Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   how are your local cops? any tickets? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/how-your-local-cops-any-tickets-4745/)

jh27_1970 09-21-2008 05:32 AM

how are your local cops? any tickets?

I live in a rural area and the local cops are a pritty good bunch of bubbas, They have looked over my car all smiles (not saying a word about no front plate :) ) I havnt passed any at over 70 in 55 yet ..but 69 seems fine ... so how many have gotten pulled ? any tickets? or just a look over ?

Paladin06 09-21-2008 05:35 AM

RE: how are your local cops? any tickets?

I've been pulled over a number of times but just to look at the car.

dcxfan 09-21-2008 06:44 AM

well i got my first ticket yesterday....ooooh what fun that was....i got invited to go on a ride with the charger forum ...16 of us cruised from oceanside to julian a which was nice and a lot of really nice guy although on the crazy side...figure this one out here i am cruising threw the mountains 4th from the rear of 16 cars all who had tinted windows out of the 16 1 300c and little me in my challenger being a good girl.. the cop on a single lane mountain road passes 3 of the chargers to pull me over. I am thankful that thats all he was able to get me for.
this car is so much fun i hope you all are enjoying yours as i am.....

shaky-2 09-21-2008 08:09 AM

what did he get you for ?

dcxfan 09-21-2008 08:38 AM

just tinted windows...if he was 5 minutes earlier he would have got me for more..its hard to keep my foot out of it....lol

BLK 6050 09-21-2008 09:02 AM

Seems as if everytime I am crusing on the freeway and look in the mirror there is a patrol car in the distance....just lurking and watching. The other day I was so "into" crusing down the road, just enjoying my Challenger that I wasn't watching my speed, until....a sheriff's officer came up beside me in his Charger patrol car and gave me a thumbs up. I looked down and I was crusing at 75.....he then took off leaving me without any hassle....lucky for me that he must have been a car guy. I could just picture this officer tasing follow officers in order to get the Charger instead of a Ford or Chevy.......

Jeremiah 29:11 09-21-2008 09:42 AM

In our town in central Texas, they will nail you just for excessive acceleration. Which is obviously subjective?

I think the question you should ask the officer is, how many G's do you think I was pulling? If he doesn't know
then he should let you go. :D

Of course, if you don't have a G force meter then you can't ask that question.

snooter 09-21-2008 10:57 AM

2 issues are mandatory tickets for myself....1 is loud stereo with 2 being squealing of tires.....everything else depends on your attitude

PS: should have added any jacking around when skol kids are walking home from skol is mandatory ticket and i will tack on everything else i can find (no front plate/tinted windows.etc)..that i do not tolerate

Rudy61SRT8 09-21-2008 11:07 AM

just pulled over once just to look at the car .

I've never been pulled over in traffic for a ticket since i've started driving. (4 years)

DraganeeRacing 09-21-2008 12:24 PM

I am the police.. so i have nary a worry