Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Lookout Challenger here comes Camaro

Old 05-25-2008, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lookout Challenger here comes Camaro

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

ORIGINAL: lear4406

<snip>... And bigger is better. At least when your talking bombs and food bars
And... afterall, the Challenger is "da bomb"...
more like a bomber the camaro's main competion will be the mustang those 2 have been goin at it right yup until 2002
Old 05-25-2008, 04:21 PM

I am excited that chevy brought back the camaro, but it doesn't scream muscle car like the Dodge...even the mustang looks like more of a sports car, but I think it looks good...dunno, the new camaro just comes off to me as the poor mans corvette....

maybe i'm just a young whipper snapper ha ha
Old 05-25-2008, 05:18 PM

I saw all those pics and they actually make me like the camaro more than I have. I would consider it but I'm afraid it will be the new mustang and I'll drive past 100 of myself a day.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:25 AM

ORIGINAL: nonsensez9

those bug-ugly yellow taillites were to make it roadworthy in Germany where they were 'ring testing. you should see the hideous headlites they have on the pre-prod models. [:'(]

I hadn't thought about that! I hope I don't have to find amber lenses for my Challenger! Although, I serious doubt it will be an issue. I'm looking out at the parking lot of my barracks, and I see several American cars with red turn signals. (Whew)
Old 05-27-2008, 01:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Justinec101

I saw all those pics and they actually make me like the camaro more than I have. I would consider it but I'm afraid it will be the new mustang and I'll drive past 100 of myself a day.
the wonderful think about Idaho is. NOBODY'S GONNA BUY A CAMARO! WITH GAS PRICES AND MILAGE LIKE IT IS NOW. ONLY THE RICH WILL BUY ONE. (UNLESS IT'S AS CHEAP AS A MUSTANG. AND PEOPLE HERE ACTUALY LIKE THE CAMARO!) THEN EVERY STOP LIGHT IN MY TOWN WILL BE A MUSTANG v. CAMARO DRAG RACE! PLEASE NOOOOOOO!
Old 05-27-2008, 01:10 PM

No different than any other Chevy, it doesn't look retro, so it has nothing going for it! I see a Vega!
Old 05-27-2008, 02:09 PM

Yuck.. I can only imagine how more hideous the back end will look with a wing on it. And you know someones going to put a wing on one sooner or later.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:09 PM

Hey Challenger! The Camaro's always been a poor man's Vette'... But it used to look like a good looking muscle car... now just something into the future... ohh well... I welcome all takers... shoot if the price is right go get your V-8 and if it's faster than mine then it's fast I don't care what car it's in. But im assuming some people will stay brand loyal even though they might buy an uglier car...
Me though I don't care Im going to make the purchase that makes the most sense and "cents" even if I have to jump off the Challenger ship. I don't want to but if the R/T is gonna start at more than 32k I just can't do it. So i'll fish in the Pontiac and Chevy pond if I have to. But no matter what I'll always pay homage to the Challenger. But i've got a need for speed and I think 30k should buy a lot so I'll keep waiting. But in the end a 2003 Drop-top Vette' would be sweet. I've seen some with only 15,000 miles on it. Ill be honest those types of "steals" are hard to pass up. Shoot if I did get one I'd hot-rod it out though. But in the back of my head I keep hearing LIFETIME WARRANTY but in my foot I hear faster...faster...faster...
Old 05-27-2008, 07:33 PM

i have heard that it will get the ls3 and maybe latter a ls7or9. have to wait and see. i think they will be fast but i still like the ride, looks, interior, and basically everything about the challenger more. have to wait and see what the new mustangs will look like.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

Did they ever figure how to get the weight distributed more evenly in the Vette? I remember back in the day, they couldn't get of their own way at the strip, because there was no weight over the back tires to lock'em in.

Is that no longer the case?

Just got the kids a go kart (they're destroying my lawn) and I'm starting to appreciate the need for weight over the back tires of all vehicles (even lawn mower engine powered ones).

Quick Reply: Lookout Challenger here comes Camaro