Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Limited Edition ONLY? Or Are There Others In Production?

Old 01-12-2008, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Limited Edition ONLY? Or Are There Others In Production?

Needless to say, we are all very excited for the Challenger to hit the lots! Ok, Im not THAT up on all the info going around on them, so I figured I would ask. Now, Im reading the word "Limited Edition" everywhere...does that mean all Dodge is making is the limited editions or are there the "non" Limited line arriving as well?
I would rather wait for the craze to die down (and possibly the price) a bit before I go fighting over this car. Im very fortunate because my husband works for a company that allows him to purchase Dodge vehicles for 1% UNDER INVOICE. So, I wont pay markup. Thumbs up!

Im keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to land this car! Money is tight for everyone these days and hopefully I wont have to pass on this beauty due to priority over desire!
So any info on availability would be very cool!
Thanks guys!
Old 01-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Limited Edition ONLY? Or Are There Others In Production?

Well welcome board our family friendly forum.

We already have tons of information on our forum you can read about.

The short version is there is a 2008 Challenger (6.1L/Automatic only) limited edition which means it will have a numbered plaque on the dash. People have been able to buy them since December 3 but for $10-$20K over MSRP but in limited quantities (5K). The limited quantity number has been changing. The production version will be unveiled on Feb 6 at the Chicago Auto show. We hope to hear more about it then. Those 2008 models will be delivered in late Spring. In July approx. you will be able to order a 2009 with a manual transmission and those should arrive in the Fall. We are speculating that there will be more of those and will not have a numbered plaque and should be cheaper. They should also have available V-6 engines as well.

Here is the official press release:

November 29, 2007

Dodge Announces Pricing for All–new 2008 Challenger SRT8

Dodge Challenger SRT8 available for $37,995

The American muscle coupe is back, packed with modern technology and innovation
Demand for contemporary version of iconic pony car drives Dodge to accept orders for the 2008 Challenger SRT8® beginning Dec. 3, 2007
Introduction begins with limited-edition Dodge Challenger SRT8 models - each with numbered dash plaque
Complete, broader Challenger lineup details and pricing still to come
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 models feature 6.1-liter HEMI® V-8 and are available in Black, Silver or HEMI Orange
Auburn Hills, MI

Dodge announced pricing today for the modern interpretation of the American muscle coupe. The 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8® will arrive in showrooms next spring at a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $37,995 (which includes $675 destination).

Due to unprecedented demand, Dodge dealers will begin taking orders on Dec. 3 for the limited-edition 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 models. Each will feature a numbered dash plaque and a 6.1-liter HEMI® V-8 engine. 2008 Challenger SRT8 models will be available in Black, Silver and HEMI Orange. All will feature dual “carbon-fiber” hood stripes, harkening back to the original Dodge Challenger.

“The 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 offers pure American pony-car muscle,” said James Press, Vice Chairman & President – Chrysler LLC. “With styling that stays true to Challenger’s original heritage, an abundance of modern amenities and cutting-edge technology, the 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 will deliver the SRT credo of benchmark performance at a tremendous value.

“The Challenger SRT8 is only the beginning of the story, as we’ll soon follow with a complete lineup of Challenger models that will offer a wide array of features and deliver outstanding value for our customers,” Press added.

Customers may begin placing orders at their Dodge dealer on Monday, Dec. 3. They can expect to take delivery of their vehicle next spring.

The all-new 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 will be built at the Chrysler Canada Assembly Plant in Brampton, Ontario, on the same assembly line with the Dodge Charger, Charger SRT8, Magnum, Magnum SRT8, Chrysler 300 and Chrysler 300 SRT8 vehicles.

Pricing for the complete all-new Dodge Challenger lineup will be announced at a later date.

SRT performance vehicles – including the Dodge Viper SRT10, Dodge Caliber SRT4, Dodge Magnum SRT8, Dodge Charger SRT8, Chrysler 300C SRT8, Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT8, and now, the Dodge Challenger SRT8 – are engineered by Chrysler’s in-house performance organization: Street and Racing Technology.

The all-new 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 showcases the renowned, five key aspects of every SRT vehicle: exterior styling that resonates with the brand image; race-inspired interiors; world-class ride and handling characteristics across a broad range; benchmark braking; and standout powertrain. The all-new 2008 Dodge Challenger S
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:11 PM

>>> Money is tight for everyone these days

That is TOTALLY FALSE!!!
There are ALWAYS things you can do to make more money!
If you don't have as much money as you'd like, then it's merely because
you haven't done enough to earn more.
The universe has infinite wealth.
It's up to us to harvest as much of that wealth as we want by our efforts.
There is no limit to the amount of material resources in the universe.
Therefore it is absolutely ridiculous to claim that "money is tight."

So when you say that money is tight, that is all in your head and you are hurting yourself
and limiting your own income by believing that. It is a completely false belief.

Do not believe anything they say on the TV news about the economy. They know that bad news
gets people to watch, so they are always trying to make everything seem really bad. It's a
big scam and a big load of B.S. This world is awesome and there are tons of rich people just
rolling in dough and having an awesome life.

Winners are optimists and losers are pessimists.
I guarantee you that you will never find a single self-made mutli-millionaire who is a pessimist.
They are all optimists. You HAVE to be optimistic to be successful. Being a pessimist is bad for
you in every way. It's even bad for your health!

So don't complain about the price of the Dodge Challenger. If you don't have enough, then just
get up off your butt and learn how to make more money! If you can't buy one, it's only because
you were too lazy.

Old 01-13-2008, 04:11 AM

No truer words were written but sometimes the truth hurts a little.
On a lighter note...Dodge will be making plenty of these in several price ranges so good luck!
Old 01-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

There is nothing wrong with being a positive thinker.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:51 PM

V6 versions will be available later this year for less than 25K is my guess.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:09 AM

i noticed that the V6 and the 5.7 with mds city/highway gas milage is pretty similar
Old 01-14-2008, 07:24 AM

I've been told by my dealership I work for that the first 4500 or so are going to be the Orange. I am assuming that those first ones are going to be the "Limited Edition" ones with the plaques, but honestly, I don' know. Dodge has not released any information regarding the total number of units for 2008 or any more information about the numbered plaques on the dash.

I'm assuming it will be similar to the Charger Super Bee. Identical to the SRT-8 other than the Super Bee badging, coloring, and the number plaque on the dash.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JJMPB

i noticed that the V6 and the 5.7 with mds city/highway gas milage is pretty similar
That's exactly the experience of the Chargers. Most Charger owners say that there is no reason to buy the V6, other than initial (lower) cost.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:29 AM

It's kinda like my boss got better mileage in his V8 F-150 than he did his V-6 Mazda B-series truck. The car should have a V8. The 5.7l is going to be the best value from performance to gas mileage ratio.

Quick Reply: Limited Edition ONLY? Or Are There Others In Production?