Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Interior leg room

Old 09-22-2007, 07:32 AM
mac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior leg room

Hello, I am new to this forum and have been really excited about the Challenger and plan to purchase one in 2009, however I just saw a picture of the concept's interior and now concerned how much hip and leg room will be available for the driver since the center colum is angled toward the driver.

I am 6 foot 4 and like to have some ability to move my legs and/or have the ability to "spread out" regarding leg position. The angled tranny concerns me for comfort issues. Anyone heard if the production will still have the angled center colum?

Thanks
Old 09-22-2007, 11:26 PM

Default RE: Interior leg room

My wife was concerned about headroom but I hear there is a tilt steering wheel so no problems there. Whew!
Old 09-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

To tell you the truth, I'm really not sure. The Challenger is certainly no tuna can on wheels, I would imagine the leg room would be similar or better than the Charger sedan's is as they are on similarly sized platforms, plus they tend to provide more front leg room on coupes than sedans as generally sedan drivers need the back seat room a lot more frequently than coupe owners. The platform length is around 116 ft long, which is quite large. Out of curosity, what are you currently driving?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-24-2007, 04:31 AM

LOL i am also 6'4 and rather large. So i was scared of the exact same scenario. Of course i was just being foolished because I fit in my Mustang (2002) back in school absolutely fine. I imagine this will have a hell of alot more room than a mustang. No one is certain of course.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: awsure

My wife was concerned about headroom but I hear there is a tilt steering wheel so no problems there. Whew!

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.....

I have to agree with Puthy on this one though. I have an 03 Mustang, and being 6'2 i fit in it just fine.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

I know a lot of people who are around your height and have Mustangs from those eras and claim to be perfectly comfortable. I think you'll be fine.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Administrator

ive not been in a new mustang in a while, but ive had friends with new edge (1999-2004) mustangs, and having been afforded the option of sitting in the challenger for a short time, i found that the challenger has far more leg room than did the new edge stangs. i didnt tinker with the seats at all, but i do know that the seats in the 300 and charger move back quite a bit, much more than i need at 5'10", but i do like to sit away from the pedals due to the knee problems...but the challenger seemed to be a little less in forward leg room than the charger or 300, and the side to side leg room seemed to be about the same...
Old 09-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Really, where do you think the extra leg room went to? The back seat looks from the photos, much smaller which is where I thought the 4 inches went to.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Administrator

i think that it came out of the rear leg room. even the LX sedans/wagon dont have all that much rear leg room is you move the front seat all the way back.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:31 PM
mac

Regarding the question of what I currently drive. I drive a 96 lexus ES300 which has no leg room for me. When I can convince the wife, I drive her 2007 BMW 328xi which has ample leg room. In fact with the seat all the way back, I almost have to much leg room. Very comfortable car to drive in, just don't sit behind me.

Quick Reply: Interior leg room