Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

I HATE DODGE DEALERS

Old 12-01-2007, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I HATE DODGE DEALERS

so i went on ebay to see if they had already begun the B.S auctions and behold i was right. There is an auction starting at 10k reserve not met for people to bid on the 20081/2 dodge challenger over msrp not the car price but how much you are willing to pay over msrp. I Knew this is what was going to happen, this just took the anticipation out of me, i dont think i will purchase this car in 09 like i planned because i know they are still going to gouge a year later like they still gouge shelbys. also i spoke to my friends dad who owns dadeland dodge down here in miami and he says he is getting 2 challengers , one he is keeping and the other one is going to a client who is first on a 40 person waiting list and offered 200 grand for the limited challenger. this really does disgust me. I think im going to get a caymen and save money later on to buy myself a classic 72 challenger which by far looks better than the new one. NO offense to the new one its beautiful but nothing beats the original.

heres the site just incase you all want to bid haha

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 12-02-2007, 03:19 AM

Default RE: I HATE DODGE DEALERS

Pontiac dealers were doing the same thing right before the GTO came out in 04 - which is a funny thing because I was able to get my 04 in Sep of 04 for about 5 thou LESS than MSRP, when just 6 months before that some dealers were taking no less than 5 thou OVER that.

Guess once Pontiac realized they had a real sales dud on their hands they cut that out REAL quick. Which is when I moved in for the kill.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am waiting until 2009 to buy my SRT Challenger.

After the initial frenzy wears off, I expect to buy my Challenger for under MSRP.

There are even a few dealers who are selling the 2008 for MSRP. Unfortunately, they are in the minority.

Look around and don't be afraid to buy out-of-state. Also, deal with the Internet sales manager.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:26 AM

that cause the gto looks like a cavalier just like the charger looks like crap the restyled gto should bring back the price gouging lets see in 2010 when they restyle the charger what it looks like
Old 12-02-2007, 09:18 AM

My wife and I ordered or 04 GTO before production. We were lucky we had to pay msrp but nothing less. We loved our GTO but we did do some retro moding to it. We lost it due to one of my x-wifes. We are looking at a Challanger now but we plan on buying in Aug. I guess if the price gouging isn't over our dealer will loose a sale and we will use a canection we have and buy direct.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"We are looking at a Challanger now but we plan on buying in Aug."

Reply:

Do you expect any of the 5,000 to still be available by then? The 2009s go into production in July. Why not wait for a 2009?

Old 12-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

I expect the 5K Limited Edition Challengers to be sold out by the end of December if not sooner. We shall see very soon.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:16 AM

Here's another with a buy it now of $18990 over MSRP. THis is a bunch of bullsnot! Chrysler should release all dealers and sell this car straight from the factory, and ship it directly to the consumers. [:@]
Old 12-03-2007, 07:58 AM

How would one even know if these @#$%! on eBay have a vehicle to sell? I do not see anything indicating they are dealers.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:29 AM

the dealer in our town is saying 10 to $15,000.00 over msrp because of there long wating list. so how much over will they ask for the ones that come later?

Quick Reply: I HATE DODGE DEALERS