Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

I saw it

Old 06-16-2008, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I saw it

Speech . . . . . . less

If you have not yet seen a challenger in person yet find the closest dealer within 200 miles that has a challenger and drive there. The car is basically perfect. The one I saw was hemi orange. I'm pretty sure I now HAVE to have an orange r/t. Anyone who has said pictures don't do it justice is 110% right.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:53 PM

Default RE: I saw it

I saw a black chally in St. Louis at Royal Gate Dodge, your right, the car is perfect. You gotta see it in person . I looked at it for about 20 minutes, the salespeople must have thought I was nuts. They would not let me sit in it. I was going to order today, the salesman said their allocation was filled for '09 on the RT's, but I could buy one they had coming and still be able to "tweek", as he put it, the options I wanted. I dont get it. I just dont know what to think. Why cant I just order a car the way I want it?
Old 06-16-2008, 04:58 PM

wrongway, go to another dealer, these guys aren't treating you with any respect. If you want the name of a good salesmam in the St. Louis area I will be happy to provide, just let me know. RRUNNER
Old 06-16-2008, 05:01 PM

I think car dealers would much prefer for you to buy what they have on their lot (or in this case what they already ordered) rather than help you get exactly what you want. I guess they have money invested in their inventory and they want to get rid of it.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:03 PM

WrongWay, its only my opinion but that dealer is lying to you. go around to a couple of other dealers and tell them you are ready to order a 2009 and you know Dodge is acceptuing orders , your ready to place a small deposit and you know the options and prices! You can find all that info on this forum. After trying 37 dealers in my area I found one that said yes on May15th and my order is in and its in my name so don't let any dealer talk you into waiting because thier allotment is full, they don't even know at this time what thier allotment is untill Dodge knows how many R/T's they will build.t keep trying!! GOOD LUCK FATCAT
Old 06-16-2008, 06:17 PM

That dealer is feeding you a bunch of bull-t. [:@] There is no "allocation" on any '09 cars. You can march into any Dodge store and order whatever you want without restriction. ".....Not let you sit in it..." what a joke. It's just a car for god's sake - that dealer needs to get a grip on reality. Most every dealer is using their first Challenger as a showroom magnet to get people into the store. And yes, the dealers are certainly allowing people to sit in the car - even if it is a sold unit. So, find yourself another dealer and order to your heart's content. I ordered my '09 R/T last week and since then I have brought in four of my buddies and we have all ordered whatever we want with no build constraints. Hell, the dealer is thrilled to be getting orders for pre-sold cars in this miserable market right now !

Old 06-16-2008, 06:18 PM

Yes, RRUNNER, A good Salesperson who knew what he was talking about would be great. Thank You.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:24 PM

I kind of figured there was no allocation, won't they sell as many as they can? Going somewhere else.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:26 PM

Wrongway, the guy I spoke to at Southtown Dodge said they are taking orders on 09s. Royal Gate is full of it. All you need at Southtown is a driver's license and 1,000 bucks. . .
Old 06-16-2008, 06:35 PM

wrongway, take a drive to IL and talk to the good folks at Cassens in Glen Carbon... a big 5 star dealer that will treat you right...

Quick Reply: I saw it