Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO ORDER A 2009 YET?

Old 05-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO ORDER A 2009 YET?

ORIGINAL: 66Cuda

ORIGINAL: npeifer

The reason it didn't show up is because you have to choose the 27J instead of the 27F package to have the MyGig come up as an option.
here is what I have been able to discern, the MyGig is available but not on the 6 speed. I have the order guide here and if I am reading it correctly to order the MyGig (Code RER) you need to order the electronics convenience group (code AFC) which is listed as not available with code DEC which is the code for the 6-speed. What gives? there are pictures out there of the MyGig with the 6 speed, but apparently you can't order it that way? Is this true?

I will not be a happy camper if that is true, but I can live with it. I might have to put my own aftermarkets parts.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:00 AM

I also dissagree. I ordered an 09 SRT8 with manual tranny and it is option code RER - very doable.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:40 AM

oh yeah. I couldn't take the stress. I got a pony in this race now. I figured, buy one and be done with it. Hemi-Orange. Maybe I will just cry when the Catch-Me-Copper comes out, but it still may never be available on the SRT8. 8^( Who knows? Chrysler sure ain't a say'in anne'thin
Old 05-16-2008, 07:14 PM

After a lot of research and frustration with local dealerships, I ordered our '09 SRT8 this afternoon at MSRP.

Brilliant Black Metallic Pearlcoat
6 speed Tremec
Option Group 2 (upgraded stereo system)
F1 premium Tires

The dealer indicates that Dodge will begin producing the '09 R/T's in late June - after the '08's are all produced.
He further indicated that the '09 SRT8's are slated to begin production in early September.
The pressure of getting it done is off. Now the wait begins for delivery of our baby - hopefully sometime in mid October.

I'll be grinning a little more every day as the time gets closer.
Big thanks to my wife. Without her, I'd have nothing to look forward to (and I don't mean just the car.....).
Old 05-17-2008, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats BootCamp, you are a fortunate guy.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:26 PM

I find it odd that they seam to have informaton about when the 09s will start being built but have no information or clue whats going on with the 08s .Sounds like there blowing smoke up our you know what agian to me .
Old 05-17-2008, 09:50 PM

Ordered my 2009 SRT-8 Challenger while sitting on the beach in Cancun Mexico on Thursday.

Here is a quick rundown.

2009 SRT-8
6 Speed Manual with Trak Pak
Hemi Orange
Include Hood Stipes (no stripe delete on mine)
My Gig/Nav
Sunroof
Performance tires
Elec Conv Pkg & SRT option group 1 (think both are std on SRT-8)
SRT option group 2

Agreed with dealer for MSRP - pricing to follow soon.

I will see my dealer on Tuesday when in town to get a printout of order and verify I have fully loaded it with all the bells and whistles.

"NO SPECIAL DEALER INSTALLED OVERSPRAYED UNDERCOATING PLEASE"

Hope to start seeing 2008s on the road soon - dealer expects his one allocation around June 10th - we'll see?

Cheers
Eric
Old 05-18-2008, 05:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Congrats BootCamp, you are a fortunate guy.
Thanks, Bud. I AM a very fortunate guy. My wife knows how hard I work and how much I've sacrificed. She gave me "carte blanche" ordering the car (I only added the upgraded stereo and F1 tires to the 6 speed manual) and will travel with me to pick it up when it's delivered. She's the greatest blessing God's ever given me. I thank him every day for her.

ORIGINAL: 1971cuda convert
I find it odd that they seam to have informaton about when the 09s will start being built but have no information or clue whats going on with the 08s .Sounds like there blowing smoke up our you know what agian to me .
Don't lose faith, Bud.
The dealer told me the '08's were on the line and being built as we spoke. Dodge is aware of the importance of these cars to us, and are going through every one with a fine tooth comb to make sure they're delivered in the best possible condition. They're the first off of the line and the fit and finish of each car is being carefully checked and adjusted as necessary to make sure they have the appearance a limited edition collector's car deserves. The assembly process is being reviewed as they pass through to make adjustments for optimal production and quality. No one wants to see these cars go back to the dealership after they've been delivered for something cosmetic or preventable at the plant.
Dodge's ordering / status system is a bit antiquated and needs refinement, so the system is frustrating to both the customers AND the dealerships. BUT it works - in it's own pre-historic way, and is not a priority to LLC when compared to the product. They'll get the bugs worked out of that system in time - but in a way that doesn't slow down production.
Rest assured that regardless of what information does or does not leave the system, the cars are being built to the highest standards and rolling through the line - probably faster than the available status would have you believe. You'll be driving your car very soon!
Hope that helps.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Overpowered

Ordered my 2009 SRT-8 Challenger while sitting on the beach in Cancun Mexico on Thursday.

Here is a quick rundown.

2009 SRT-8
6 Speed Manual with Trak Pak
Hemi Orange
Include Hood Stipes (no stripe delete on mine)
My Gig/Nav
Sunroof
Performance tires
Elec Conv Pkg & SRT option group 1 (think both are std on SRT-8)
SRT option group 2

Agreed with dealer for MSRP - pricing to follow soon.

I will see my dealer on Tuesday when in town to get a printout of order and verify I have fully loaded it with all the bells and whistles.

"NO SPECIAL DEALER INSTALLED OVERSPRAYED UNDERCOATING PLEASE"

Hope to start seeing 2008s on the road soon - dealer expects his one allocation around June 10th - we'll see?

Cheers
Eric
Congrats, Bud.

The dealer told me we should have pricing by early June.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks, Bud. I AM a very fortunate guy. My wife knows how hard I work and how much I've sacrificed. She gave me "carte blanche" ordering the car (I only added the upgraded stereo and F1 tires to the 6 speed manual) and will travel with me to pick it up when it's delivered. She's the greatest blessing God's ever given me. I thank him every day for her.
Bootcamp, that is awesome. Thanks for sharing. What a great testimony you are to others.

Quick Reply: HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO ORDER A 2009 YET?