Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   lol @ the camaro forum (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/lol-%40-camaro-forum-3897/)

kevin2323 07-16-2008 12:46 PM

lol @ the camaro forum

I just shut up the camaro5 forum...some guy test drove the challenger and said it was a dissapointment....that its a cow super slow blah blah blah...AND THEN ALL THE CAMARO guys started yelling yea i knew this was gonna happen no challenge for the camaro at all....what a pig my moms suv weighs less...damn i wanted a challenge..guess were all alone boys.. so i went on and just basically told them this:

the challenger does 0-60 in 4.7 sec and the quarter in 13 flat with a crappy mercedes 5 speed auto...09 it gets the 6 speed tremec LSD 3.92 and that will probably be neck in neck with the gt500 or even beat it stock without a blower...so i wouldnt be so laid back about the challenger just yet. yea its a pig.....a fast pig. the camaro has yet to reveal its hp and weight so to say the camaro will spank the challenger is ludacris i expect it to be lighter but i think most of you will be suprised at how heavy the camaro will be with all the new safety standards out.

love them both....as long as they beat the crappy fords im happy.

and right now it seems like that is the case.

lol u guys are gonna be crying when challengers blow buy you fat a$$ and all...you guys look at weight and thats it....look at its performance numbers.... and the camaro specs have yet to be announced lol....stock ls3 vettes do 0-60 in 4.3-4.4 you seriously think the camaro will be in the corvettes weight range...your kidding yourselves...now if it was the same platform as the vette i would agree...but its not it will be alot heavier and probably have the same performance numbers as the challenger if not slightly better....but the only way you beat a challenger is with mods....ls3 mods are better and more available then hemi mods but im getting my chally for looks and performance..cant wait to race some camaros pushin 400 hp ls3s....i love it!

lear4406 07-16-2008 12:52 PM

RE: lol @ the camaro forum

And so the loud talking begins:D I like the overconfidence

kevin2323 07-16-2008 01:00 PM

giggles:D[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Cuda340 07-16-2008 02:59 PM

Don't underestimate automatic transmissions. They give consistently fast 1/4 times. Unless the driver is really good at using a stick, the auto. will win.

halsflying 07-16-2008 03:27 PM

Tell the new camaro guys Shutup lets race! O Ya I forgot there car is not made yet.

kevin2323 07-16-2008 03:36 PM

yea auto will win most of the time but not when it's a mercedes E class 5 speed auto:( thats what makes me mad. Chevy is giving the camaro a 6 speed auto and we got a mercedes e=class auto 5 speed.
Still buying one though lol.

BootCamp 07-16-2008 05:06 PM

Funny thing is Dan Gurney drove the new Challenger for a magazine review and said the shift points were where hed make them manually.
HOWEVER I prefer the control and versatility of a 6 speed Tremec myself. Theyre bulletproof and offer the 3.92 gearing. Yummy!
:D

WhiteHeat 07-16-2008 07:21 PM

ORIGINAL: kevin2323

...some guy test drove the challenger and said it was a dissapointment....what a pig my moms suv weighs less...

yea its a pig.....a fast pig.

lol u guys are gonna be crying when challengers blow buy you fat a$$ and all...cant wait to race some camaros....
"Camaro beat a Challenger? Yeah, when pigs fly!" [sm=burnout.gif]

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

MrKrisSullivan 07-16-2008 08:42 PM

Yeah If your trying to compare times for a car the least you can do is compare auto-times. They are definatly more reliable and consistent

tnek 07-17-2008 04:41 AM

yea auto will win most of the time but not when it's a mercedes E class 5 speed auto:( thats what makes me mad. Chevy is giving the camaro a 6 speed auto and we got a mercedes e=class auto 5 speed.
Still buying one though lol.
The WA580 is a good tranny. Dont know why you have a hard on against it but Id put it up against you in a manual any time.

kevin2323 07-17-2008 10:18 AM

that tranny is trash and everyone knows it. why do you think everyone wants a manual. If it was a 6 speed auto or a better 5 speed I would be happy. I am just saying they could have gotten a better tranny for the auto. Dont put your auto up against me, I am not getting a stick, but put it up against a decent driver and say goodbye to your E-class slushbox.

Btw the hardon was because my gf was in front of me while I was typing sorry[sm=badbadbad.gif]

JLockhart 07-17-2008 10:53 AM

“Its trash” means nothing. What exactly are its deficiencies? Yes, it’s always nice to have one more gear, but it’s mostly for highway fuel economy.

I do know that the A4 GTOs are generally slightly quicker than their M6 counterparts. Hard to say what the result would be with the Challenger until the M6 is out and tested. I’m sure it will be close either way, regardless of the driver.

kevin2323 07-17-2008 11:58 AM

GEARS...and the SHIFT points are slow. I love this car but I am not gonna sit here and say it is perfect. I enjoy discussing its positives and negatives. That is what a forum is for :).

fyi I should make a sig saying: I'm buying a challenger so people know I'm not a troll lol.

Thor77 07-17-2008 11:59 AM

Most people who want the manual want them because they are more fun (for most enthusiasts). The manuals used to be faster for street cars (leaving aside specialized drag racing autos) and usually still are. But autos can be equal, or occasionally faster now. A well driven manual is *usually* still faster.

kevin2323 07-17-2008 12:01 PM

Totally agree with you thor. plus alot of stick drivers aren't that great or just plain bad. example: my friend who redlines every gear.

