Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

I changed my mind...I want the dealers to rip people off..

Old 02-15-2006, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I changed my mind...I want the dealers to rip people off..

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

well...i dont knwo about the not returning part...but dodge is seemingly making it harder and harder for the average joe to be an enthusiast, unless youre willing to drive a v6 base model...

The good thing is that there's plenty of nice cars out there, I'm an old timer but I'm not excluding anything....even what's called a tuner car if need be.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Administrator

well, look at paladin..he is an older gentleman..older than most "tuners" anyway..and he has a fast damn import!
Old 02-16-2006, 12:41 AM

hey guys, i just read the new issue of the MPH magazine, pretty sweet looking pics too of the challenger with the mustang gt500 and chevy camaro. my 2 cents... i dont think this car will (if it is into production) compete with the mustang, it will compete with the gt500. there is absolutely not one word anywhere to where it says anything about a smaller model. i think dodge will only come out with one trim, the one with the 6.1 hemi 6-speed, priced at 38k, figure after dealer fees and them upping the price tag.... ummm, im alil mad now, lol! [:@]
Old 02-16-2006, 07:59 AM

Thanks for the comps but "gentlemen" Hummmm, never been called that before. Is it a good thing?
Old 02-16-2006, 10:21 AM

Jeez, we're pretty close in age.... I've never had Strat refer to ME that way... yet.... and I hope he doesn't!!
Old 02-16-2006, 11:43 AM
Administrator

well, "older guy" doesnt have the same respectful ring as "older gentlemen"....hell, my dad is 68, and has a 5 series BMW with deafening exhaust, a sport suspension, a short throw shifter, etc...and when i lived at home,i drove the bmw, and he often drove my stratus which is very "tunerish" as well...
Old 02-17-2006, 07:52 AM

ORIGINAL: deranged

ORIGINAL: DARK AGE 53

I've posted this before on another forum, Build it and we will come/buy.....Gouge us and we will walk ", and BTW not to return.

Well said!

I might return but DCX needs to hear this. ALOT of people have waited a LONG TIME for THIS CAR, I'm talking DECADES not a few years and if it is built as an exclusive type vehicle that a limited number of people can afford I'm afraid that they will lose alot of the longtime faithful. Not to mention turn away those who might have made this car their first Dodge product if it hadn't been for the prohibitive price. I hope they really think this thing through and don't think that because of their current success that people will just pay any price to be a part of this success. I have always owned Dodge and Chrysler products in general because of the value and performance you get with them. Let's hope this remains the case!

ARE YOU LISTENING DCX?
Old 02-17-2006, 08:21 AM

It could end up as another Viper.... something we all would like, but just can't afford. That would be a big mistake.... they would alienate the very people this car is designed to win back!
Old 02-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know if this will be a repeat of the GTO. Unlike the GTO, this car is true to its roots in styling, unlike the GTO which is just the styling of a 1997-2003 Grand Prix coupe, with more muscle and a much higher price. I think they could still succeed. If it is priced just like the GT500, I don't imagine they will have much trouble selling them because they would be very close in performance. It could work is what I'm saying.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-28-2006, 05:46 PM

i like to call it the "New GTO Theory"...

GM charged a fortune for the new goat..so when it came out, all of the people who "had to have one", got one...for top dollar. Sales numbers are great, so they put together some bigger production numbers for the following year, and now the once-38 thousand dollar LS2 GTO can be had for under 30 grand...because there is no demand for them at an almost forty thousand dollar price tag...

so i do see where he is coming from,but id rather that it was just affordable...whether it is priced at 28,000 to compete with the mustang or (foolishly) priced at 40 grand...the stealership will surely balloon the price right off the bat.
I own an 04 GTO. Bought it in 04 and paid way less that sticker plus GM cash back, but then I bought it off of a dealer friend that I went to school with. HA HA HA. But yes, the dealers were getting 10k over sticker when they first came out. Sticker on the GTO was $33,190. Once some of the dealers realized that they were loosing sales because of this, their pricing became more reasonable, and late in the model year with rebates prices came down to about $28,500. For the 05 year dealers were still trying to get sticker, but again the same thing happened. Same for 06, but now I wonder, with the General discontinuing the GTO, if the dealers might try to bring that price up again.

First year's production were to be 18,000 units but the demand just wasn't there and the total production fell short of just 16,000 units. Because of lack luster sales, GM's forecast of the 05 was to be 12,000 units. Again production was cut short but not as much this year, with just a little over 11,000 units. We'll have to see what 06 brings as I don't know production #'s for the 06's. I personally think that the dealers that were gouging, and there were alot of them doing this, really hurt the cars sales potential. The car was discontinued because of government regs. It would cost to much to bring the current platform up to snuff. Most buyers knew that the GTO would be in for production for only 3 years becaues of the regs.

I don't know if this will be a repeat of the GTO. Unlike the GTO, this car is true to its roots in styling, unlike the GTO which is just the styling of a 1997-2003 Grand Prix coupe, with more muscle and a much higher price.
The GTO was never meant to be a resto mod like the stang, but an evolution of the car had it stayed in production all these years. If you look at the last years of its production in the 70's, you'll see that evolution. Can't say if the GTO will be back and if it does what it will look like. I wish the General luck with the Camaro and hopefully the GTO.

I personally love my GTO and will not part with it. It is a very fast car. I have no manufacture loyalty, I like cars from just about all brands. I just happen to like the Challenger. If and when the Challenger comes out, and if it stays true to the concept car, I'll buy one, and have another great car for my small collection.[sm=happybounce.gif]

BUILD IT .......[sm=massbounce.gif].......GO DODGE

Quick Reply: I changed my mind...I want the dealers to rip people off..