Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Might have some info soon.

Old 01-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Might have some info soon.

Has all that mortar fire caused you to forget how to compose a simple sentence ?

Let us hope the army teaches you basic education skills in addition to killing people.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:42 AM

Well here we go again.

That would be "Army" with a capitol "A".

Happy Holidays.

ORIGINAL: Erik M3

Has all that mortar fire caused you to forget how to compose a simple sentence ?

Let us hope the army teaches you basic education skills in addition to killing people.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:11 AM

A I got dislexsia or how ever ya speel so I can't speel for sh#t and don't care to rally cause I can make good money and don't need to speel and I'm blue colar branded so what can I say.

Still no info yet.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

SSG_Edwards....don't worry about the spelling part. Just thanks for doing what you do and watch your six.

Our prayers are with you and come back home safely.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: SSG_Edwards

A I got dislexsia or how ever ya speel so I can't speel for sh#t and don't care to rally cause I can make good money and don't need to speel and I'm blue colar branded so what can I say.

Still no info yet.

You can get in the Army w/ dyslexia ??
Old 01-04-2007, 08:59 PM

Eleven posts in four days - one of which was pretty critical - from someone who benefits from the protection provided by the person(s) they criticize. Interesting. [>:]

I have a friend who got back from Iraq two years ago - a Marine - who won a Bronze Star for bravery. Fine young man. Never bothered to ask him how his grammer was. Funny.....the guys in his unit that were wounded and killed weren't asked about their writing skills by the enemy before OR after the shooting started either.
Another friend of mine is currently in Iraq with the Army, 2nd Cavalry. He got a concussion as a gift from some Iraqi insurgents on Christmas Day when his BFV was hit by a blast from a car bomb 40 feet away. He's a very bright young man, and although he has excellent communication skills, no one asked him his education level before they set off the bomb or sprayed his BFV with small arms fire after the charge went off. Then again, he didn't ask the three cowards he sent to meet God what their education level was before he ended their terrorism careers either.

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

If you can read and write, thank a teacher. If you can read and write in English, thank an American Soldier. Their sacrifice is what enables us to enjoy the privlage of being pompous asses without fear of being censored - no matter how offensive, self-sanctimonious or condescending the opinions we present may appear. They continue to defend our freedom, which includes our God-given right to make complete asses of ourselves in public whenever the spirit moves us.

Thank you, SSG Edwards, for committing to defend countrymen that aren't always as grateful, informed, or thoughtful of your sacrifice as they should be. Regardless of our personal feelings of why you're over there - away from your family and the comforts of home, through the holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. - I want to send you and every service-person over there a personal wish for good health, success in your mission, and a swift and safe return to your home and family. I hope there's a shiny new '08 Dodge Challenger sitting at the dealership waiting for you upon your return. God bless you all.

Feel free to critique my post - I took a chance by not using a grammer or spell checker. []
Old 01-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

Eleven posts in four days - one of which was pretty critical - from someone who benefits from the protection provided by the person(s) they criticize. Interesting. [>:]

I have a friend who got back from Iraq two years ago - a Marine - who won a Bronze Star for bravery. Fine young man. Never bothered to ask him how his grammer was. Funny.....the guys in his unit that were wounded and killed weren't asked about their writing skills by the enemy before OR after the shooting started either.
Another friend of mine is currently in Iraq with the Army, 2nd Cavalry. He got a concussion as a gift from some Iraqi insurgents on Christmas Day when his BFV was hit by a blast from a car bomb 40 feet away. He's a very bright young man, and although he has excellent communication skills, no one asked him his education level before they set off the bomb or sprayed his BFV with small arms fire after the charge went off. Then again, he didn't ask the three cowards he sent to meet God what their education level was before he ended their terrorism careers either.

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

If you can read and write, thank a teacher. If you can read and write in English, thank an American Soldier. Their sacrifice is what enables us to enjoy the privlage of being pompous asses without fear of being censored - no matter how offensive, self-sanctimonious or condescending the opinions we present may appear. They continue to defend our freedom, which includes our God-given right to make complete asses of ourselves in public whenever the spirit moves us.

Thank you, SSG Edwards, for committing to defend countrymen that aren't always as grateful, informed, or thoughtful of your sacrifice as they should be. Regardless of our personal feelings of why you're over there - away from your family and the comforts of home, through the holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. - I want to send you and every service-person over there a personal wish for good health, success in your mission, and a swift and safe return to your home and family. I hope there's a shiny new '08 Dodge Challenger sitting at the dealership waiting for you upon your return. God bless you all.

Feel free to critique my post - I took a chance by not using a grammer or spell checker. []

I support the military and what they are doing. I do not support the current administration, but that is neither here nor there. I was just a little taken back by his poor writing skills, thats all, jeez talk about making something from nothing.