Paladin06 07-17-2008 12:07 PM

I know a manual guy is a manual guy but Chrysler has stated that the automatic SRT8 Challenger will be faster then the manual. I didn't write it so don't shoot the messenger.;)

Andre@Edge 07-17-2008 12:30 PM

After 22 years in the transmission business I dont understand how you could call the 722.6 (W5A580) a "trash" transmission. We could have got stuck with the hemi truck 5-45rfe.
I own a transmission parts warehouse, and if I had to make a living off the 722.6 I would have starved long ago. The drivetrain loss is mainly in the converter, and only with the automatic transmission can you multiply your torque at launch (STR). The manual go's 1-1 with the clutch engaged. The modded converter will give me 2.2 times my torque off the line.
The manual is more fun, but the automatic is more consistent and the future of drag racing.

JLockhart 07-17-2008 01:16 PM

GEARS...and the SHIFT points are slow. I love this car but I am not gonna sit here and say it is perfect. I enjoy discussing its positives and negatives. That is what a forum is for :).
Ummm...of course that is what a forum is for. Did someone question that?

Gears? Every transmission has them, but specifically what is the problem with the gears in the WA580? Shift points are normally referred to as either too low or too high...the actual shifts themselves might occur too slowly, so I'll assume that's what you mean.

These days, the shift quickness / firmness is largely controlled by the PCM. So most likely a tune could resolve any issues there.

Billionaire 07-17-2008 04:11 PM

Some article said that there's too large of a difference in size between two of the gears in the automatic transmission.
Any comments?

Andre@Edge 07-17-2008 04:26 PM

While the ratios are wide between 1-2, we have more then enough torque to turn that into a good thing.

The later stangs 80-up started with the AOD, progressed to the AODE, and now have a wide ratio 4r70w. You will find many AODE transmissions with the wide ratio upgrade.

G ///Money 07-18-2008 05:34 PM

I had the same tranny in my Prowler , the auto-stick thing, and it was JUNK. I would bener get a 08 Chall only because of the crappy auto.
Now the Getrag Viper spec 6 sp is one hell of a piece of work. The cool thing is it can easily handle 600-700 HP/Tq so we have alot of room to mod up our Challys w/o fear of blowing the tranny or clutch to pieces.

Now if I could just retofit my Getrag DCT from my E92 M3 V8 inot the Chally, WOO HOO:)

roadagent 07-18-2008 08:33 PM

funny how this went from the topic of a wanna be Camaro owner trashing the Challenger to a discussion about likes and dislikes in a transmission.

In response to the original post I think it's pretty fair to say unless it was his friends car you can tell the guy from the Camaro forum he's full of sh*t.Unless a dealer has an '09 in stock(and prolly not even then)there's no dealer in the country that is giving test rides let alone test DRIVES in an '08 SRT8 limited edition numbered car.I was interested in a Z06 a few years back and the dealers wouldn't even let me drive one of them and they wanted 100 bux to drive a regualr Vette.Also it's HILLARIOUS that this guy is bragging about a car and comparing the Challenger to something that's not even built yet.I'm curious to see when I get mine and put it on the dyno what it's actually throwin down to the ground,cuz if you go back in history the HEMI has consistently been WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY underated.So I say to any stock Mustang or Camaro bring it on bitches LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mopar2ya 07-18-2008 08:41 PM

I think the look alone of the black Challenger will strike fear in the hearts of these wannabees. Theyll be running for cover... ;)

Andre@Edge 07-18-2008 09:12 PM

mopar2ya come's drifting around the corner in his evil black beast.....

The crowd scatters yelling "Carzilla"

kevin2323 07-18-2008 10:15 PM

the camaro officially weighs 3800 lbs with a 415 hp ls3....we are in trouble boys. Not on the looks aspect of course.

Andre@Edge 07-18-2008 10:24 PM

No hill for a climber....

The mustang figures looked real good until race day.

kevin2323 07-19-2008 12:54 AM

I respect the Ls3. We shall see.

JJMPB 07-19-2008 04:16 AM

can't see the camaro weighing much more than a mustang GT

mopar2ya 07-19-2008 04:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

mopar2ya come's drifting around the corner in his evil black beast.....

The crowd scatters yelling "Carzilla"
Andre... I think I just came up wih my custom license plate... :D

SRT8 07-19-2008 05:29 AM

I just shut up the camaro5 forum...some guy test drove the challenger and said it was a dissapointment....that its a cow super slow blah blah blah...AND THEN ALL THE CAMARO guys started yelling yea i knew this was gonna happen no challenge for the camaro at all....what a pig my moms suv weighs less...damn i wanted a challenge..guess were all alone boys.. so i went on and just basically told them this:

the challenger does 0-60 in 4.7 sec and the quarter in 13 flat with a crappy mercedes 5 speed auto...09 it gets the 6 speed tremec LSD 3.92 and that will probably be neck in neck with the gt500 or even beat it stock without a blower...so i wouldnt be so laid back about the challenger just yet. yea its a pig.....a fast pig. the camaro has yet to reveal its hp and weight so to say the camaro will spank the challenger is ludacris i expect it to be lighter but i think most of you will be suprised at how heavy the camaro will be with all the new safety standards out.

love them both....as long as they beat the crappy fords im happy.

and right now it seems like that is the case.

lol u guys are gonna be crying when challengers blow buy you fat a$$ and all...you guys look at weight and thats it....look at its performance numbers.... and the camaro specs have yet to be announced lol....stock ls3 vettes do 0-60 in 4.3-4.4 you seriously think the camaro will be in the corvettes weight range...your kidding yourselves...now if it was the same platform as the vette i would agree...but its not it will be alot heavier and probably have the same performance numbers as the challenger if not slightly better....but the only way you beat a challenger is with mods....ls3 mods are better and more available then hemi mods but im getting my chally for looks and performance..cant wait to race some camaros pushin 400 hp ls3s....i love it!

The way the big three are going these days, those GM dudes best start praying they will ever see their Camaros. I am not a hater, I in fact just say live and let live. But times are getting even tougher on Detroit.