Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Help about this problem with the 08's ...

Old 10-21-2008, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help about this problem with the 08's ...

After reading all this stuff ... I have some questions. I got off the phone with 3 people at my dealer where I got the car from and all of them don't know the 09 even has LSD and there all treating me like a moron.

- This has happened once documented out of 6400 cars .... or has this been reoccuring ?

I really don't wanna wait 3 years down the line and POP , then 10k will have to be forked up ...

So I have a call in to an attourney who has won 2 lemon law cases for my family ....

I am going to speak with the owner of the dealership who is a nice guy , but after talking to my salesman and tech people. seems like i'm goinna be singled out on this one ... but I do not want to ride around in a car that can't handle the HP.

But if this only happend once what's the big deal ? The cars been out a long time and this is the first i've heard of this.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:39 AM

Default RE: Help about this problem with the 08's ...

This is the only instance we know of. I'd say less then 1% of the new SRT8 Challenger owners visit this site. I said all that to say, once is too many.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

I'd say less then 1% of the new SRT8 Challenger owners visit this site.
You can probably get a pretty good idea of how many by checking the number of 08s listed on dodgechallengerregistry.com: 298.

Unfortunately, folks, this is the main drawback to buying the first year of ANY car. If there's going to be a major problem, this will be when it happens. And this isn't to say there also aren't going to be other, shared problems between the 08s and 09s. Just producing 6400 units wasn't much of a shakedown of a new model.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:28 AM

Keep us posted and be sure to tell your lawyer that you have a lot of "interested" owners standing by for details. Hope it works out for you, and for that matter all of us.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:42 AM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey
Unfortunately, folks, this is the main drawback to buying the first year of ANY car. If there's going to be a major problem, this will be when it happens. And this isn't to say there also aren't going to be other, shared problems between the 08s and 09s. Just producing 6400 units wasn't much of a shakedown of a new model.
Yeah but... the Challenger is on a shortened Charger/300 chassis - is the Challenger's rear axle unique to it, or do the Charger/300/Magnum all share the same axle? Have any of those SRT models had the same snapping halfshaft issue? I'm not asking to be a smartarse, I'm genuinely curious.

Sounds like another good reason I waited for an 09.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:31 PM

I found some good info on challenger talk.com about the half shaft problems. The Charger, 300; Magnums had a recall on this. Hope this may help!

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...s-delays-5020/
Old 10-21-2008, 02:26 PM

A couple more sites:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...s-delays-5020/

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...er_magnum.html

I think we should keep an eye on this one.

is challenger talk dot com a bad word?
Old 10-21-2008, 02:56 PM

I don't understand one thing though ....

If you go through a list of every car and report the worst problem in each one ... I think this would put us in a good situation.

I'm not saying this guy was driving crazy , but maybe he just got a lemon?

BUDMAN put twin turbos on his car , there are people that drive insane literally and yet only ONE report.

I know all the guys here don't "drive like grandmas" , so i'm really thinking maybe this was upgraded because the MANUAL transmission required it ?

I'm going to my dealer monday of next week and getting an extended warranty anyway .... but that's all i'm going to do as of right now until I feel a need for concern.

One guys car got messed up .... that's not really a lot of evidence to support my claim.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:30 PM

Yes, lets do watch this one.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:43 PM

that second link "consumer affairs article" seems less then legit considering I searched and could find no such thing about the recall ...

and the recall was for a bolt holding the half shaft. Which was on the Chargers ...

Quick Reply: Help about this problem with the 08's ...