Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

I also just put my card back in my pocket

Old 02-13-2008, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I also just put my card back in my pocket

its a stupid decision if pontiac just ignore the demand. Their lame attempts at a modern GTO that looks nothing more than a mitsi eclipse with a V8 have not sold well and just shows lazyness on their designers part. If it was up to me i would want a piece of the current demand for retro muscle. Imagine a modern superduty T/A! It could go head to head with the challenger and use the new camaro's chassis. Its wasted profit and could be just what poncho need to raise their game
Old 02-13-2008, 04:39 PM

Yeah, Pontiac will really screw up if they don't get in the muscle car wars with a T/A or redesigned GTO.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:59 PM

Was more lazyness on the execs' parts. The car wasn't ever really a gto. Just a rebadged australian car.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:13 PM

i too will not be buying a challenger..i just cannot stand that hard plastic neonish looking cheap ass interior...i too wish more color options were available and the black should have been black and not with that metal flake cheesy looking crap in the paint...i also feel chrysler tried to screw me over on price by releasing such a limited edition and trying to illicit huge adm sums out of my pocket..chrysler forgot who their customer base is..i will not be buying a challenger..i was going to buy a new 09 ram..at this point with chrysler trying to screw me over i will be looking at the 09 f150....this car was not designed by car nuts...rather a bunch of whinney ass'es whose sole purpose was trying to pass a fast one on me..sorry you lose my money..and hopefully others go down the street and buy something else too..i wanted this car (the only one in town got sold to the dealers cousin-another nail in the coffin)..im just mad as hell right now
Old 02-14-2008, 12:08 AM

harsh comments snooter. I back you up on the black paint job. It doesnt do the car justice and they should offer another black.
BUT.. the car is definatley built for car nuts by car nuts. Like others have said...just be glad this car even hit the production line! AND looking so close to the concept as well!! Thats a rare thing!! Even the retro mustang looked a lot less like its concept when it hit production.

I just think Dodge have a very shrewd marketing and sales team who know what they are doing. Creating a lot of hype about the product, generating mass interest and capitalising it. Make a shit load of cash out of the auto models, thus getting rid of a lot of old parts in the stores. (whos gonna buy an auto once the hype dies down anyway?) Then once the heat dies down and they can no longer demand 20k over msrp, they launch a faster better looking and redesigned manual model! The heat is on once again!

Its just business
Old 02-14-2008, 02:38 AM

yea they should offer the car in flat black love flat black i can understand though people dissapointment of the interior though
Old 02-14-2008, 06:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: snooter

i also feel chrysler tried to screw me over on price by releasing such a limited edition and trying to illicit huge adm sums out of my pocket..chrysler forgot who their customer base is..i will not be buying a challenger..i was going to buy a new 09 ram..at this point with chrysler trying to screw me over i will be looking at the 09 f150....this car was not designed by car nuts...rather a bunch of whinney ass'es whose sole purpose was trying to pass a fast one on me..sorry you lose my money..and hopefully others go down the street and buy something else too..i wanted this car (the only one in town got sold to the dealers cousin-another nail in the coffin)..im just mad as hell right now

I disagree with you on two points. First the SRT Challenger was designed by car nuts. Have you read up on the SRT Engineering program or participated in the SRT forum discussions? They are really a cool bunch of guys who love what they are doing- basically taking R/T models and wringing the most out of them in acceleration, handling and braking.

Secondly, it is not Chrysler who is ripping buyers off. It is the dealers. If you don't want to pay over MSRP, like most of us, just wait for the 2009s. By this time next year, if you look around, I am sure that you will be able to find dealers who will sell at MSRP or less- especially the R/T models.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:54 AM

agreed. SRT are proper car guys and any participation they have in any dodge is only a good thing for the customers
Old 02-14-2008, 08:03 AM

hope you guys are right....what really upset myself is the dealers....cuzzin...getting the car without the dealership even allowing the chally to be displayed on the showroom floor for at least a week or two....heck rope it off or whatever...just seems kinda shister looking to me
Old 02-14-2008, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

I'm sure most dealerships will rope it off. The dealership I worked at when the Viper came out, roped it off to drum up traffic. So, any dealer worth his salt, will put that into stipulation, and anyone buying it, would get to keep that as a story along with the car. You know, something to the tune of "I remember when I ordered it, the dealer made a one week waiting time for everyone to come see it in the dealership. I had to visit my own car every night on the way back from work."

I think the intangibles this car offers (as for all cars lusted after) are as much of the pleasure experience as any feature, spec or appearance trait.

Quick Reply: I also just put my card back in my pocket