I am a huge military "fan" if you will and spend many hours of my free time reading about past conflicts and those that wage them. I am proud to say that I was one of the few accepted into The Air Force Academy on the merits of my grades and athletics. I am sure you are cognicent of the effort it took to get to the level where I was sought out to attend school in Colorado Springs. My sights were set on a military career, pref a fighter pilot since I was already a lic. flyer by 16. A violent racing accident two months before I was to report to school took the sight of my right eye so that was the end of that. Much to the chagrin of my parents and myself. These things happen for a reason though so I went to medical school and became a Dr.

I understand bravery and commitment, but as a healer I worry about what happens to these brave kids that come out of the military w/ a severe lack of marketable skills, thusly ending up in the street. I have already read reports of homeless Iraqi vets. Pretty scary stuff. Again this went a litte OT but ...

Also not sure what the # of my posts w/in a certain time table have to do w/anyt
Old 01-04-2007, 10:59 PM

I guess me and you were posting around the same time. I typed this response to yours before you had a chance to defend yourself and it took me a longer time to post. I guess I owe you a apology Erik .

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

Ditto, Boot camp. I am not in the army and while at times I do not agree with the Commander-in-Chief, I do support the troops whom are under his command. My uncle served during Vietnam and returned home, with a mind that was due to things he saw, did, and endured. And still they are people whose families are essentially houseless (I don’t like the term home-less, many "homeless" people consider the area that they live in as their home) while man or woman is defending our country. Imagine coming home after the worst hell you can imagine to a Repo sign and a pink slip. You don’t need to be able to read well to see that something is wrong with this story. And you Erik, ought to be ashamed of what you said to someone who is risking capture, torture, and death while you type insults over a website for a car you would most likely not be able to enjoy if not for his sacrifice and that of countless others. And you called SSG Edwards the unintelligent one. I am sorry SSG Edwards, and I hope you do not take the words of one to stand for the feelings for all. And, I apologize for not "defending" you earlier, I let the first slide because I believe in turning the other cheek, the problem is after your first hit you are almost out of cheeks. If you can risk your life for your countrymen the least your countrymen can do for you is defend you from foolish insults. You picked the sword in our defense; let us pick up the pen in yours.

So what, in a few years when they are making a movie about your life you can wont have to worry about the "hater(s) in the house". You are going to be successful, I know it. Jusat like someone handsome play me so it will be as realastic as possible LOL. I will pray for you and your comrades (something I may not have had the right to do if not for you and those before you)

P.S. A list of Dyslexics that you may have heard about:

Drama Tom Cruise, Anthony Hopkins, Zoe Wannamaker, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley
Chefs Marco Pierre White, Jamie Oliver
Entertainers Eddie Izzard, Ben Elton, Dominic Wood
Media James Whale, Nicholas Parsons,
Poets W.B.Yeats, Benjamin Zephaniah
Authors Lewis Carroll, Hans Christian Andersen, Agatha Christie, Esther Freud
Photographer David Bailey
Filmmakers Walt Disney, Guy Ritchie
Old 01-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

I think at this point we need to stay away from the criticisms. Not everybody is blessed with being a brain surgeon or microprocessor designer.

Some people can spell some can't, some people can navigate the streets of New York with a fine tooth comb and some people get lost going around the block.

God made us each differently and he command us to love each other just the way we are and to forgive others for their mistakes.

So let's move on and talk about cars specifically the Challenger and other interesting topics and have fun doing it.

This is what makes this forum fun.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:29 AM

Not intending for this to get out of hand, so I'll try to clear up the intent in my post.

If you live in a community and someone new moves into the neighborhood, apprehension is natural .... especially when they make (what I felt were) accusatory, suppositional, and insulting statements about someone "already living in the neighborhood" within four days of their moving in. Hope you understand what I meant there.

There have been a few "goobers" that appeared in the forums recently that slung crap within a short time of registering. Again, apprehension is a normal reaction - especially considering how they tend to "upset the apple cart" very quickly. I don't post often, so I have to feel strongly about what I'm writing or responding to.

Many of us weren't privlaged enough to have access to the resources required for flight lessons (or the like) when we were young - or even now, for that matter. We haven't shared opportunities equally because of financial resources available to/from our parents. As Jeremiah said, that only makes us different, not better or worse than each other. We all have limitations - intellectually, physically, and financially. What we do with the hand we're dealt is the most important thing in life. We can be positive and set a good example for others, or negative and draw the ostracization of others. We all have handicaps (some are more noticible than others) and have to deal with them throughout our lives.

What we DO have in common is a love for the car we've come together in this forum to discuss. If we can do it in a manner respectful of each others' opinions, abilities and limitations, the discussions can be more productive and positive.

On that note, .... anyone know the words to "Kumbaya"?

Quick Reply: Might have some info soon.