Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   I HATE DODGE DEALERS (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/i-hate-dodge-dealers-2062/)

kevin2323 12-01-2007 11:45 PM

I HATE DODGE DEALERS

so i went on ebay to see if they had already begun the B.S auctions and behold i was right. There is an auction starting at 10k reserve not met for people to bid on the 20081/2 dodge challenger over msrp not the car price but how much you are willing to pay over msrp. I Knew this is what was going to happen, this just took the anticipation out of me, i dont think i will purchase this car in 09 like i planned because i know they are still going to gouge a year later like they still gouge shelbys. also i spoke to my friends dad who owns dadeland dodge down here in miami and he says he is getting 2 challengers , one he is keeping and the other one is going to a client who is first on a 40 person waiting list and offered 200 grand for the limited challenger. this really does disgust me. I think im going to get a caymen and save money later on to buy myself a classic 72 challenger which by far looks better than the new one. NO offense to the new one its beautiful but nothing beats the original.

heres the site just incase you all want to bid haha ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...QQcmdZViewItem

Yankee 12-02-2007 03:19 AM

RE: I HATE DODGE DEALERS

Pontiac dealers were doing the same thing right before the GTO came out in 04 - which is a funny thing because I was able to get my 04 in Sep of 04 for about 5 thou LESS than MSRP, when just 6 months before that some dealers were taking no less than 5 thou OVER that.

Guess once Pontiac realized they had a real sales dud on their hands they cut that out REAL quick. Which is when I moved in for the kill. ;)

Cuda340 12-02-2007 03:24 AM

I am waiting until 2009 to buy my SRT Challenger.

After the initial frenzy wears off, I expect to buy my Challenger for under MSRP.

There are even a few dealers who are selling the 2008 for MSRP. Unfortunately, they are in the minority.

Look around and don't be afraid to buy out-of-state. Also, deal with the Internet sales manager.

;)

JJMPB 12-02-2007 08:26 AM

that cause the gto looks like a cavalier just like the charger looks like crap the restyled gto should bring back the price gouging lets see in 2010 when they restyle the charger what it looks like

Rich Knapp 12-02-2007 09:18 AM

My wife and I ordered or 04 GTO before production. We were lucky we had to pay msrp but nothing less. We loved our GTO but we did do some retro moding to it. We lost it due to one of my x-wifes. We are looking at a Challanger now but we plan on buying in Aug. I guess if the price gouging isn't over our dealer will loose a sale and we will use a canection we have and buy direct.

Cuda340 12-02-2007 01:51 PM

"We are looking at a Challanger now but we plan on buying in Aug."

Reply:

Do you expect any of the 5,000 to still be available by then? The 2009s go into production in July. Why not wait for a 2009?

Jeremiah 29:11 12-02-2007 04:50 PM

I expect the 5K Limited Edition Challengers to be sold out by the end of December if not sooner. We shall see very soon.

dodgeit100677 12-03-2007 03:16 AM

Here's another with a buy it now of $18990 over MSRP. THis is a bunch of bullsnot! Chrysler should release all dealers and sell this car straight from the factory, and ship it directly to the consumers. [:@]

awsure 12-03-2007 07:58 AM

How would one even know if these @#$%! on eBay have a vehicle to sell? I do not see anything indicating they are dealers.

Rich Knapp 12-03-2007 11:29 AM

the dealer in our town is saying 10 to $15,000.00 over msrp because of there long wating list. so how much over will they ask for the ones that come later?

Albeeno 12-03-2007 12:31 PM

All I want to say is that anybody out there who didn't think there would be excessive dealer gouging ESPECIALLY on a limited-edition, all new Challenger has $hit for brains! End of story.

DSkippy 12-04-2007 09:27 AM

Money Hit for brains? I don't get it? ;)

Rich Knapp 12-04-2007 11:04 AM

As much as i would love a challanger I am starting to lean toward a Mustang GT all because of greedy dealerships. [>:] I went threw it with my 04 GTO NEVER AGAIN I learned my leason the hard way.

hemicuda 12-04-2007 11:49 AM

My recommendation is to just be patient. I have seen this done over and over again by various brand dealers at new model launch, most recently when the SRT-10 Rams were introduced back in 2004. Just let all the hype settle down a little bit and the price will drop down to normal. Personally, I think the price drop will come quickly because for 2008 it is going to be a crowded marketplace for performance cars with release of other new models such as the new Mitsubishi Evo X, the Nissan GTR as well as the near future release of the Camaro and ZR-1 Corvette.

