Manufacturing), the media, politicians, and union officials.

I assume that the 2009 pricing will follow. ;)

DSkippy 05-07-2008 06:20 AM

Nice find, Cuda! Woo hoo!

Again...too bad there aren't web cams on the assembly line w/ a ticking scroll "Vin XXXXXX" being produced now....

I mean how cool would that be? The birth of you car. We talked about this before, but that'd be tight. A DVD, of "How it's Made" of your actual car. I'd pay $500 extra. And that'd go right to Chrysler....not a bad revenue generator.....

Wonder if they'd allow licensing or some such thing.....allow a free lance person to set up equipment and take a cut of the action....

snooter 05-07-2008 10:36 AM

back in 1977 i toured the river rouge assembly plant including walking thru the steel mill...that was cool...ford allowed you thru the steel mill and then to the actual assembly line..of course mustangs2's at the time which we will not go into too but it was cool for this kid...i support a live video feed of the plant making chally's...it would be groovy (dating my age i know).....and what ever happened to "boosted"...use to mean you stole something...ahh the hippie years.....

Thor77 05-07-2008 01:22 PM

Thursday May 8th...that's tomorrow! I hope they announce pricing. Unless the pricing is really high, then I'll be all bummed out. I'm hoping the 09 R/T is not too far into the 30's.

fatcat 05-07-2008 05:44 PM

THOR77 I'm sorry to say this but I extremely doubt that Chrysler Corp or Dodge Corp is going to start accepting orders for the 2009 Challengers on May 8th or any time in May because if you read thru all the other posts on these forums especially the post " Who has a 2008 on order" you will see that none of the 2008's have been delivered yet and Dodge is really confusing every rumor with thier own mixed up lies down to the report now that some of the Challengers are now stuck on a rail car which were built too low to get the cars off. How totally absurd along with them changing build codes back and forth that all our members are checking on to see when thier cars will be delivered. Some expected to have their car this week and now a bunch of new excuses. Haw Ha I don't know whats going on but something is not right and a lot of people are getting pi--ed off and you think they will take orders for the 2009 tommorrow? Let me know if you hear of anyone writing or filling out an order or sales contract for a 2009 Dodge Challenger of any kind.

As for this guy Bob Fredrick from Red Letter Dodge taking deposits for 2009's , well I dion't know who he is and someone said with his help you can order a 2009 SRT8 in Hemi Orange , well I don't think Dodge is going to print up thousands of sales booklets with the 2009 colors in them and it clearly shows that Hemi Orange can only be ordered in the R/T model . So again it will be a wait and see kind of thing and we are ALL AT THE MERCY OF DODGE...lets hope they gain a little sales savy and wise up before they lose a lot of sales to the new Mustangs coming out and the 2009 Camaro's. I for one am willing to wait a little longer to order a 2009 Challenger but my patience is wearing awfull thin at this point as I've been saving and waiting for over 2 years now. FatCat[:@]

quote]ORIGINAL: Thor77

Thursday May 8th...that's tomorrow! I hope they announce pricing. Unless the pricing is really high, then I'll be all bummed out. I'm hoping the 09 R/T is not too far into the 30's.
[/quote]

66Cuda 05-08-2008 07:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Thor77

I wouldn’t expect pricing to be out until the end of May, first of June. This is just my thought but I’m basing this on the fact that in the plants in July before shutdown they run out all of the current model years out (so for this year 08’s) and they will send a few of next years model down the line so that when everyone returns from shut down the only vehicles on the line will be the next model year (09’s). If they are going to do this they would need orders for that year which would lead me to believe the pricing and ordering would be open by at least mid June but preferably earlier to have more orders in the system.

Having said that I think the price of the R/T will start at 32K and will be 35K fully loaded.

70sguy 05-08-2008 08:56 AM

66 Cuda,

There is no way dodge will have made all of the 08's much less the 09's before the July shut down. Not on the same line that will be running chargers & 300's unless they work overtime, run challengers only down the line or run a second shift. None of those options are very viable to a restructuring company. Just don't think it will happen, the math does not work. I believe the only challengers produce thus far are for the upper management of Dodge not the actual production cars as someone has already posted. I do think the actual productions cars will start being produced by the week after next. There will probably be a couple oif cars at the race this Sunday. I guess we never really give it much thought as to how our next step of prevention will be to watch the race intensely to obtain the next fix.

66Cuda 05-08-2008 11:57 AM

I'm just stating what normally happens during July shutdown. Technically if they are producing cars after the July shut down they are no longer 08's. I was under the assumption that Brampton is currently running two shifts. Once production ramps up, 6,400 Challengers is not that much, even with them being dispersed among Chargers and 300's.

70sguy 05-08-2008 12:15 PM

Cuda,

I hopeyour right and they do run 2 shifts. Can anyone confirm Brampton plant operating one or two shifts? This would definitely ease the minds of those in C status.

Thor77 05-08-2008 02:42 PM

I think my post may not have been clear. I was alluding to Cuda 340's post:

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

According to a post on allpar.com there will be an Official Challenger Launch Ceremony on Thursday May 8, 2008. In attendance will be Frank Ewasyshyn (Executive VP of Manufacturing), the media, politicians, and union officials.

I assume that the 2009 pricing will follow. ;)

Pricing for the 09 R/T was all I was curious about. I would not expect to order an 09 until much later in 08. And in fact, I myself will probably not be able to order an 09 until late 09, when my girlfriend's ill-advised car lease expires. [:@] But knowing how much they will cost gives me a good idea of how much I have to save. If the R/T gets too close to the SRT, I may just man up for the SRT, but if I can get an R/T at 32 where the SRT is 37 + Gas Guzzler...well, I kinda like that body-color spoiler...;) Really it doesn't matter, they can announce any price they want, but what really matters is the price you can get from the guy selling it.

spencer60 05-09-2008 05:12 AM

Someone found this calander for the plant, looks like two shifts to me....

http://www.cawlocal.ca/1285/uploads/...dar_2008_2.pdf

Cuda340 05-09-2008 06:13 AM

During yesterday's launch, they stated that the 2009s will start production in August.

JJMPB 05-09-2008 06:16 AM

august no way gotta be sooner than that

DSkippy 05-09-2008 06:17 AM

No. I read it on the internet, so it has to be true!;)

JJMPB 05-09-2008 06:21 AM

well maybe that 2 week vacation there taking has something to do with it

66Cuda 05-09-2008 08:59 AM

They are definitely running two shifts. so even with the Challengers being spaced out among 300's and Chargers they will still be able to punch out a lot. I am sure that the 2 week mandatory vacation is going to push things around quite a bit. I would assume that the very first 09's will start appearing at the end of August.

Justinec101 05-09-2008 11:20 AM

I think production is supposed to start in July. But they won't be in showrooms until august. That's what I've been hearing anyway. I think they're holding back on pricing and ordering because of all the crap they've gotten for opening ordering up as early as december. That gave people 5 months to complain about not getting information. I'd expect the pricing and ordering info on the 09s not to be released until 1 or 2 months before they hit the dealers.

davecpa 05-10-2008 04:34 AM

either way i can wait until august....but also i can understand dodge keeping quiet on the whole matter since i don't think anyone has actually paid in full and driven home their 2008 challenger yet. In my opinion it would take some of the excitement out of the 2008's if they released too much info on the 2009's too soon.