Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Military discount?

Old 11-23-2006, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Military discount?

Does Dodge offer a military discount?

I have seen that both Ford and GM offer a $500 discount to active duty and reservists. I could not find the discount from Dodge. I have just been selected to receive a commission into the AirForce and will be active duty when the Challenger comes out.

It would be very disappointed to think that Dodge does not offer a military discount and may change my mind on whether to purchase a vehicle from Dodge or not. The $500 is not the issue for me, I would see it as not supporting the troops. I hope I just couldn't find it online.

Thanks,

Soon to be LT.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Default RE: Military discount?

this might be something which varies from dealership to dealership...for instance, when i bought the stratus, that dealership was offering 500 dollars for recent college graduates, but another dealership was offering 1000. i told the dealership that had my car that, and they gave me the 1000 off. i would think that as hard up as dealerships are to move units, if you were to go in and say "i want to buy a new car, and im considering a challenger, mustang, and gto...and ford and GM are offering military discounts", even if dodge doesnt, they still will.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:40 PM

It would be disappointing for them not to have a Law Enforcement discount or even Firefighters. I mean not to be rude but why should the military get special treatment? Please Believe I support the troops!!! but you know the public safety Jobs are just as dangerous.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:32 PM
Administrator

i have far less regard for public servants...while i understand the police in areas such as south central LA risk their lives, there are plenty of police in areas who do very little...and everywhere that ive lived, the FD was volunteer...
Old 11-25-2006, 09:39 PM

I live in virginia beach, Im a police officer in norfolk. The general area I live is a dominantly military. I know a lot of people who dont deserve the special military treatment. I have a friend who had been in a Iarq and actually was involved. People like him deserve it, they are a few who actually are the backbone of the military. I just think Police and Firefighters deserve just as much respect. They do more to protect people then they actually realize!
Old 11-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Administrator

the area where i grew up doesnt have a police department...and my dad leaves the keys in his BMW in the driveway....
Old 11-26-2006, 01:26 AM

Dear Thomas:

Thank you for your recent email.

Please accept our apologies for the delayed response to your email.
Because of the public's current interest in DaimlerChrysler Corporation
and our new products, we are unable to respond as promptly as we would
like.

Presently, a military incentive is not offered on the purchase or lease
of Dodge vehicles.
DaimlerChrysler values all our citizens that protect
and serve inside and outside our communities? everyday. DaimlerChrysler
does have an offer that is open to military personnel. The Jeep?s
Military incentive program offers is available to all eligible active
military, retired military (honorable discharge and 20 years of service
required), active military reserve, retired military reserve (honorable
discharge and 20 years of service required), and veterans (honorable
discharge required after any length of service) a $500 cash allowance
applied toward the retail purchase or lease of an eligible Jeep vehicle.
It was never the intent of DaimlerChrysler to exclude our military
personnel as an everyday hero. DaimlerChrysler appreciate your taking
the time to send us your communication and allow us the opportunity to
respond.

Please feel free to use the link provided below to view further Military
incentive information.
http://www.jeep.com/incentives/GetPu...5616&Year=2004

If you have any additional questions, please let us know. You may also
call us on our toll-free number at 1-800-964-0600.

Thank you again for your time.

Got my answer. I'm not sure what to think. Ford and GM both have this offer. Why would dcx not?
Old 11-26-2006, 08:52 AM

Sorry public safety is important but can not compare to the military. When was the last time anyone in public saferty had to jump out of bed, grab a bag, catch a plane half way around the world, spend 6 to 18 months away from your family and friends and as a bonus get shot at on a daily basis, injected with untested and unproven medication, sleep in a shit hole, eat from a plastic bag or metal can all for less then $25K a year?

No harm meant but please, don't go there the three are not even close.

ORIGINAL: GENX_HEMI9

It would be disappointing for them not to have a Law Enforcement discount or even Firefighters. I mean not to be rude but why should the military get special treatment? Please Believe I support the troops!!! but you know the public safety Jobs are just as dangerous.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Let's not get into a shouting match here. Everybody has his place in society. Every organization will have people that do outstanding jobs and others that do bad jobs.

My stance is that we ought to appreciate the jobs that they do as lives are always at risk. No matter whether it is policeman, fireman, border patrol, coast guard, FBI, army, navy, marines, air force, etc.. Gosh, even teachers lives are at risk these days and all they want to do is help and teach kids.

Let's just appreciate each other......enough said.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:47 PM

Ditto!

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Let's not get into a shouting match here. Everybody has his place in society. Every organization will have people that do outstanding jobs and others that do bad jobs.

My stance is that we ought to appreciate the jobs that they do as lives are always at risk. No matter whether it is policeman, fireman, border patrol, coast guard, FBI, army, navy, marines, air force, etc.. Gosh, even teachers lives are at risk these days and all they want to do is help and teach kids.

Let's just appreciate each other......enough said.

Quick Reply: Military discount?