Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   My $h!#y luck! (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/my-%24h-y-luck-4224/)

SF18C 08-11-2008 09:44 AM

My $h!#y luck!

Well I just found that my car, which has been sitting at the Military Prep Center in Baltimore, MD since the 21st of July, has been damaged. ENCS did not bother to tell me this; I called them today trying to find out if my car made it to Europe yet! To say the least I was/am floored! They did not/would not tell me how it got damaged or how bad the damage was. ENCS did say it needs a new front end (bumper I assume) and there are dents in the door. They have ordered the parts and it needs paint. As I see it, my car will now carry a record of previous damage and it is not like they can build me another car. I have contacted the regional sales manager.

So any of you in the business, do you have any advice? I mean what can be done in a situation if the dealer has damaged the car and can only make repairs? I am thinking even if they can fix the damage (with out visible signs, which I don’t have a lot of faith in), this does hurt any future resale value, due to a simple CarFax report, that they should definitely be knocking some $$$ off the final price. Plus it will now be closer to October when I finally do take delivery, not the 20th of August like I was told!

This sucks!!! Time for some Italian Vino! Maybe some Grappa!

DK challenger 08-11-2008 10:27 AM

RE: My $h!#y luck!

Man that has to suck, sorry for your bad luck.

SKiDs33t 08-11-2008 10:27 AM

That really blows! I feel for you man. [sm=boohoo.gif]

How much you want to bet some dock workers got hold of it and had a little fun. They prolly dont want you to know so that you dont SUE them.
I wonder how Moss's car is doing.

SF18C 08-11-2008 10:32 AM

ORIGINAL: SKiDs33t

That really blows! I feel for you man. [sm=boohoo.gif]

How much you want to bet some dock workers got hold of it and had a little fun. They prolly dont want you to know so that you dont SUE them.
I wonder how Moss's car is doing.
That is what I am thinking...not sure if front end damage along with dents in the door are very consistant with normal transportation handling! I m so p!$$ed right now.

RUBBERBNDMAN 08-11-2008 10:32 AM

Find out how to get information out of black box.It might have a story to tell.

73Challenger 08-11-2008 10:34 AM

DO NOT ACCEPT THIS CAR !!

I HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN THE COLLECTOR CAR HOBBY FOR MANY YEARS, AND THIS CAR IS DAMAGED GOODS. REFUSE TO ACCEPT THE CAR. YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT DO SO.

THERE ARE MANY UNSOLD 2008 SRT8 CARS STILL AROUND, INSIST THAT THE FACTORY REPLACE YOUR CAR WITH AN UNDAMAGED VEHICLE.

IF YOU WANT ONE OF THE ORIGINAL SPECIAL NUMBERED 2008 MODELS, THEN GO ON EBAY AND YOU CAN FIND ANYTHING YOU WANT AND THEY WILL SHIP IT WHEREVER YOU WANT IN THE WORLD.

SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR MISFORTUNE - THAT REALLY SUCKS !

ramit 08-11-2008 10:36 AM

Can anyone in the fourm who lives near the dealer go and get a picture for you so you know what the damage is or is the location off limits?

SF18C 08-11-2008 10:38 AM

I am not sure of its exact location...all I have is the Military Prep Center in Baltimore, MD.

I even tried to Google it and find an address...no luck so far. Anyone here live near Baltimore?

RUBBERBNDMAN 08-11-2008 10:54 AM

Dont forget about Autotrader.com....

ASSA 08-11-2008 11:07 AM

I'm SF18Cs wife we got a GREAT deal on this car. I don't think we'll be going to Ebay or anywhere else to purchase one. We got lucky at first and then unlucky pretty quickly!

Hey Steve... we can always get a mini-van! ;)

rickerda 08-11-2008 11:07 AM

Check here: http://www.baltimoreports.com/CIC/processors.pdf Who did you buy the car from? PX? or CONUS dealer?

SF18C 08-11-2008 11:12 AM

I got it through the PX...they had them on order on Dec 12th, but would not allow customer orders until April.

