Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

My R/T is sold.........

Old 03-08-2009, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My R/T is sold.........

Six months.........2,700 miles..............plenty of fun..............no issues.

Paid approx. $33k................sold for approx. 33k..................

My philosophy is if you can get even money after six months, you take the money off the table and run.

I have been told by many car dealers and wholesalers that the party will soon be over on Challengers,
and their value will drop like a rock as this economy bottoms out. That was enough for me to hear.

This may be my final post to this wonderful forum.

I have gained alot from the information shared by all.

Thanks to all....................

Old 03-08-2009, 07:26 PM

Default RE: My R/T is sold.........

Why did you sell? Were you not happy with it, or was it purely a financial decision...if you don't mind me asking? The way I look at it, my R/T is by far the coolest and best car I've ever owned, and I plan on keeping it for a long long time....no matter the value. If it was worth $100, doesn't matter to me, it is still one bad ass car....just my 2 cents
Old 03-09-2009, 03:21 AM

Unless you're in financial trouble yourself and are looking to cut your losses, I personally think that's a pretty lame reason to sell a car... [sm=bangbang.gif]

I didn't buy mine strictly for resale value, I bought mine because I wanted it - period. If the resale value DOES drop like a rock, so be it. Years ago I remember a guy telling me he can remember a 1970 Hemi Cuda on a dealer's lot in 1974 and the dealer only wanting $1500 for it (and STILL nobody wanted it). That was the days of the first oil embargo and when the 55 MPH speed limit was enacted, and cars like that were like an albatross around the neck. Fast forward 35 years later... how much is that car worth today?

I guess you felt you had to do what you did, and if you're losing your job or not bringing in the $ you once were in this economy then I can understand your actions... but if you panicked and dumped your Challenger simply because someone TOLD you that resale values were going to plummet (which they will eventually, no matter what happens) well... I gotta say that's pretty sad.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Yankee

Years ago I remember a guy telling me he can remember a 1970 Hemi Cuda on a dealer's lot in 1974 and the dealer only wanting $1500 for it (and STILL nobody wanted it).
Damn. I bought my 70 Challenger with a 318 in 1974 for $1,600. I was ripped off!

Actually, Yankee, I'm like you. I bought my 09 to keep, regardless of what happens to the value. I kept my 70 till it was wrecked in 2001. Hopefully, the 09 will last me the rest of my life.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:54 AM

wow you listened to a dealer....dealers who dont even know what colors or options the challenger has....but im glad you got even for it....
Old 03-09-2009, 08:12 AM

I am like you guys. I didnt buy my Challenger as a financial investment, I bought it cause 1) I wanted one 2) I could afford to do it and 3) with the state of the economy who knows how long they will be making them.

This is the nicest car I have owned to date and I am not planning on getting rid of it any time soon. It looks great, rides great and is big enough to haul my groceries, Bowling balls and Golf clubs - all at the same time [sm=happy046.gif] .
Old 03-09-2009, 08:15 AM

i have to agree that selling for re-sale value is a pretty lame reason to sell. Then again who knows what the guy is going to buy next. Maybe hes got his eye on a hot Camry with great resale value lol F that!!!!! ill keep my car & continue to have fun. After all i want to get to the point where the dealer says uh oh here comes that dude with the lifetime drive train warranty again!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 08:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my SRT to have fun. If it appreciates in the future, that will just be "icing on the cake."
Old 03-09-2009, 09:38 AM

Unfortunately, I may be in the same boat. I love the car and everything, especially after all the trouble of getting it, and I may be getting rid of it. Had a little tunnel vision, thought we would be alright, bit of turn of events will be changing all of that. So mine will be do to financial reasons, still have a job and all, just have an extra expense that's going to push it over the edge. I'm very very disappointed let me tell ya. Anyone have some spare change so I can bring the payments down and keep it? []
Old 03-09-2009, 10:09 AM

73Challenger, I can barely believe my eyes. It just seems like yesterday you and I were waiting on our cars. Our cars arrived at about the same time. I know everyone has different reasons for buying a vehicle. I'm still enjoying mine and have 5300 miles on it. It is destined to be a keeper. As I am retired, it may be the last new vehicle that I ever own. It is still a pleasure and quite an experience to drive around. Hope your next vehicle gives you the experience you desire. I have a friend that owns an automotive auction business and he feels that any car is just another unit, I just can't feel that way about my cars. When I want one, it becomes my passion. I guess some guys feel that way about golf, etc. To me, it's cars.

Quick Reply: My R/T is sold.........