Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Looks like I may be able to get that 2008 (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/looks-like-i-may-able-get-2008-a-2722/)

Paladin06 03-04-2008 03:25 PM

Looks like I may be able to get that 2008

Just got off the phone with one of the local dealers. I had spoken with them before but they didn't appear to know as much as I did. Well the sales manager called me back tonight and now he has his act together. More importantly he stated I can still get a 2008. They are expecting delivery of their first cars in 30 to 40 days. They DO NOT have a $20K markup and a deposit to hold a car is a refundable $500.00 I'm going over to lock mine down tomorrow.

Wish me luck!

WhiteHeat 03-04-2008 03:32 PM

RE: Looks like I may be able to get that 2008

Sounds Great! Good Luck!

Since he already has an estimated arrival time, I guess he's offering you what he had previously ordered, right? I mean you won't get to choose color or equipment? Did he have one coming that suited you? I guess with three colors and three options you couldn't go far wrong!

Great news in any case! :)

Paladin06 03-04-2008 04:11 PM

Yes, a triple black with all available options.

ORIGINAL: WhiteHeat

Sounds Great! Good Luck!

Since he already has an estimated arrival time, I guess he's offering you what he had previously ordered, right? I mean you won't get to choose color or equipment? Did he have one coming that suited you? I guess with three colors and three options you couldn't go far wrong!

Great news in any case! :)

DSkippy 03-04-2008 04:27 PM

Congrats Paladin! Go get it! Pictures in April right? :D

joeyr 03-04-2008 04:28 PM

Congratulations, Paladin. I am happy for you [sm=bounceybounce.gif]. Post pics

RRUNNER 03-04-2008 04:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

Just got off the phone with one of the local dealers. I had spoken with them before but they didn't appear to know as much as I did. Well the sales manager called me back tonight and now he has his act together. More importantly he stated I can still get a 2008. They are expecting delivery of their first cars in 30 to 40 days. They DO NOT have a $20K markup and a deposit to hold a car is a refundable $500.00 I'm going over to lock mine down tomorrow.

Wish me luck!
Nice! I hope all goes well tomorrow, congratulations.

lear4406 03-04-2008 04:31 PM

Keep us up to date on the progress. And we will need baby pictures;)

70sguy 03-04-2008 04:38 PM

pal,

What was the problem to start with? just uniformed salesperson?I still don't think they know to much. Dodge is keeping a lid on it. Just looking at your status and enthusiasm I would have figured you to be the first in line. But I'm glad you are getting one, you definitely need one. Ya see, I like what you heard about the time frame. I posted a week ago that cars may be out in April, I forget who didn't want to burst my bubble, but I sure like what I'm hearing. You know they make about a ten or so cars for quality control and durability test before mass producing them and they will never be sold to the public and they will be destroyed. Bet some exec 's would like to sneak one home. What status was your car?

Jeremiah 29:11 03-04-2008 04:44 PM

That is good news. One of our oldtimers here on the forum getting a Challenger. Congrats Paladin06!

davidstan 03-04-2008 04:45 PM

Sounds great. Glad they are not hoseing you 20k but was there a smaller markup?