Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   My R/T is sold......... (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/my-r-t-sold-6219/)

Yankee 03-09-2009 10:40 AM

RE: My R/T is sold.........

Axel, no one here would begrudge you if you had to sell due to an unfortunate unforseen circumstance, i.e. job loss, drop in income, divorce, whatever - stuff happens, that's just the way it is.

IF, however, you panicked and sold your car simply because you took the word of some so-called "speculators" about its future resale value, well... that's just an awfully cheesy excuse in my book. Maybe there's more to the story than 73Challenger is saying, but if what he said is really true, I really gotta shake my head on that one. [sm=wtf.gif]

Thor77 03-09-2009 11:57 AM

RE: My R/T is sold.........

What he forgot to say is that he's selling it so that he can get an SRT;)

I can sort of see where the threadstarter is coming from, in that he basically got to use the car for 6 months or however long for "free" less the price of gas and insurance. Maybe he gets tired of cars after 2 years anyway, so he's thinking: "6 months with no depreciation, or 2 years an lose half the value," and I can kinda see where you could make a case for it. But it does seem a little odd unless some other vehicle has stolen his affection, or the $$$ has become an issue.

stp43joe 03-09-2009 05:35 PM

I would like to meet the sucker you sold to

You could buy a tricked out new one for 33,000.

MrKrisSullivan 03-09-2009 07:54 PM

RE: I would like to meet the sucker you sold to

what??? wow... you got really lucky I guess... I've been looking at an R/T with only 2800 miles on it and it going for 28800... I got the dealer down to 28g's even.... WOW!!!! Good sell...

tskatz 03-10-2009 06:35 AM

I would like to see an actual audit of the original purchase Vs. the sale paperwork. I just saw a brand new R/T on Ebay that is exactly like the one I purchased for at least $1500.00 less than I paid.

wrongway 03-10-2009 08:08 AM

The Value should go up should they decide to stop building these, isn't that right?

Yankee 03-10-2009 09:03 AM

ORIGINAL: wrongway

The Value should go up should they decide to stop building these, isn't that right?
Not always - there have been scores of discontinued cars that haven't increased in value - the GTO is a good example, or the Chevy SSR - they're depreciating just like any other car. Their value MIGHT appreciate over time (a loonnnnnnggg time...), but I doubt we'll ever see it in our lifetime. The Plymouth/Chrysler Prowler is another example.

In some cases the values actually drop faster if a car is discontinued.

Rudy61SRT8 03-10-2009 10:58 AM

Let me speak for 73Challenger and say ,

He lives in Miami as do I , I have seen 73 befeore , he was a great poster

SRT8's and R/T's are still 10k over msrp in Miami Dade , and 33k for a used R/T is a GOOD DEAL down here .

KyChallengerR/T6spd 03-10-2009 03:29 PM

Your choice , Your car

I gave MSRP for my R/T 6 spd. Don't regret it at all . Very happy with the car. Anything is only worth what you can sell it for . But it is worth every penny I paid for it . Even if worth goes down. Or I might take less to buy something else. Haven't driven a SRT . But that might be a good reason to sell . The economy is hurting everyone. If that is the reason . You have to do what you have to do. I plan to keep my R/T a long time . And if I could I'd buy a SRT for those special day's to cruise .

whylee 03-10-2009 04:06 PM

I wish we could hear more of the story, but I can see where someone just may have decided they want something else. I do that with my motorcycles, just have to have one, ride it for awhile, then see another I would rather have.