Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

I just had a day that made my month

Old 06-16-2010, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just had a day that made my month

Hey guys,

Just have a quick story to share that surprised me a bit. I was up at a local Dodge Dealer driving my mother up to pick up her Jeep that was just serviced and I get to talking to a salesman about the Challengers. He caught me eyeing a new Blue SRT. So we start up a conversation about it and he offers me a TEST DRIVE. Now i'm 23 and just finished paying off my mustang, still stuck in a low end retail job so I couldn't afford it, and I explained this to him but he didn't care! He let me take a rather long test drive of the car. I have to say I've always liked the challenger by looks, but now that I've driven it wow it's beyond expectations. They really have a great car there.

Just a fun little ramble. I apologize but this seriously made my month. I haven't had a smile plastered on my face that long in a very long time.

Thanks for reading my ramble,

Mike
Old 06-16-2010, 06:03 PM

Mike, That's EXACTLY why we are soooo happy with the Dodge Boys
Old 06-16-2010, 06:26 PM

mike I have to admit, I don't like Dodges and even more so after my 09' mishap, but I have to say I love my Challenger so I admit I'm happy with my 10' Challenger.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:14 PM
caj

Originally Posted by canadiancanuck
mike I have to admit, I don't like Dodges and even more so after my 09' mishap, but I have to say I love my Challenger so I admit I'm happy with my 10' Challenger.
I'm with you there. Not a big fan of Dodge after all the numerous problems that I had with my 93 Dakota. But I love the Challengers!!!!
Old 06-18-2010, 05:03 AM

After driving a MUstang anything will bring a smile to your face, lol. My Challenger bring a smile to my face everytime I drive it.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:25 AM

usually they don't let you test drive an SRT unless your gonna buy it
Old 06-18-2010, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by JJMPB
usually they don't let you test drive an SRT unless your gonna buy it

I lucked out when my wife and I stopped by the local Dodge dealer back in ’08 to look (and only look) at the new Challenger. I had heard all the stories about dealers not letting people test drive Challengers before buying and thought…I would never buy any new car without being able to test drive it first. Anyway, while looking at one of the Challengers, the salesman asked if we wanted to “take it out” on a drive….I thought he was kidding, but he explained that they just happened to have a Chrysler owned demo on the lot that day and that we could take for a drive. We took it out and all the salesman kept saying was don’t wreck it as it’s not ours….but “open it up and see what it will do!”…..It turned out they had not even driven one and wanted to see what it would do.
That test drive sold my wife on the Challenger, and today we have a Challenger SRT8 parked in our garage….Best Dodge I have ever owned….
Old 06-19-2010, 08:43 AM

Hey Hey don't be dissin mustangs now. I happen to like mine.

No you see heres the toughy. Buy one of these or buy a Gen 2 Viper? They are around the same price now.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:34 PM

I had my baby at the Spokane track this weekend, and considering I'm lightly modded, she ran pretty consistant, now for cams and some other performance mods.... we should see 14's maybe??? hahaha
Old 07-01-2010, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mopar Muscle
Hey Hey don't be dissin mustangs now. I happen to like mine.

No you see heres the toughy. Buy one of these or buy a Gen 2 Viper? They are around the same price now.
Both are awesome. The Viper is a focused, brutal sportscar, the Challenger is a muscle car. Viper is lighter, faster, corners better, and has little or no practicality. The Challenger is better for daily driving or road trips, while still deilvering style and performance. Cost of ownership is probably going to be higher on a used Viper rather than a new Challenger. I don't know many people who drive a Viper every day, but if you do, more power to ya!