RUBBERBNDMAN 08-11-2008 11:23 AM

Does it have a HEMI?? I dont think so....Sorry about mishap but I think It will be ok.

SF18C 08-11-2008 12:31 PM

ORIGINAL: rickerda

Check here: http://www.baltimoreports.com/CIC/processors.pdf Who did you buy the car from? PX? or CONUS dealer?
thanks...that was a start.

2501 Broening Highway
Baltimore, MD 21224
Customer Service 1-800-631-5751
Hours of Operation 0800-1700 Mon - Fri

Of course I called them and they would not even confirm if they had the car and all they would tell me I is must get ahold of my sells agent, the one one who didn't even know that the car was damaged until I told her!

SF18C 08-11-2008 12:39 PM

ORIGINAL: ASSA

I would rather drive the old Volvo than a mini-van! Maybe we should just get a ferrari, the kid doesn't really need to go anywhere with us!

Paladin06 08-11-2008 01:12 PM

Sorry to hear about the bad luck my friend. I would insist on a downward pricing adjustment. It is not a new car if damaged after leaving the factory. The same rule applies as if the car was sitting on the dealers lot and got damaged in a hail storm. They MUST make a pricing adjustment for a damaged vehicle.

Don't take NO for an answer. D*** feather merchants will stick it to you if they can.

MossOnARoc 08-11-2008 03:23 PM

Not encouraging news.... Mine has been sitting at the Prep center for a while too...

I can just see them trashing our cars... I'm hoping that the damage is minor (possibly the front bottom spoiler?) and mabye a small ding in the door (either way unacceptable) but still hoping....

and now it's to late for me to call today... No sleep tonight, lol...

I hope everything works out.

Moss

mac 08-11-2008 05:49 PM

Have you already paid for the car? I would also demand they give you another car or they can sell your damaged car to someone else. This really does suck since you are oversees and hard to take care of this crap along with dealing with your regular military job. You might even want to contact your congressman since you are military and tell them you are getting hosed and see if they can help. When I had a problem while in the Army and contacted by congressman, people really jumped and a solution was soon found. Good luck buddy, sorry this had to happen to you.

Andre@Edge 08-11-2008 05:58 PM

That is a bummer Steve. If it's small enough it will not show on a Vin report. I would request a photo of the damage and go from there.

MossOnARoc 08-12-2008 09:15 AM

Who did you call at first? I'm getting the run-around... "call your agent"

Thanks!

Moss

MossOnARoc 08-12-2008 09:45 AM

Never mind - Got the number from the ENCS Web site -

800-664-5153

Very nice - and Helpful.

Moss

SF18C 08-12-2008 11:07 AM

Moss...are you on a boat yet?

KMPX2 08-13-2008 04:51 AM

ORIGINAL: ASSA

Heck you can get 3 or 4

MossOnARoc 08-13-2008 11:46 AM

Unfortunately, not yet...

If I don't make the boat this Thursday, it will be the Third week since it has been "At the Pier" waiting in line.... (giveing them the Benefit of the doubt, really only the Second if it takes them a few days for Prep...)

I'm Checking the ENCS Site daily to see any updates on the "Overseas Shipping" area. I've been told it's 21 days sailing time, then off load time and possibly a few more days at Bremerhaven... Once I get close to the all clear, I'll be taking the train up to pick her up there. Then a Nice leisurely back road Break in drive home. After that, she better be ready to driven HARD... :)

On a side note, I was just reading about the differences in the "Labeled" Octane ratings in Europe and how they differ from the states. MON and RON Apparently. Basically, the Europe Ratings are about 4-5 points Higher than the US (so 95 Octane in Europe is about equivalent to 91 US)

Thought that was interesting and should share with the group...

Moss

rickerda 08-13-2008 01:25 PM

Bremerhaven, I spent three years there working MTMC. Drank my share of Becks

brucer41 08-13-2008 02:43 PM

Ah Bremerhaven! Been there done that. Of course the liter steins of Beck's dark made the memories a bit hazy. LOL! Went there back in the late 70's compliments of the US Navy.