Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

lol @ the camaro forum

Old 07-18-2008, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lol @ the camaro forum

I had the same tranny in my Prowler , the auto-stick thing, and it was JUNK. I would bener get a 08 Chall only because of the crappy auto.
Now the Getrag Viper spec 6 sp is one hell of a piece of work. The cool thing is it can easily handle 600-700 HP/Tq so we have alot of room to mod up our Challys w/o fear of blowing the tranny or clutch to pieces.

Now if I could just retofit my Getrag DCT from my E92 M3 V8 inot the Chally, WOO HOO
Old 07-18-2008, 08:33 PM

funny how this went from the topic of a wanna be Camaro owner trashing the Challenger to a discussion about likes and dislikes in a transmission.

In response to the original post I think it's pretty fair to say unless it was his friends car you can tell the guy from the Camaro forum he's full of sh*t.Unless a dealer has an '09 in stock(and prolly not even then)there's no dealer in the country that is giving test rides let alone test DRIVES in an '08 SRT8 limited edition numbered car.I was interested in a Z06 a few years back and the dealers wouldn't even let me drive one of them and they wanted 100 bux to drive a regualr Vette.Also it's HILLARIOUS that this guy is bragging about a car and comparing the Challenger to something that's not even built yet.I'm curious to see when I get mine and put it on the dyno what it's actually throwin down to the ground,cuz if you go back in history the HEMI has consistently been WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY underated.So I say to any stock Mustang or Camaro bring it on bitches LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 08:41 PM

I think the look alone of the black Challenger will strike fear in the hearts of these wannabees. Theyll be running for cover...
Old 07-18-2008, 09:12 PM

mopar2ya come's drifting around the corner in his evil black beast.....

The crowd scatters yelling "Carzilla"
Old 07-18-2008, 10:15 PM

the camaro officially weighs 3800 lbs with a 415 hp ls3....we are in trouble boys. Not on the looks aspect of course.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:24 PM

No hill for a climber....

The mustang figures looked real good until race day.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:54 AM

I respect the Ls3. We shall see.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:16 AM

can't see the camaro weighing much more than a mustang GT
Old 07-19-2008, 04:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

mopar2ya come's drifting around the corner in his evil black beast.....

The crowd scatters yelling "Carzilla"
Andre... I think I just came up wih my custom license plate...
Old 07-19-2008, 05:29 AM

ORIGINAL: kevin2323

I just shut up the camaro5 forum...some guy test drove the challenger and said it was a dissapointment....that its a cow super slow blah blah blah...AND THEN ALL THE CAMARO guys started yelling yea i knew this was gonna happen no challenge for the camaro at all....what a pig my moms suv weighs less...damn i wanted a challenge..guess were all alone boys.. so i went on and just basically told them this:

the challenger does 0-60 in 4.7 sec and the quarter in 13 flat with a crappy mercedes 5 speed auto...09 it gets the 6 speed tremec LSD 3.92 and that will probably be neck in neck with the gt500 or even beat it stock without a blower...so i wouldnt be so laid back about the challenger just yet. yea its a pig.....a fast pig. the camaro has yet to reveal its hp and weight so to say the camaro will spank the challenger is ludacris i expect it to be lighter but i think most of you will be suprised at how heavy the camaro will be with all the new safety standards out.

love them both....as long as they beat the crappy fords im happy.

and right now it seems like that is the case.

lol u guys are gonna be crying when challengers blow buy you fat a$$ and all...you guys look at weight and thats it....look at its performance numbers.... and the camaro specs have yet to be announced lol....stock ls3 vettes do 0-60 in 4.3-4.4 you seriously think the camaro will be in the corvettes weight range...your kidding yourselves...now if it was the same platform as the vette i would agree...but its not it will be alot heavier and probably have the same performance numbers as the challenger if not slightly better....but the only way you beat a challenger is with mods....ls3 mods are better and more available then hemi mods but im getting my chally for looks and performance..cant wait to race some camaros pushin 400 hp ls3s....i love it!

The way the big three are going these days, those GM dudes best start praying they will ever see their Camaros. I am not a hater, I in fact just say live and let live. But times are getting even tougher on Detroit.