Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   how are your local cops? any tickets? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/how-your-local-cops-any-tickets-4745/)

jh27_1970 09-21-2008 05:32 AM

how are your local cops? any tickets?

I live in a rural area and the local cops are a pritty good bunch of bubbas, They have looked over my car all smiles (not saying a word about no front plate :) ) I havnt passed any at over 70 in 55 yet ..but 69 seems fine ... so how many have gotten pulled ? any tickets? or just a look over ?

Paladin06 09-21-2008 05:35 AM

RE: how are your local cops? any tickets?

I've been pulled over a number of times but just to look at the car.

dcxfan 09-21-2008 06:44 AM

well i got my first ticket yesterday....ooooh what fun that was....i got invited to go on a ride with the charger forum ...16 of us cruised from oceanside to julian a which was nice and a lot of really nice guy although on the crazy side...figure this one out here i am cruising threw the mountains 4th from the rear of 16 cars all who had tinted windows out of the 16 1 300c and little me in my challenger being a good girl.. the cop on a single lane mountain road passes 3 of the chargers to pull me over. I am thankful that thats all he was able to get me for.
this car is so much fun i hope you all are enjoying yours as i am.....

shaky-2 09-21-2008 08:09 AM

what did he get you for ?

dcxfan 09-21-2008 08:38 AM

just tinted windows...if he was 5 minutes earlier he would have got me for more..its hard to keep my foot out of it....lol

BLK 6050 09-21-2008 09:02 AM

Seems as if everytime I am crusing on the freeway and look in the mirror there is a patrol car in the distance....just lurking and watching. The other day I was so "into" crusing down the road, just enjoying my Challenger that I wasn't watching my speed, until....a sheriff's officer came up beside me in his Charger patrol car and gave me a thumbs up. I looked down and I was crusing at 75.....he then took off leaving me without any hassle....lucky for me that he must have been a car guy. I could just picture this officer tasing follow officers in order to get the Charger instead of a Ford or Chevy.......

Jeremiah 29:11 09-21-2008 09:42 AM

In our town in central Texas, they will nail you just for excessive acceleration. Which is obviously subjective?

I think the question you should ask the officer is, how many G's do you think I was pulling? If he doesn't know
then he should let you go. :D

Of course, if you don't have a G force meter then you can't ask that question.

snooter 09-21-2008 10:57 AM

2 issues are mandatory tickets for myself....1 is loud stereo with 2 being squealing of tires.....everything else depends on your attitude

PS: should have added any jacking around when skol kids are walking home from skol is mandatory ticket and i will tack on everything else i can find (no front plate/tinted windows.etc)..that i do not tolerate

Rudy61SRT8 09-21-2008 11:07 AM

just pulled over once just to look at the car .

I've never been pulled over in traffic for a ticket since i've started driving. (4 years)

DraganeeRacing 09-21-2008 12:24 PM

I am the police.. so i have nary a worry

trev 09-21-2008 12:51 PM

...and then then 5-o showed up on the forum and everything changed...
haha

no plates no stop.... see ya!

but i think the local cops are smarter then that around where I live, i haven't had any issues

are city is so in debt from cops blowing it; the last thing they need is to pull some one over for some petty crap and get sued.

they get in trouble for excessive force constantly(where i'm at).
the crime rate where i live is nearly non-existent. so it really is not necessary, no one really goes out after 9pm, the whole town pretty much shuts down.
and the speed limit only goes over 25 once in the whole town. almost got there radar taken away by the state, so they raised some speed limits.

seriously tho, I don't have any problem with getting a million front license plate tickets or tint tickets, whatever.
it gives the cops something to do where I live, and I know I'm not a criminal so it really doesn't bother me. it just makes them look bad.

let'em dig their own grave.

snooter 09-21-2008 01:21 PM

oh thats good...i am above the law...hahahha...

trev 09-21-2008 02:52 PM

how so?

rtfromnc 09-23-2008 04:50 PM

Of all places I was pulled in a school zone....so the cop could look at my car! I offered to let him drive it if let me drive his unmarked car but he said he could not do it.

rdsii 09-23-2008 05:45 PM

For the most part I have no issues. Day one road work on the way to work. Police were controling traffic. So the officer approched my car. I was like oh no what did I do... But all he wanted to do is check it out. It turns heads of almost all officers.. So far no issues!!