Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

My R/T arrived last night!

Old 10-10-2008, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My R/T arrived last night!

BAD NEWS!!

I have been toalking to the sales guy and manager all day!!

They 1st quoted me over the phone today $1k over sticker and $6k for my trade. I almost crashed while driving.

I called back and told them I was promised at sticker or under.

They said okay at sticker but still stuck to my trade.

I got my trade appraised at two other dodge dealerships here in Austina nd San Antonio and one was giving me $8k and the other $8200.

The owner sales manager called me back and said the used car guy was reluctant but could give me $6500.

I am so upset.

I found it that they have 4 other people willing to pay $3k over sticker for the car I ordered. It is I beleive the 1st 6 speed R/T in Central Texas!!

I told them, what about loyalty, yes they are in the business to make money but not price gouge me. Even the sales guy said they are not trying to screw me and I said why am I so pissed.

I should have taken the deal last week at Mission Dodge in San Antontio for sticker and $8k for my trade on their 6 speed R/T.
Just so upset at waiting 4 months and I get shafted!!

Freakin dealers, I hate them all!!

The sales guy felt bad for me and he said his hands were tied.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:02 PM

Did you have a deal with them ahead of time? The low trade value is a sneaky way of charging you more. If you can't wait for the next one, tell them you'll take it for 1K over, and then sell your trade-in to the guy who appraised it for 8.

Really I'd just wait for the next one. Order from another dealer, get a written contract ahead of time, and go from there.

That is a huge bummer though. I was excited for you just looking at the picture, and I'm all the way up in Indiana. I don't know what kind of agreement you had with the dealer, but if you were the one who ordered it, you should be able to buy it for MSRP. (That is not legal advice, just general ethics) Although don't blame it all on the dealer. The geniuses who are offering extra $$$ to the dealer in order to jump you in line are just as much a part of the problem.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:19 PM

Dealer is probably bluffing... call his bluff and walk. He will likely be calling you by the time you get home. If not go to another dealer. Somebody will treat you right in this competitive market. Sorry to hear it... but dealers will be dealers... [:@]
Old 10-10-2008, 07:27 PM

You'll need that to perk you up after the game!

This is the one time of the year I have second thoughts about getting Hugger Orange.

Sooners 28-24
Old 10-10-2008, 07:33 PM

Hugger Orange.... There's no stinking Hugger Orange Mopar Color. You thinking Bowtie?
ORIGINAL: Zoomin

You'll need that to perk you up after the game!

This is the one time of the year I have second thoughts about getting Hugger Orange.

Sooners 28-24
Old 10-10-2008, 07:36 PM
mac

Dealerships are in bad shape across the country and this is typical behavior from a business when they think something is worth a certain price, but the item sits due to lack of customers. Sometimes they will even ask for higher prices to try and make up the losses but ultimately they end up selling at a lower price just to get rid of it. Now I am being very simplistic and this does not always happen but I am currently seeing this at my local gun shop, home builders in the area and my recent trip to Maui where some shops had what I refer to as tourist junk listing hand crafted items from 1200 dollars to 400 with no one rushing to buy.

Remember my friends, cars and other items are just like baseball cards, only worth what you are willing to pay for it.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:22 PM

Congrats!!

you'll love it!!

Old 10-11-2008, 02:21 AM

Duarte: Are you dealing with North Star Dodge or Ancira? I'd skip both places and go to Fiesta Dodge. Ask for Fred Garza. Tell him the guy with the white SE sent you. He'll do right by you.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:48 PM

Just got back from Dallas. Hell of a game but still bummed about the challenger!!

Rsowell,

I will call them on Monday and ask for Fred.

Mission Dodge in SA called me Friday and they have three 6-speed R/T's ont he lot now but they are selling them for $5k over sticker.

Guy said come on down and we can work a deal, I said if you start at MSRP, I will make the 80 mile drive.

We did not have anything in writing but the way they treated me on the phone pissed me off like I was average Joe and was patient for 4 months but them telling me they had 4 other people willing to pay $3k over sticker, WTH!!

I will take my time now and just call dealerships in Dallas and Houston and see if any of them have a good heart!!

Thanks guys!!!

Hook 'em Horns!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 07:49 AM

I tried to PM you, but you have that turned off. I will get you your car.

shoot me an email at fgarza@fiestacars.com

ORIGINAL: topduarte

Just got back from Dallas. Hell of a game but still bummed about the challenger!!

Rsowell,

I will call them on Monday and ask for Fred.

Mission Dodge in SA called me Friday and they have three 6-speed R/T's ont he lot now but they are selling them for $5k over sticker.

Guy said come on down and we can work a deal, I said if you start at MSRP, I will make the 80 mile drive.

We did not have anything in writing but the way they treated me on the phone pissed me off like I was average Joe and was patient for 4 months but them telling me they had 4 other people willing to pay $3k over sticker, WTH!!

I will take my time now and just call dealerships in Dallas and Houston and see if any of them have a good heart!!

Thanks guys!!!

Hook 'em Horns!!!