Albeeno 12-04-2007 11:58 AM

I got "bent over" for lack of a better term when I bought my `05 GT in `05. In fact, not only did I get bent over, I drove all the way from Boston to Dayton, OH for the treatment! Why did I drive all the way out there, you ask? Because as soon as I saw the newly designed Mustang I began to dream about it (literally!)...stuff like - what it would it be like to own one myself; how much fun would I have cruising around, etc. Now the only problem was the GTs weren't lasting more then 2-3 days tops on the dealer lots (at least in The People's Republic of Massachusetts...I can't speak to other markets within the country). Also, I was admittedly, being very picky about the exterior color, specific options that were must-haves, a 5 spd manual and of course the all important rims. I searched low and high for 10+ months until I finally found her on Yahoo Autos sitting on a lot in Ohio of all places. Nothing against Ohio of course, but that's one helluva long way to go for a freakin Mustang! Nevertheless...we got the deal done over the phone and I fully realized I was forfeiting any and all leverage entering this negotiation...point being they had me by the short & curlys and they knew it! Truth be told - I paid MSRP and not a dollar more. I guess there's a first for everything....

What I just described a moment ago like deaming about the car, picturing my first road trip, my first smoke show, etc., completely applies to the new Challenger. It's like deja vu all over again. Despite my intention to hold out for the 2009s, I have a strange feeling that as soon as I see that glowing orange beauty out there on the battlefield, I know my patience will finally wear out.

PS: On a bit of a side note - I went to the New England Auto Show last Friday in Boston and the Challenger was by far the prettiest girl at the dance! She also received the the most ooooohs and aaaaahs, the largest crowd, the most pictures...you name it. I purposely stood there on the sidelines for about 30 minutes just to witness other people's reaction. This included fellow enthusiasts like ourselves to the drop jawed teenager dragging Dad by the wrist to show him the new Challenger all the way to the prototypical Soccer Mom and it was really something else, to say the least. I didn't hear a single, negative comment the entire time I was there. Unless you want to consider "I wonder what kind of mileage it's gonna get" as negative. I can only imagine the reaction the driver/owner will get in "real life".

Jeremiah 29:11 12-04-2007 03:29 PM

Rich Knapp, all I can see is be patient and you will get what you want in the end.

Albeeno, you are right. There is nothing like seeing this beast in person and that the pictures on the web just do not do the Hemi Orange color
and that body shape justice.

Rich Knapp 12-05-2007 06:36 AM

Thanks guys for putting me back in perspective. I will wait it out. I look back to my 04 gto and remember the pride I had. I had one of the only Cosmos purple in WI. and mine was the only 6 speed. Then when I got done with my retro look mods I even had a very wealthy dealership owner drewling over it. So ya I will wait. Again thanks guys for screwing my head back on. :D

Cuda340 12-05-2007 09:12 AM

I have found from talking to a lot of Charger R/T and SRT owners that you should be willing to travel to get the best deal.

When the 2009 models come out, I will check out my local Dodge dealers in the Philadelphia/southern New Jersey/Delaware area. If they are unreasonably high (expected), I will contact dealers out-of-state up to 500 miles away who sell large numbers of SRTs for the best price.

I checked with the SRT engineers during one of the chat sessions and they advised me that there would be no problem driving a new 6.1 SRT a great distance, as long as you stay away from wide open throttle.

Rich Knapp 12-05-2007 09:18 AM

no holding it to the floor well now were is the fun in that [8D] I may have to do that because they sell a lot of SRT's here but also lots of deep pockets also so may have to travel.

DSkippy 12-05-2007 11:21 AM

If you're hailing from Jersey, consider purchasing from VA dealer. I have purchased two vehicles from VA and there's some sort of glitch where NJ DMV after trying to correct them multiple times, they insist Sales Tax is paid. Yeah. Car sans sales tax. Maybe they figured this out by now, but I've done it twice even asked "Are you sure I owe not sales tax?", Yep showed you paid already.

I'll give it a third shot. I used to sell Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth. Bought my Sienna from the same dealership I used to work at. So I will give them first shot in 09. It's going to be an exciting 08 waiting for these suckers!

