Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

how are your local cops? any tickets?

Old 09-21-2008, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how are your local cops? any tickets?

I live in a rural area and the local cops are a pritty good bunch of bubbas, They have looked over my car all smiles (not saying a word about no front plate ) I havnt passed any at over 70 in 55 yet ..but 69 seems fine ... so how many have gotten pulled ? any tickets? or just a look over ?
Old 09-21-2008, 05:35 AM

Default RE: how are your local cops? any tickets?

I've been pulled over a number of times but just to look at the car.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:44 AM

well i got my first ticket yesterday....ooooh what fun that was....i got invited to go on a ride with the charger forum ...16 of us cruised from oceanside to julian a which was nice and a lot of really nice guy although on the crazy side...figure this one out here i am cruising threw the mountains 4th from the rear of 16 cars all who had tinted windows out of the 16 1 300c and little me in my challenger being a good girl.. the cop on a single lane mountain road passes 3 of the chargers to pull me over. I am thankful that thats all he was able to get me for.
this car is so much fun i hope you all are enjoying yours as i am.....
Old 09-21-2008, 08:09 AM

what did he get you for ?
Old 09-21-2008, 08:38 AM

just tinted windows...if he was 5 minutes earlier he would have got me for more..its hard to keep my foot out of it....lol
Old 09-21-2008, 09:02 AM

Seems as if everytime I am crusing on the freeway and look in the mirror there is a patrol car in the distance....just lurking and watching. The other day I was so "into" crusing down the road, just enjoying my Challenger that I wasn't watching my speed, until....a sheriff's officer came up beside me in his Charger patrol car and gave me a thumbs up. I looked down and I was crusing at 75.....he then took off leaving me without any hassle....lucky for me that he must have been a car guy. I could just picture this officer tasing follow officers in order to get the Charger instead of a Ford or Chevy.......
Old 09-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

In our town in central Texas, they will nail you just for excessive acceleration. Which is obviously subjective?

I think the question you should ask the officer is, how many G's do you think I was pulling? If he doesn't know
then he should let you go.

Of course, if you don't have a G force meter then you can't ask that question.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:57 AM

2 issues are mandatory tickets for myself....1 is loud stereo with 2 being squealing of tires.....everything else depends on your attitude

PS: should have added any jacking around when skol kids are walking home from skol is mandatory ticket and i will tack on everything else i can find (no front plate/tinted windows.etc)..that i do not tolerate
Old 09-21-2008, 11:07 AM

just pulled over once just to look at the car .

I've never been pulled over in traffic for a ticket since i've started driving. (4 years)
Old 09-21-2008, 12:24 PM

I am the police.. so i have nary a worry

Quick Reply: how are your local cops? any tickets?