Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

My last thread.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My last thread.

Well some common sense kicks in and the name calling stops. Guys thanks for making nice Nothing wrong with trash talk about cars but name calling and personal insults on persons should not and will not be tolerated. Glad to see you guys mend this and lets try to keep it above the table. Now back to the cars. If you choose an SS more power to you and if you choose an R/T or an SRT-8 you do have more power but in a heavier package. To each his own and good luck on your choices.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awww I still love you guy's...[8D]
I work for my moola... The Ram was my first whip and I paid for all of it... Now im thinking about my second and im still gonna have to pay for all of it...
I love cars and lately I've had the need for speed... I mean it is the new "muscle car wars" again right...
All apologies on my part too...
Old 10-15-2008, 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

Awww I still love you guy's...[8D]
I work for my moola... The Ram was my first whip and I paid for all of it... Now im thinking about my second and im still gonna have to pay for all of it...
Same here. Paid for everything myself. That's how you learn to truly appreciate things.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: kevin2323

rudy my parents bought me my first car when i was 18
Your parents bought you a $42,000 sports car? Honest question.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:56 PM

[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(] Make your way in the world. That's how I was raised.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Riptide

ORIGINAL: kevin2323

rudy my parents bought me my first car when i was 18
Your parents bought you a $42,000 sports car? Honest question.
More importantly, would they like to adopt me as another son?
Old 10-15-2008, 06:33 PM

No doubt a better man for it too Paladin. My folks never would have thought about buying a car for me... not when I was a kid... not now... not ever.

Neighbors bought each of thier kids cars when they came of driving age. Both kids totalled at least one car each and thier parents came to the rescue and bought them another one.

Was amazing to see how a nice car could deteriorate over a short period of time. A dent here... a broken window... another dent and so on. Then one day the car just doesn"t show back up because it has been totalled... then a few days later ma and pa put another one in the driveway for them... pretty pathetic. Never learned better after a couple rounds with each of thier boys... will be interesting to see what happens with the daughter... she will be at that age here very soon.

As for my boys... I am prompting them and teaching them to save thier money so they will have some cash to buy thier first car when they get old enough to drive. Thats the way it will work in my world...
Old 10-15-2008, 08:10 PM

Dad got me my first. A 1970 Dodge Dart swinger. That was 25 years ago, and darn it, I want it back!
Old 10-15-2008, 10:17 PM

yep nothing wrong with dad buying you your first car, if you were raised good you will appreciate it dearly as i have. I was taught to push yourself to succeed, just like my parents left their country to come here to make their kids life better than theirs and give us the things that they never had. That is what I have learned over the years.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:29 AM

my first car......$150 1977 Volare....with corinthian leather and power windows!!!!!
rolls eyes at dad buying son $42,000 car........good grief....thats all I got to say.....

Quick Reply: My last thread.