Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

My $h!#y luck!

Old 08-11-2008, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My $h!#y luck!

Well I just found that my car, which has been sitting at the Military Prep Center in Baltimore, MD since the 21st of July, has been damaged. ENCS did not bother to tell me this; I called them today trying to find out if my car made it to Europe yet! To say the least I was/am floored! They did not/would not tell me how it got damaged or how bad the damage was. ENCS did say it needs a new front end (bumper I assume) and there are dents in the door. They have ordered the parts and it needs paint. As I see it, my car will now carry a record of previous damage and it is not like they can build me another car. I have contacted the regional sales manager.

So any of you in the business, do you have any advice? I mean what can be done in a situation if the dealer has damaged the car and can only make repairs? I am thinking even if they can fix the damage (with out visible signs, which I don’t have a lot of faith in), this does hurt any future resale value, due to a simple CarFax report, that they should definitely be knocking some $$$ off the final price. Plus it will now be closer to October when I finally do take delivery, not the 20th of August like I was told!

This sucks!!! Time for some Italian Vino! Maybe some Grappa!
Old 08-11-2008, 10:27 AM

Default RE: My $h!#y luck!

Man that has to suck, sorry for your bad luck.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:27 AM

That really blows! I feel for you man. [sm=boohoo.gif]

How much you want to bet some dock workers got hold of it and had a little fun. They prolly dont want you to know so that you dont SUE them.
I wonder how Moss's car is doing.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:32 AM

ORIGINAL: SKiDs33t

That really blows! I feel for you man. [sm=boohoo.gif]

How much you want to bet some dock workers got hold of it and had a little fun. They prolly dont want you to know so that you dont SUE them.
I wonder how Moss's car is doing.
That is what I am thinking...not sure if front end damage along with dents in the door are very consistant with normal transportation handling! I m so p!$$ed right now.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:32 AM

Find out how to get information out of black box.It might have a story to tell.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:34 AM

DO NOT ACCEPT THIS CAR !!

I HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN THE COLLECTOR CAR HOBBY FOR MANY YEARS, AND THIS CAR IS DAMAGED GOODS. REFUSE TO ACCEPT THE CAR. YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT DO SO.

THERE ARE MANY UNSOLD 2008 SRT8 CARS STILL AROUND, INSIST THAT THE FACTORY REPLACE YOUR CAR WITH AN UNDAMAGED VEHICLE.

IF YOU WANT ONE OF THE ORIGINAL SPECIAL NUMBERED 2008 MODELS, THEN GO ON EBAY AND YOU CAN FIND ANYTHING YOU WANT AND THEY WILL SHIP IT WHEREVER YOU WANT IN THE WORLD.

SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR MISFORTUNE - THAT REALLY SUCKS !

Old 08-11-2008, 10:36 AM

Can anyone in the fourm who lives near the dealer go and get a picture for you so you know what the damage is or is the location off limits?
Old 08-11-2008, 10:38 AM

I am not sure of its exact location...all I have is the Military Prep Center in Baltimore, MD.

I even tried to Google it and find an address...no luck so far. Anyone here live near Baltimore?
Old 08-11-2008, 10:54 AM

Dont forget about Autotrader.com....
Old 08-11-2008, 11:07 AM

I'm SF18Cs wife we got a GREAT deal on this car. I don't think we'll be going to Ebay or anywhere else to purchase one. We got lucky at first and then unlucky pretty quickly!

Hey Steve... we can always get a mini-van!