Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

lol @ the camaro forum

Old 07-16-2008, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lol @ the camaro forum

I just shut up the camaro5 forum...some guy test drove the challenger and said it was a dissapointment....that its a cow super slow blah blah blah...AND THEN ALL THE CAMARO guys started yelling yea i knew this was gonna happen no challenge for the camaro at all....what a pig my moms suv weighs less...damn i wanted a challenge..guess were all alone boys.. so i went on and just basically told them this:

the challenger does 0-60 in 4.7 sec and the quarter in 13 flat with a crappy mercedes 5 speed auto...09 it gets the 6 speed tremec LSD 3.92 and that will probably be neck in neck with the gt500 or even beat it stock without a blower...so i wouldnt be so laid back about the challenger just yet. yea its a pig.....a fast pig. the camaro has yet to reveal its hp and weight so to say the camaro will spank the challenger is ludacris i expect it to be lighter but i think most of you will be suprised at how heavy the camaro will be with all the new safety standards out.

love them both....as long as they beat the crappy fords im happy.

and right now it seems like that is the case.

lol u guys are gonna be crying when challengers blow buy you fat a$$ and all...you guys look at weight and thats it....look at its performance numbers.... and the camaro specs have yet to be announced lol....stock ls3 vettes do 0-60 in 4.3-4.4 you seriously think the camaro will be in the corvettes weight range...your kidding yourselves...now if it was the same platform as the vette i would agree...but its not it will be alot heavier and probably have the same performance numbers as the challenger if not slightly better....but the only way you beat a challenger is with mods....ls3 mods are better and more available then hemi mods but im getting my chally for looks and performance..cant wait to race some camaros pushin 400 hp ls3s....i love it!
Old 07-16-2008, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: lol @ the camaro forum

And so the loud talking begins I like the overconfidence
Old 07-16-2008, 01:00 PM

giggles[sm=alcoholic.gif]
Old 07-16-2008, 02:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't underestimate automatic transmissions. They give consistently fast 1/4 times. Unless the driver is really good at using a stick, the auto. will win.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:27 PM

Tell the new camaro guys Shutup lets race! O Ya I forgot there car is not made yet.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:36 PM

yea auto will win most of the time but not when it's a mercedes E class 5 speed auto thats what makes me mad. Chevy is giving the camaro a 6 speed auto and we got a mercedes e=class auto 5 speed.
Still buying one though lol.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:06 PM

Funny thing is Dan Gurney drove the new Challenger for a magazine review and said the shift points were where hed make them manually.
HOWEVER I prefer the control and versatility of a 6 speed Tremec myself. Theyre bulletproof and offer the 3.92 gearing. Yummy!
Old 07-16-2008, 07:21 PM

ORIGINAL: kevin2323

...some guy test drove the challenger and said it was a dissapointment....what a pig my moms suv weighs less...

yea its a pig.....a fast pig.

lol u guys are gonna be crying when challengers blow buy you fat a$$ and all...cant wait to race some camaros....
"Camaro beat a Challenger? Yeah, when pigs fly!" [sm=burnout.gif]

Sorry, I couldn't resist...
Old 07-16-2008, 08:42 PM

Yeah If your trying to compare times for a car the least you can do is compare auto-times. They are definatly more reliable and consistent
Old 07-17-2008, 04:41 AM

ORIGINAL: kevin2323

yea auto will win most of the time but not when it's a mercedes E class 5 speed auto thats what makes me mad. Chevy is giving the camaro a 6 speed auto and we got a mercedes e=class auto 5 speed.
Still buying one though lol.
The WA580 is a good tranny. Dont know why you have a hard on against it but Id put it up against you in a manual any time.

Quick Reply: lol @ the camaro forum