Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Instrument Panel - MPH Instead of Km/h?

Old 02-22-2007, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Instrument Panel - MPH Instead of Km/h?

We make Police Chargers with the Hemi engine !!! Maybe Officer Merv would like one of those..with his speedometer in miles too !!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Rob

Tom.

So what's the deal? Do you think it would be possible for me to get a Challenger with mph on it? I mean if you work there you could just slip a US instrument panel in (woopsie) ...no one would ever notice

Rob
Old 03-08-2007, 09:37 PM

Rob,

according to BAP_WORKER's info from the Brampton plant, the bumpers used on the Canadian cars and U.S. cars are one and the same. Therefore, you could import a U.S. Challenger car into Canada that would meet the Canadian bumper requirements.

Obviously, you would also get the U.S. speedometer to go with it. [sm=happy046.gif] [sm=happy046.gif]

To: Blu Angel
Date: 3/8/2007 10:35:25 AM
Subject: RE: Bumpers on 300/Charger/Magnum Cars

Hi there !!! Sorry about the really slow response.. I asked around the Plant regarding the difference between US and Canadian bumpers. All three replies were the same and the same bumpers are used on them both. ( Please do not take this a definite yes though, wish I could be 100% sure )

BAP_WORKER,

a note of gratitude from all of us on the Dodge Challenger forums for your information.
I appreciate your diligence in getting this info for Rob and all of us.

Kinda cool having our own contact person inside the Brampton plant.
Our own mole on the inside giving us the scoop on what's happening.[sm=chattypair.gif]
Old 03-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Rob

That's great! Thanks Blu and BAP, most appreciated. MPH here I come! It just looks so much cleaner!

Is it just me or do cars seem cheaper in the US anyway?

I realize there's freight and PST and GST and a few other crap taxes, but does it add up to more than the US price? (I was basing it on the price of the Charger SRT)

Rob
Old 03-11-2007, 07:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob

That's great! Thanks Blu and BAP, most appreciated. MPH here I come! It just looks so much cleaner!

Is it just me or do cars seem cheaper in the US anyway?

I realize there's freight and PST and GST and a few other crap taxes, but does it add up to more than the US price? (I was basing it on the price of the Charger SRT)

Rob
A guy I work with bought a new Toyota Highlander in the US. After applicable taxes + duties <edit> AND exchange rate <end edit> he was still ahead of the game by about 10K. It can be very worthwhile, depending on the vehicle. Toyota has really bad Canadian prices. Other companies are not as drastic. Definitely worth looking into.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Rob

That sounds great. Had no idea it would be that much. I will definitely check it out when the time comes.

R