Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

I pulled trigger!!!

Old 01-02-2009, 09:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I pulled trigger!!!

A friend told me if I planned to buy a new Challenger then I should do it now 30th or 31st. So I found one in Charlotte R/T 6-speed Brilliant Black. It was a little more optioned for my taste and had a sun roof, which I did not want. But as I thought I might get a deal I proceded to go after work and see what would happen. I decided to stop in Concord NC and just look and see what they might have and then procede to Charlotte and start the deal. I pulled into the dealership and was greeted by a salesman ( real nice guy with no BS) his name was Shawn. He asked if I wanted to look at a car and I asked if they had any 6-speed Challengers. One. An inferno-red. Beautiful car and priced at $39,000 not really what I was looking for. And it had a sun roof. But he asked how serious I was about buying and I told him a black 6-speed and the right price... dead serious. He told me they have other dealers that might have that car and he would look if I wanted him to. Sure. So he located a Black R/T 6-speed and the wheels were turning. He gave me a list of what the car had, Great 20" wheels track pack, no sun roof 6-speed and basic. He asked if i was ready to deal and I said sure... price? He went to the Mngr. and they came back with a nice offer, $ 34,800. I said nice... but I'm thinking $32,000. He went back to the Mngr. and returned with $33,800. In my mind I had the # $33,500. And done deal. I asked for $33,00 and he said your killing me but with a big smile. So he went back and this time the Mngr. came back and said how about $ 33,550. And added that they would have to go and get this car. I shook his hand and said you have a deal. I could of gone for more but I felt it was right. They filled out a few promise papers and said they would see me the next day to sign the deal. I added what I wanted the monthly to be and the interest rate. He said he would meet those needs. The next day I got a call from the mngr. with bad news... the other dealer sold my car. He was very appologetic and had looked all over for a black 6-speed. When they could not find one they asked the salesman if there was another Challenger I might be interested in. He said that I had driven the inferno-red one and liked it. So he asked the owner if they could make it right and sell me the red one for the same price. He said if I agreed, to sell me that one at the agreed price of the black one. So as the red was more optioned than the original black one... I pulled the trigger and now own a Infero-Red R/T 6-speed with the 20" wheels and trak pak. Its one nice ride and I have the grin, You can't slap it off my face. This car is awsome in every way and such a joy to drive. I have seen a few Challengers but they were Black and orange ones. I have not seen another in this inferno-red. I will try to post some pictures and let you see my joy.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 01-02-2009, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I pulled trigger!!!

Nice Ride! Congrats! I bought mine in Huntersville NC, the dealership was very nice and had great customer service. I have seen a few black R/T's but no other colors on the road! Enjoy and speed safely!
Old 01-02-2009, 09:30 AM

Nice ride!

Sounds alot like my story.
Local dealer found the car for me, took a deposit, and told me they'd call me back the next day to make arrangements.
They called me the next day and said the car was committed (deposit taken to hold for purchase at the other dealer).
I tracked down my car (I spotted the dealer's name while negotiating the deal). I asked the dealer that had the car what I needed to do to get it. He said there was no purchase pending on the car, they just would not do a dealer trade. My local dealer had lied to me. I drove 4 hours and bought my car from the other dealer. Price was even a couple hundred bucks lower.

In the end, it all worked out, but my local dealer has lost any trust I had in them.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:44 AM

Congratulations, Lear! That is a truly beautiful car! Just one thing, though. Who is the guy with the hoodie and sunglasses in the background of the pic with you and your car? He looks like he's stealing tires! [&:]
Old 01-02-2009, 10:58 AM

Congratulations! Nice car!!! If you make it to Raleigh, NC drop RTFROMNC a line and let's go for a cruise.

RTFROMNC
Challey #138
Old 01-02-2009, 11:06 AM

Very nice looking ride!!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:47 AM

Awesome! Glad to have another Inferno Red'r amongst us
Old 01-02-2009, 02:17 PM

Sounds like a good deal and the dealer was willing to work with you congrates
Old 01-02-2009, 07:49 PM

Lear, glad you finally crossed the bridge and got yourself a sweet looking ride. Nice! Now after all the last few years of being out there, you can for yourself enjoy THE GRIN, oh the wonderful GRIN. Congrats Bro!!
Old 01-02-2009, 08:36 PM

I thought I wanted mine in orange, but could not find one. I went with the Tored in the same configuration as yours. I think the bottom line is that these cars look good in all the colors offered.

Quick Reply: I pulled trigger!!!