Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   My last thread. (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/my-last-thread-4661/)

vynle 09-13-2008 07:02 AM

RE: My last thread.

i too would not bye a vett over a challenger!!!! unless it was a 67 split back!!!! vynle

davidstan 09-13-2008 08:24 AM

I guess i'm a little slow, what is a vette and a chally being cross shopped for? I thought you had to have gold chains, hairy chest shirt unbuttoned down to navel to be in that market. Kidding aside, my wife has only one input regarding my cars and that is there will be no vettes in our garage. :D

Old_Goat 09-13-2008 08:44 AM

ORIGINAL: davidstan

I guess i'm a little slow, what is a vette and a chally being cross shopped for? I thought you had to have gold chains, hairy chest shirt unbuttoned down to navel to be in that market. Kidding aside, my wife has only one input regarding my cars and that is there will be no vettes in our garage. :D
If anybody had told me a month ago that a Vette would be in my future, I would have laughed in their face.

Zoomin 09-13-2008 09:20 AM

Vettes are great cars - I've owned several. Early last month I had the opportunity to buy one at invoice AND zero percent financing. But I've had several, so it was kind of a been there, done that kind of deal for me. No doubt - a lot of car for a fantastic deal. But I chose the Challenger just for the fun of having a musclecar again, plus not seeing a copy at every stop light is a plus.

Patience is a virtue in getting the deal you want. Have fun in the Vette!

RUBBERBNDMAN 09-13-2008 10:04 AM

Was at a Vette show couple weeks ago...mostly stuck up fat people...too cool for there own good....never go again...LOL

Cuda340 09-13-2008 03:44 PM

Old Goat, good luck with your new Vette.

I always wanted a Vette and briefly considered getting one. However, when I saw photos of the Challenger concept and the 2008 Challenger SRT at the Philadelphia Auto Show in February, I knew that was the car for me.

My order for an SRT went in on May 16 and, as a few weeks ago, I was STILL in BX status. I will check with Customer Service on Monday and hopefully will see some movement. My dealer previously advised me that I was #3 in line.

The long wait really gets hard when I drive past my local Chevy dealer and see all of those shiney new Vettes parked out front. I think that I could be driving one this Fall instead of waiting for a winter delivery of a Challenger.

However, Vetts are fairly common and I will be getting something truly unique.
As the old saying goes, "good things come to those who wait." ;)

Challenger One 09-13-2008 04:39 PM

llOd Goat sounds like your doing whats best for you. Im going to keep on waiting for my Challenger enjoy your car thats what its all about

Jeremiah 29:11 09-13-2008 04:54 PM

In my neck of the woods, having a vette is an old guys car because they are usually the rich ones. So that is one reason I would not get one.

That being said, I love the look of the ZR1 and Z06 but just too expensive for me.

I owned a Challenger before and I will own one again.

Old Goat, keep safe in Pasadena......I know Ike was real bad today. I have a lot of friends and family in Houston and won't have electricity
for a couple of weeks.

Enjoy your Vette.

snooter 09-13-2008 06:40 PM

nothing wrong with the vette....if the challenger vert is a no go i will most likely try to find and old beater vert of some type...with what ford dealers have done with adm's on the gt500 ($140K for the 500KR as an example)i doubt i ever walk into a ford dealership again....so we will see how bad dodge dealers try to stick an adm on the chally vert and if it gets stupid i just wont go back to that dealer..GM for all its faults does have employee pricing..my brother just bought 2 new silverados due alone to employee pricing...

MrKrisSullivan 09-13-2008 09:11 PM

Hey Old Goat I feel you all the way brother... Im kinda in the same boat but with a C5 drop-top or an R/T sun-roof...[&:] Im no rich guy either... hard ass worker sous-chef and bust ass... but for all the reasons you guy's rag on Vette's is almost part of the reason I want one... besides the bang for buck... Im only 23 not rich don't make an exorbent amount of money... but I can afford one with the right sellar and car... Im a tall slender guy... with no jewlery... just a pretty girl-friend;)... so congrats...
Ohh to someone else's post... If I could get one for 0% you might see me in one[:-]... Buddy of mine just bought a new GMC Seirra 4x4 lifted brand new and got 0% on it... Same guy I was talking about with the Glasspacks.... He's trying to get me to buy a an LS2 Goat matter fact...
But I do have the Mopar in my blood and I do love the Hemi.. Or semi-Hemi whatever... and the Challenger is kinda timeless... ughh decsicions decsicions...