Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   How Much is Too Much? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/how-much-too-much-1273/)

zman 04-26-2007 05:17 PM

RE: How Much is Too Much?

For me it looks like if I can't get the SRT or an R/T version with the 6.1 at least for about 50k Can, I may have to wait until year two of production. Hope it does't get as high as 60k, cause for another 7k you can get into a much more refined set of wheels, like a Vette.

TechmanBD 04-26-2007 05:55 PM

Or the Porsche Cayman S.[8D]

Jeremiah 29:11 04-26-2007 07:14 PM

ORIGINAL: lear4406

Patience is a virtue. And its what car salesmen hate the most. Car fever is what they want from their customers. So I'm with you on the waiting. I put money into my savings account like I'm making a car payment. So I hope to be ahead of the game by game time.
My plan exactly.

Cuda340 04-27-2007 06:55 AM

I am sure that DCX will be doing market studies to see what the Challenger's competion is selling for (i.e., Camaro, Mustang, GTO, Corvette). They will not price themselves out of the market.

In southern NJ, standard Corvette's are now being discounted for $40,000.

bigwhitebird29 04-27-2007 09:31 PM

I’ve mentioned this before on a previous forum so you might have read this....

Some of you are talking about waiting till 2009 to purchase the challenger for more options, lower price, etc. But I would like to remind you about the history of muscle car value. First generation collectors are more valuable than second generation collectors... regardless of options. Hence, the 2008 stock, no options challenger will be worth more than the 2009 challenger with options comes 30+ years from now. Options are great; we all love a little more luxury. But future value of this collector’s item may be something to consider.

Oh and one more thing to add... I actually learned about this awesome car about a month ago while going to a ford dealer looking to purchase a 2007 Ford Mustang ShelbyGT500 (down payment in hand, ready to sign papers mind you) and while talking to the sales rep about the shelbyGT he had on the floor, he mentioned other hotrods in comparison. The new 2008 Dodge Challenger was one of them. Stupid sales rep just lost a sale, LOL... I’m glad he did it, Now I’m on the wait for this hot new Challenger which I will have yet another years worth of car payments for a down payment :D

Mustangs hot, Corvettes snott, and the Challenger just blew em both away.....

Jeremiah 29:11 04-27-2007 09:44 PM

Hence, the 2008 stock, no options challenger will be worth more than the 2009 challenger with options comes 30+ years from now.
My thoughts:

1. The first year of anything will be hard to get unless you live in a big city with 5 star dealerships. (Rumors are 30-50K in the first year WW) Not all dealerships will get them.

2. The first year cars will be expensive.

3. The first year cars may have a few bugs and hopefully fixed and enhancements in the 2 year.

4. If I wait to sell it until it is worth selling (30 years so you say), I will be dead by then. For that matter, there are no guarantees about tomorrow for any of us.

5. I will hold on to it for 15-20 years and give it to my sons.

I am all about enjoying today.

You must must be a young "buckaroo". ( said like in the Hunt for Red October by Sean Connery) LOL!

Nags 04-29-2007 12:19 AM

any body who pays over MSRP for anything is retarted. i'm sorry thats just my opion. i don't mean to offend any one on here

Cuda340 04-30-2007 07:41 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: bigwhitebird29

I’ve mentioned this before on a previous forum so you might have read this....

Some of you are talking about waiting till 2009 to purchase the challenger for more options, lower price, etc. But I would like to remind you about the history of muscle car value. First generation collectors are more valuable than second generation collectors... regardless of options. Hence, the 2008 stock, no options challenger will be worth more than the 2009 challenger with options comes 30+ years from now. Options are great; we all love a little more luxury. But future value of this collector’s item may be something to consider.

Oh and one more thing to add... I actually learned about this awesome car about a month ago while going to a ford dealer looking to purchase a 2007 Ford Mustang ShelbyGT500 (down payment in hand, ready to sign papers mind you) and while talking to the sales rep about the shelbyGT he had on the floor, he mentioned other hotrods in comparison. The new 2008 Dodge Challenger was one of them. Stupid sales rep just lost a sale, LOL... I’m glad he did it, Now I’m on the wait for this hot new Challenger which I will have yet another years worth of car payments for a down payment :D

Where do you think you are going to buy a 2008 Challenger stock with no options?

If the Charger SRT is any indication, dealers order them with Option Groups 1, 2, and 3. Also, some have the Super Bee Option, as well as sunroofs. This is how they maximize their profits. I expect that the same thing will happen with the Challenger.

A base 2007 Charger SRT sells for $35,920. Now tack on the following:

Option 1 (dual zone A/C, heated seats, etc)= $ 675
Option 2 (Kicker stereo)= $1,275
Option 3 (navigation system)= $2,335
Sunroof= $ 950
Super Bee= $1,900
TOTAL= $7,135 (17% ot the total cost)

MSRP with all of the above options= $43,055. Selling price (per edmunds.com)= $41,511.

The problem will be trying to find a dealer who will order you one without all of this garbage, or who will heavily discount these options. Unfortunately, this probably won't occur until 2009.

Lemhi 05-30-2007 11:40 AM

I was thinking about the shelby as well. Until I heard about the challenger.
I do not like ford too much but i do like the classic shelbys... 1967 it looks mean and lovely ...
However.. chevy is bringing out the camero in 2008.
I wonder if there is like a web site where you can compare all three cars.
I am a chic.. I want options.. fully loaded.. hell if iam going to spend the money i want some fun.
:D

McDonald 05-30-2007 03:18 PM

Just know your on the right forum!! ;) Camaro is ugly and just as ugly in person.. An embarrassment to GM but if they want to build it the Challenger will dominate it in looks.. In my opinion Gt500 is a lot better looking than the Camaro. But the 6.4L 392 Hemi all motor will dominate the Supercharged Gt with body kit and stripes GT500.