Rich Knapp 12-05-2007 11:29 AM

I'm out in Tucson AZ. I know a guy that is a auto broker I have to talk to him and see what he could pull.

DSkippy 12-05-2007 11:45 AM

Hell as far as getting a bargain. I'd drive out to the left coast if it were a serious deal. That would be half of the excitement. I will certainly drive 1000 miles to get it (or fly one way and drive that puppy back), nice little ergonomics stress test.

Mikesan 12-05-2007 12:10 PM

This will soon enough be a mass produced car. They'll simply make fewer Chargers and make more Challengers. A little patience will save you a lot of $$$. Problem is when a bunch of uber-rich dudes pay way over MSRP and dealers soon expect it. If people could show a little restraint, we'd all be able to get one at a reasonable price. Doubt that will happen. Real question is which color to buy. Orange is the most popular. I'm guessing Black then Silver. Silver will be the "rare" one. One with no options even rarer.

hemicuda 12-05-2007 12:16 PM

Honestly, I wish the OEM manufacturers would do something to stem this type of price gouging to the public. Ultimately, it puts a bad taste in everyone's mouth about Dodge as a brand. Also, what is an extra 10-20K to a dealership in the overall scheme of things? just a drop in the bucket.

RLSH700 12-06-2007 04:51 PM

ORIGINAL: hemicuda

Honestly, I wish the OEM manufacturers would do something to stem this type of price gouging to the public. Ultimately, it puts a bad taste in everyone's mouth about Dodge as a brand. Also, what is an extra 10-20K to a dealership in the overall scheme of things? just a drop in the bucket.
They are seperately owned and have very little control. Right now, the relationship between the two is quite tense after how Daimler was treating the dealerships. There are advantages and disadvantages of them being separately owned, but unfortunately that's life for you. "Price gouging" happens pretty much at every dealership, with a possible exception for Saturn as they were built on the no hassel idea. The only thing they can do is to produce more of them. Just wait a while and the demand will go down and the supply will go up just like it does with everything else.

fatcat 12-11-2007 02:28 PM

[:@]I to am getting to hate Dodge Dealers but even more DCM, Chrysler or the new company that took over , just read my other post and you'll see why. I hope someone from DCM or Cerabus is monitoring these web sites, read on.......
To all members who are Dodge salesmen , or work for Dodge , or claim to have some insider connection or anybody that cares to comment . To the moderators please put this to the right subject so I don't step on anyones toes, OK. Now let me cry on all your shoulders a bit as I have been patiently waiting , as we all have , and saving my money for 2 years now, Started off saving for a Dodge Charger but when I saw the first Challenger Concept pics , WOW. Now I'm a semi retired guy and this will probably be my last muscle car and my first NEW muscle car to say the least. Now I have the money to put down and enough saved to pay for this Challenger MSRP so I go to 5 different Dodge dealers in the New Jersey, Penna. area with cash in hand and the letter telling us to go to your local Dodge dealer to put your order in for your new Challenger SRT-8 . What do all thses 5 dealers tell me?....well they all said in one way or another that they have no news to order, no order forms, no authorization, no price lists, and most of all they do not know if they will get an "ALLOCATION " to order 1 or 5 or 10 at all. Now I'd like to know .....IF ANYONE KNOWS .....what the he#% is going on with DCM, Dodge, Chrysler or the new company that took them over??? After saving and waiting along with the rest of you I'm really MAD, SAD, PI3%ed off, disgusted at this company. What in Gods earth is going on , are they selling these cars, are they taking orders, or what???? NONE of the 5 dealers would take a deposit, fill out any kind of order or even promise I'd be on a list....said they were afraid of not being able to deliver on a promise....HAHA HA HA what a joke this whole mess is becoming!!! If anyone would care to answer or reply E-mail me at gs_80_86@yahoo.com or post on here. I'm in ok health now but at my age who knows what happend by the time I can order my new Chalenger??...LOL Anyway thanks to all for lettin me get this off my chest, A LOYAL MOPAR MAN from 1957 till now, FATCAT [:@]

davidstan 12-11-2007 02:57 PM

Did you contact more than the 5 dealers? I called 14 dealers before i found one wanting to take a order. Most of the dealers (and i think you ran up against this) wanted to get the cars in there showrooms and auction to the highest bidder. These dealers would not take an order from me even if it was above msrp. The salesmen were kept dumb so in every case i had to talk to the GM